SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Exhaust Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-15, 09:50 AM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Exhaust Tips?

So I wanted to make the rear end a little bit more aggressive and I have to fix the rear tip after puching in the exhaust by backing up slowly into a wall... Rear bumper was resprayed (fixed some old paint sun damage aswell) Anyways looking at the space under the car there isn't for a canister so im assuming all there will fit will be tips. I did a resonator delete behind the cabin into a single slight downwards pipe. Sounds amazing so Im not touching the rear end of the exhaust system since it would be pointless, A: because exhaust leaves before touching the rear end so it wouldn't make a diff in sound, and B: it wont be visible since my car is bagged and rear frame on the ground, so C: it would be pointless to spend a good couple hundred bucks for nothing. So has anyone found some nice decent tips to bolt on other than factory, or better yet to weld on? Not to keen on welding but can stainless steel tips be welded onto reg pipes? Thanks for the input!
Old 06-30-15, 01:13 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

I was looking for upgraded tips and went to all the local stores (AZ, OReilly, Advanced, PepBoys, etc), and none of their bolt-on tips will fit the SC430 without cutting off a "flange" on the OEM exhaust pipe. I didn't want to cut it off, so I avoided this route and bought a set of used OEM tips. Therefore, I still have a 2nd set of OEM tips that are in great shape. Let me know if you're interested in purchasing them if things don't work out with madmedoit.

Oh wait... you total blew off my messages about the clearcorners you created, sent me, and failed to "warranty." Way to stand behind your product. Never mind, not interested in any deals. Good luck. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post9009087

Last edited by ShawnOk; 06-30-15 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-30-15, 02:04 PM
djsurfer
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnOk
I was looking for upgraded tips and went to all the local stores (AZ, OReilly, Advanced, PepBoys, etc), and none of their bolt-on tips will fit the SC430 without cutting off a "flange" on the OEM exhaust pipe. I didn't want to cut it off, so I avoided this route and bought a set of used OEM tips. Therefore, I still have a 2nd set of OEM tips that are in great shape. Let me know if you're interested in purchasing them if things don't work out with madmedoit.

Oh wait... you total blew off my messages about the clearcorners you created, sent me, and failed to "warranty." Way to stand behind your product. Never mind, not interested in any deals. Good luck. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post9009087
As stated before, the actual maker for the 3d printed housings hasn't been 3d printing anything for a while now due to family complications, when he does and IF he does you will be notified Shawn. No ones hiding or making excuses. Since they weren't made by me, only lenses and assembly I cant guarantee anything at this moment or return money since he kept most since hes doing most of the work. Nice try on putting me down. And besides decided to go with s2k ap2 exhaust tips. You can booth stick it for your useless comments and effort to help. Ive been here far longer than either one of you so your childishness does not faze me, Ive seen it all even grown adults acting like children... ahheemmmm And the mods who delete comments for not approving of educated response from turds like you. You want new corners because theyre DIRTY.. hahaha enjoy your corners that have nothing wrong except for dirt you don't know how to clean off of them!!!! I actually could've sent you mine that are still new after I got my front bumper conversion which deleted them but now I decided not to help you anymore for such an arrogant comment. Cheers!!!!

Last edited by djsurfer; 06-30-15 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-30-15, 08:00 PM
ShawnOk
Pole Position

Received 89 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by djsurfer
As stated before, the actual maker for the 3d printed housings hasn't been 3d printing anything for a while now due to family complications, when he does and IF he does you will be notified Shawn. No ones hiding or making excuses. Since they weren't made by me, only lenses and assembly I cant guarantee anything at this moment or return money since he kept most since hes doing most of the work. Nice try on putting me down. And besides decided to go with s2k ap2 exhaust tips. You can booth stick it for your useless comments and effort to help. Ive been here far longer than either one of you so your childishness does not faze me, Ive seen it all even grown adults acting like children... ahheemmmm And the mods who delete comments for not approving of educated response from turds like you. You want new corners because theyre DIRTY.. hahaha enjoy your corners that have nothing wrong except for dirt you don't know how to clean off of them!!!! I actually could've sent you mine that are still new after I got my front bumper conversion which deleted them but now I decided not to help you anymore for such an arrogant comment. Cheers!!!!
Wow... a response.... surprising. I'm not here to troll. I do have a set of tips but then i realized it was you looking for them. I'm just surprised that you replied. Had you sent a message with that explanation rather than ignoring posts and PM's it would have explained a lot, and I'm not even asking for money back but then again you shouldn't state that you will "fix or replace" them and then leave me hanging for half a year. That's a true douche bag move, guy. Anyway, as we discussed you would talk to him and get back to me... you never got back to me... that's not cool in my opinion. That's the issue at hand. You can feel however you want, but seniority doesn't excuse the lack of common decency to respond to messages on a product you sold. That's poor service however you skin it. The fact that you even considered to make news ones since your's were doing the same, shows that you know that the stains are due to construction, not dirt or lack of "knowing how to clean them." Most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Regardless, I'm glad we don't have any additional business and won't want your extra set, in order to avoid some obligation to you after the poor communication you've clearly shown. So all I can say is good luck to you and your tail pipes.

Last edited by ShawnOk; 06-30-15 at 08:15 PM.