SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Supercharger coming soon :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-11, 08:09 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Supercharger coming soon :)

stay tuned. this will be my build thread!
Old 04-08-11, 08:49 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice! are those new guys u met helpin you out?
Old 04-08-11, 08:53 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats Tommy, Im interested in what kit your gonna be running. Let us know soon. Ive been wanting to supercharge my SC too. But there's not really any bolt on kits out there that I know of. Theres the RMM kit & Greddy made one for the 430 motor, but they discontinued it.
Old 04-08-11, 10:13 PM
VIPNiSS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robertrios
nice! are those new guys u met helpin you out?
oh no this is on my own but i am sure they would help.
Old 04-09-11, 04:14 PM
Pnuge88
Lexus Champion

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

buying the kit in the GS classifieds? gonna bee insane! can't wait
Old 12-12-11, 12:01 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have an rmm supercharger custom modified for the 3uzfe. I currently have it on my gs430 and it works perfectly. I am getting 0-60 times in the mid to low 4 second range and that is without good tires and without a fine tune.

Check it out

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-60-gs430.html

A lot of work went into getting this to work properly, and I'm moving on now to another project so if someone is interested in having a VERY FAST sc, now's your chance.
Check 2nd gen gs classifieds
Old 12-13-11, 05:56 AM
I-FORCE
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LALEX1
I have an rmm supercharger custom modified for the 3uzfe. I currently have it on my gs430 and it works perfectly. I am getting 0-60 times in the mid to low 4 second range and that is without good tires and without a fine tune.

Check it out

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-60-gs430.html

A lot of work went into getting this to work properly, and I'm moving on now to another project so if someone is interested in having a VERY FAST sc, now's your chance.
Check 2nd gen gs classifieds
How did you go about tuning.. Especially the darn TCU

Fitting all that in an SC Engine bay is certainly gonna be difficult.. people have difficulty with an SRT intake let alone a blower

Moe
Old 12-13-11, 11:44 AM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I-FORCE
How did you go about tuning.. Especially the darn TCU

Fitting all that in an SC Engine bay is certainly gonna be difficult.. people have difficulty with an SRT intake let alone a blower

Moe
If I knew someone with an sc430 that was local to me I could figure out if it would fit. All I need to do is look in the hood. Anybody wanna post a pic? I would rather see it in person but a pic would still help.
The entire oem airbox assembly is removed to make room for the supercharger unit. It actually fits right there. It is attached very closely to the engine itself. The supercharger becomes your intake.

Tuning is accomplished by using a Haltech interceptor. This has worked perfectly for me with no cel lights. The haltech unit controls the fuel and spark, everything else is controlled by the stock ecu. I am driving with no cel light, everything functions correctly, and idles and drives like stock, except for a lot more power. But it is super smooth.
If you like the gain you got from your ppe headers, imagine how much better it gets with an sc!!!
(I have both)
Old 12-13-11, 12:25 PM
I-FORCE
Driver

Originally Posted by LALEX1
If I knew someone with an sc430 that was local to me I could figure out if it would fit. All I need to do is look in the hood. Anybody wanna post a pic? I would rather see it in person but a pic would still help.
The entire oem airbox assembly is removed to make room for the supercharger unit. It actually fits right there. It is attached very closely to the engine itself. The supercharger becomes your intake.

Tuning is accomplished by using a Haltech interceptor. This has worked perfectly for me with no cel lights. The haltech unit controls the fuel and spark, everything else is controlled by the stock ecu. I am driving with no cel light, everything functions correctly, and idles and drives like stock, except for a lot more power. But it is super smooth.
If you like the gain you got from your ppe headers, imagine how much better it gets with an sc!!!
(I have both)
:'( i really hate you man.. Why have you guys gotten a blower in my head

I worry about the transmission.. Bad experience with blown motors and stock untuned TCUs
Old 12-13-11, 12:37 PM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by I-FORCE
:'( i really hate you man.. Why have you guys gotten a blower in my head

I worry about the transmission.. Bad experience with blown motors and stock untuned TCUs

Lol nothing like being boosted in a Lexus.
Especially when they hear the bov.

These kits have been tested many times and there are quite a few members in the 2nd gen gs section that have them. Many running for years (one of my friends is going on 5+ years) with no transmission problems. Keep the power under 400 whp and the tranny will hold. Also the kit I have has 2 pulleys.
One is 3.12 and the othes is 2.87. If you use the larger pulley you will "only" make about 330-350 whp and this can be controlled by your stock ecu and stock injectors. This is how the original kit was sold, Though I would always recommend using larger injectors, the smaller pulley and a piggy back (haltech interceptor) because this will leave you right around 380-400whp which is just what our transmissions can handle with no issues. Oh yeah also spend a 100bux and get yourself a transmission cooler. Definitely worth the investment. Another thing to consider is as long as you;re not going wot all the time then it will drive like stock.The only time your transmission would "heat up" is if you are constantly doing wot runs back to back. Wish you were in Hollywood, I would let you drive my car so you can feel and see exactly what I'm talking about.
The difference between this kit and the other kits that members have is that this one has had a few parts custom made and the brackets modified to fit the 3uzfe engine. And it works flawlessly.
Old 12-14-11, 06:12 AM
I-FORCE
Driver

I was in Hollywood for 2 days 2 weeks ago :'( ... The 5-spd on the GS is a proven tranny.. My 2010 SC is a 6-spd..

Apolgies for hijacking the thread OP
Old 12-14-11, 01:37 PM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

OP where are you with this SC? Didnt you decide to sell your car?
Old 12-15-11, 10:37 AM
LALEX1
Lead Lap

Not sure about op, but I did decide to sell my car and the supercharger is in the 2nd gen classifieds. Though it seems like the charger will most likely be sold today