SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Door Removal and Speaker Replacement - PDF TUTORIAL

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-11, 06:15 PM
edmondt
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Correct I'm working on this right now... Got the driver side removed, now working on the passenger side...

They both blew, sounds like s buzzing bee.
Old 12-10-11, 03:49 PM
westxype
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a rear instruction removal pdf? I need to check my rear speakers.
Old 12-10-11, 10:47 PM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

see post # 92 in this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...he-test-7.html
Old 12-11-11, 10:38 PM
nwcn98
Rookie

Originally Posted by Harold57
The triangle weatherstripping replacement that eliminates the wind noise. The window adjustment portion needs to be added though.
I would be interested in this as well. I've replaced it once and I need to do it again, but this time have to lower the window a 1/16. I just don't know how to do it

Thanks for the great post
Old 03-10-12, 09:29 PM
Dallas6412
Driver School Candidate

Default Thank you!!!!

I followed the instructions to the tee and even purchased the same speakers you installed. I could not have done it without your instructions. Nice work. Thanks again!!

UOTE=Daveychan;6693179]Hello,

This weekend i replaced my front-door woofers while using a very nice tutorial posted on this forum.

I'm posting that re-edited PDF for the door removal (i've made a few changes to that tutorial) and created a new PDF for the speaker replacement.

I hope that these will be helpful for someone else...

Thanks again to everyone who's given their time and effort to help others here! I couldn't have done it without you!

davey

P.S. - Apologies in advance to the mods for the re-post of material and ideas that have discussed many times here already, but i thought a new post with all the good ideas in one thread might be beneficial.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-11-12, 09:09 AM
bacardi
Lead Lap

I have the DC Gold N69R in my car very nice speakers and great sound.
Old 01-07-13, 07:57 PM
kennylexsc
Driver

very nice intructions, thank you
Old 01-12-13, 02:17 PM
kennylexsc
Driver

so you can use High performance RTV silicon to seal the cracked front speakers? is this correct?
Old 01-30-13, 11:09 AM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome thread, needed this pretty bad. The guy I bought my SC from completely destroyed the doors getting the speakers in, I mean I need new panels destroyed. It's just awful. I love audio, but as much as I love audio I'm not going to destroy the interior trying to get it hooked up. Just crazy I'll do some before and after pics I suppose, I just keep forgetting to take pictures and just work on it instead.
Old 03-09-15, 09:20 AM
charmstr
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DrawDog
Thanks for this tutorial, it was very helpful when replacing my 6 X 9 door speakers. There were a couple of differences removing the door, I only had two pins and they were located on the black part of the door right near the front edge, up by the mid-range driver and tweeter. Everything else was the same except I also disconnected the lower door light connection... just made it a little easier to rotate the panel. I chose the speakers that were rated best in this shootout; http://www.soundstream.com/images/ma...ST6.9_shot.pdf They fit fine but although you have to trim two nibs on the plastic frame in order for the speaker to fit flush. I just clipped the nibs away with some wire cutters and then sanded them flat... everything else worked as shown. I did not connect up the tweeter that comes concentrically mounted in Soundstream's 6 X 9, I just orphaned it. My OEM speakers looked just like the ones in the tutorial, no edging left. :-o The bass from the Soundstreams is amazing! Even when cranked, they deliver tight, punchy, powerful bass. I had the grill covers flapping and still no distortion... sweet! I highly recommend them to anyone replacing their OEMs. I got mine from Amazon here http://www.amazon.com/Soundstream-SS.../dp/B0002W81YI It doesn't make it clear on Amazon's site, but the $77 bucks is for one box that has TWO speakers in it. Hope this helps!
In looking at the Soundstream Speakers on Amazon at the link you provided they indicate that they are 3 ohm speakers. Any problem with that since the OEMs are 8 ohms I believe? Thanks!
Old 03-09-15, 09:50 AM
bacardi11
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

sometimes we learn from others mistakes.
Old 03-09-15, 01:31 PM
Bgw70
Lexus Test Driver

Received 855 Likes on 688 Posts

Originally Posted by charmstr
In looking at the Soundstream Speakers on Amazon at the link you provided they indicate that they are 3 ohm speakers. Any problem with that since the OEMs are 8 ohms I believe? Thanks!
There several stories of replacing speakers with aftermarket speakers. I personally found used Mark Levinson speakers on ebay and replaced everything that was bad. The system sounds really good and balanced.
Some People on here that seem to know stereos have said that using anything less than 8ohms may shorten the life of the ML amp.

Last edited by Bgw70; 03-13-15 at 06:35 PM.
Old 03-09-15, 06:31 PM
charmstr
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! That's what I thought.
Old 03-09-15, 11:07 PM
texsexlex
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgw70
There several stories of replacing speakers with aftermarket speakers. I personally found used Mark Levinson speakers on ebay and replace everything that was bad. The system sounds really good and balanced.
People on here that seem to know stereos have said that using anything less than 8ohms may shorten the life of the ML amp.
...lol...everyone on here that knows stereos didn't agree with that, but everyone here is happy with the decisions they made with their stereos & speakers
Old 03-10-15, 10:58 AM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Hahaha, that is true texsexlex. But I am one that does agree with bgw70. After lots of experience, I feel why risk damage to the (ridiculously expensive and hard to find) ML amp, therefore I try to keep the same parameters assigned to OEM while improving with aftermarket products. I am quite happy with my upgrades as I'm sure everyone that has done the same in their own right is also content (as you pointed out). :-)

Quick Reply: Door Removal and Speaker Replacement - PDF TUTORIAL