Welcome to Club Lexus, the world's largest and most active online community of Lexus owners and enthusiasts.
You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Club Lexus community today (click here to register)!
I was reading the Toyota TIS documents for the 2006 SC and saw this new feature: (Don't get too excited it doesn't seem to work on my 2006)
Seat Belt Reminder System
Buzzer reminder cancel mode is added in the seat belt reminder system.
Buzzer Reminder Cancel Mode Setting
1) Set the LCD on the combination meter to the ODO display.
2) Press and hold the TRIP meter reset **** for ten seconds or more within six seconds of turning
the ignition switch to the ON position. Fastening the driver’s seat belt while holding the **** cancels
the buzzer reminder.
3) When this occurs, the LCD displays “b-OFF”. The buzzer reminder can be switched between ON
and OFF each time the TRIP meter reset **** is pressed. The LCD displays “b-ON” or “b-OFF”
according to the buzzer reminder ON/OFF status. The display changes to the ODO or TRIP meter
if the **** is not pressed for ten seconds.
4) Performing steps 1) and 2) again when the buzzer reminder is off exits cancel mode.
5) The cancel mode will also exit when the battery or combination meter connector is reconnected.
Does anyone know if the above instructions are just a "little bit wrong" or just don't work? (Oh, I know - just buckle up!)
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
i did something like that for my 2007 SC and it worked. i found it somewhere on the GS forums i believe. ill see if i can find it and try to post it here. but try the search feature on the forums ... you'll find it, and it will work.
and for the DRL. just go to any dealer, and DEMAND that you want it off and they'll change it through the CBEST settings. (when i went to do it, they told me it cant be done, but the service guy called the tech and they said they could do it)
So far I've tried a half-dozen variations of the routine without success on my 2006. I've pressed-and-held for 10 seconds to 2 minutes without success. I'm not clear about when the seat belt should be fastened; during or after the press-and-hold time. I have seen this procedure for other Toyota models including those with Start buttons and they're all pretty similar. I'd love to hear from someone that has made it work on a 2006. Mine was made in June of '06.
A follow up to my original post. I found another set of directions to turn off the seat belt buzzer. These are very similar to what the Toyota service bulletin states but it's a bit more clear (so that even I can follow it!) Credit to terenshi for the information:
1. turn the key to the ON position, foot off the brake
2. Press the trip reset button couple of times until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B)
3. turn the ignition to the LOCK (OFF) position
4. unbuckle the driver's seatbelt if it was buckled.
5. turn the key to the ON position. when the dash lights comes on, press and hold the trip reset button and count a slow 12 seconds. (editor's note, hold it more like 30 sec) (I heard a brief beep)
6. while still holding the trip reset button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt. (Can you spell contortionist?)
7.and the odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip reset.
8. the process should be completed when you unbuckle or turn the key off.
I did this to my 2006 SC and it works just fine. Turning the buzzer back on is just as easy as turning it off. This works for 2006+ and yes, I'll still use my seat belt.
Well, its been a while and my seatbelt buzzer has been quiet since I toggled the buzzer reminder off. However, since I reset my ECU I had to again toggle it off. Well, the procedure I had posted previously in the thread doesn't work ?!?! I sat in my car in disbelief as I tried over and over (what is it that they say "only a crazy man does the same thing over-and-over expecting a different result") but my seatbelt buzzer toggle wasn't working. Well, perseverance pays off and this is the routine that worked for me today.
1. Turn the key to the ON position, foot off the brake, door closed, seat belt unbuckled.
2. As soon as the display is on, press the trip button as needed until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B) AND THEN CONTINUE TO HOLD THE TRIP BUTTON DOWN WITH THE ODO DISPLAYED.
3. Continue to press and hold this same trip button (not the reset button) and hold for about 30 seconds.
4. While still holding the trip button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt. (Can you spell contortionist?)
5. The odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip button (again not the reset button).
6. Turn off the ignition when you have the setting that you want.
7. Continue using your seat belt.
I don't know why the routine seems to be different today from what I posted earlier so I'll leave the original posts as I'd swear that it worked for me in the past - but not now.
In a previous thread you started I posted the TSIB with the CBEST setting... but who know how compatible it is with YOUR BRAND NEW 2010...(I'm jealous) You'll have to speak with your dealer and let us all know what still applies.
Question I have a 2005 sc 430 In order to disable the seat belt Buzzer [ does this also
disable the light ? ] If I am able to get this to turn off the buzzer. How would I turn it back on Is it as simple as just pressing the trip button to get to odometer and press od untill i get to [ B off ] or [ B on ] if i want to turn back on
2005 SC430 Pebble Beach nav tool back up camera vias sirius radio daizen front & rear anti sway greaseable zerks blitz throttle controler windscreen deflector 8 disk dvd trunk changer dvd/tv tuner in glove box r1 slotted & drilled rotors,axis pads 20 " donz genovese staggered toyo t1 proxies toms tower strut bar cnc aluminum frame stiffiner plates lux link remote start remote top 1/4 window mod phone hack & beat sonic nav overide lots of led bulbs lexus logo door projectors 2004 GX470