Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

VSC engages without reason

Old 01-08-13, 05:40 PM   #1
Matthias
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default VSC engages without reason

My SC430 '02 has developed a problem with the VSC. Unfortunately it s not the light but the VSC engages at slow speeds. If I accelerate from low speeds, engine does not rev up and the VSC lights comes on. It works as if I was skidding and tries to correct the direction of the car. Just as it should if I was on ice or experienced aquaplaning, but I am on a dry road. I did a reset of the ECU, had the car at Lexus (they were able to duplicate my issue) for a zero-calibration. They found no problem with the sensors. All did not help. Presently I drive with the VSC disengaged. I do suspect the speed sensors to act up as I had Tein-Coilovers installed, but how can I get to the source of the problem? Anyone had the same problems and solved it?

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Matthias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-13, 10:43 PM   #2
I-FORCE
Driver
Trader Score: (3)

I have the same problem after installing the coilovers.. very annoying

Anyone else out there ??
Current Mods - 25mm Rear / 15mm Front Ichiba Spacers, PPE Headers, Blitz Drop-in Filter, Daizen Polyurethane Steering rack Bushings, MeisterR Europe Coilovers, Eibach/SPC UCA, Rear SPC Camber Cam Bolt, Cusco STB, TRD Blue GS3 Front Sway Bar
Future Mods - Wheels (TBD); Supra 3.76 LSD, Tom's Rear Chassis Brace & 6-Links, Blitz Realize Exhaust
I-FORCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-13, 07:13 AM   #3
Matthias
Driver School Candidate

Finally not alone. There have been quite a few that changed to Coil Overs, I would suspect someone else might have the problem. As my car is part of the Airbag recall, I will ask them at the time the fix that to disable 2 out of the four wheel sensors and start to eliminate the problem this way.

I realized that you also changed the steering bushings, i did that as well.Sometimes, when after driving and pulling into the driveway, I have a strange noise and vibration in the steering wheel while doing that sharp turn, have you realized that too?
Old 08-06-14, 02:18 PM   #4
Matthias
Driver School Candidate

An old post from myself, but I have reason to: problem has finally been solved. After being back at the suspension shop once, twice at Toyota and another three times at Lexus I finally went to an independent Lexus shop here in Las Vegas area. And they found the issue. As many suspected something was wrong with the wheel sensors. It turns out the front ones were not broken but just installed the wrong way as in not all the way in. this prevented accurate reads and in return activated the VSC at sometimes terrible moments. At the same time they replaced the engine and transmission mount and now all is smooth, fast and nice again. Kudos to the Independent!
Old 08-06-14, 02:18 PM