SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Modding to begin... May the experts chime in for some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-11, 09:30 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by talwang
I am really not an expert in the lsd differencial.
All I did was read the specs first before I posted. lol

06+ gs/is/sc all share the same 3.769 differencial in the US.
That may explain why some members said 06+ sc430 felt a bit quicker than 02-05.

It is likely the same in your region.

I think you should leave your differencial as is especially those 06+ is/gs guys haven't been able to do anything creative to it so far.
Why do you believe its best to leave it as is? I was thinking if i can get my hands on a complete carrier from a Supra, rebuild the unit and instal.. This way i will not be messing with my stock Diff..
Old 07-11-11, 07:07 PM
talwang

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Many people love the supra tt diff (the entire pumpkin) mainly because of the 15% torque gain from the difference in gear ratio, not really the lsd itself.
99.99% of the sc430 owners will never track their car, so the lsd is pretty much useless to them.

In your case, you get only as little as 4% torque gain assuming the whole pumpkin can be directly bolted on without an issue.
Old 07-11-11, 11:15 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Originally Posted by talwang
Many people love the supra tt diff (the entire pumpkin) mainly because of the 15% torque gain from the difference in gear ratio, not really the lsd itself.
99.99% of the sc430 owners will never track their car, so the lsd is pretty much useless to them.

In your case, you get only as little as 4% torque gain assuming the whole pumpkin can be directly bolted on without an issue.
Yea I guess your right.. It will cost alot of time and cash to aquire a decent unit; I do intend on tracking the SC in the season once i have all suspension mods carried out..

Regarding the swap, it works for fact; my dealer actually offered to install a unit without voiding the warantee if i buy a new one through them; around $3K !!!!!

I'll leave it till last, if i feel that it's necessary then ill look into it further.. For now, i have more important priorities
Old 07-12-11, 01:44 AM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Go with BC racing coils.. Theyre quieter and still ride very nice. I only bought megans cause its stiffer... Bc coils have rubber mounts and the megans dont.. So in time when theres no music playing, youre gonna hear your suspension squeekin'.. Worse when it rains.
Old 07-12-11, 02:25 AM
I-FORCE
Driver

Originally Posted by mIStaSC
Go with BC racing coils.. Theyre quieter and still ride very nice. I only bought megans cause its stiffer... Bc coils have rubber mounts and the megans dont.. So in time when theres no music playing, youre gonna hear your suspension squeekin'.. Worse when it rains.
Wow thats some news.. The reason i considered Megan is because of their generally good CM feedback and lower price.. Why did you specifically suggest BC Racing; why not Tein since they're similarly price.

Sorry reason i ask is that im not too familiar with sport cars C/O.. I just happen to hear tein quite frequently.. Would like to save ofcourse but wouldnt mind paying a little extra if it were to affect positively on the long run.

I am looking for a huge reduction in Body Roll and obviously a mild handling advantage.

Thanks