SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

ABS Clearing Code Instructions+(Help)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-02, 01:42 AM
henrynguyen
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool ABS Clearing Code Instructions+(Help)

CLEARING OF MALFUNCTION CODE (ABS+Other codes too)

(a) Connect service wires to terminals Tc and AB of the check connector.
(b) Turn the ignition switch ACC or ON and wait approx. 6 seconds.
(c) Starting with the Tc terminal, apply body ground alternately to terminal Tc and terminal AB twice each in cycles of 1.0 ± 0.5 seconds. Finally, keep applying body ground to terminal Tc.

HINT: When alternating between body ground of terminals Tc and AB release one from body ground while applying it to the other terminal. The time interval in between must be within the following conditions. If it is out of the conditions, code 41 will not be cleared.

Can someone help me translate this sentence?

Apply body ground alternately to terminal Tc and terminal AB twice each in cycles of 1.0 ± 0.5 seconds.

Thank You
Attached Thumbnails ABS Clearing Code Instructions+(Help)-abs.gif  
Old 09-16-02, 04:54 AM
Aznteazer
Lexus Test Driver

So you're saying, if your ABS light is on, and you perform this task, the light will go off?

I'm just clueless when I see these AutoCAD drawings and dunno wat to do

My ABS light came on recently and that light is getting ANNOYING along with the blinking needles....
Old 09-16-02, 11:43 AM
henrynguyen
Driver

Thumbs up Yes Reset your ABS light

Originally posted by Aznteazer
So you're saying, if your ABS light is on, and you perform this task, the light will go off?

I'm just clueless when I see these AutoCAD drawings and dunno wat to do

My ABS light came on recently and that light is getting ANNOYING along with the blinking needles....
Yes your ABS + other warning light will be clear but if something wrong with your ABS then you must repair it. My car doesn't have any problem with ABS, I disconnected the battery for too long and I did not know that the ABS light will come on and stay there if the battery disconnected for certain amount of time. Therefore, my ABS light come on and stay there. If you need instructions on how to detect error on ABS, let me know.
Old 01-24-03, 09:05 PM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: ABS Clearing Code Instructions+(Help)

Originally posted by henrynguyen

HINT: When alternating between body ground of terminals Tc and AB release one from body ground while applying it to the other terminal. The time interval in between must be within the following conditions. If it is out of the conditions, code 41 will not be cleared.

Apply body ground alternately to terminal Tc and terminal AB twice each in cycles of 1.0 ± 0.5 seconds.

Thank You
Exactly what the HINT read. Connect one probe to Tc and the other probe to AB. Both probe need to be sharp pointed so you can be sure that it will touch the metal body (ground). You have to alternate touching the probes to the car metal body (ground) withing .5 to 1 second.
Hint: Use two small paper clips and stick in the Tc and AB. Then use those clamp clip on one end and a sharp point tip on the other end, of course there is wire between those things. You can buy these from Radio Shark or they cam as accessories for some of the engine check equipment. Now alternately touching the car metal within .5 to 1 sec. If the ABS light did not goes out, you need to do it again.

Good Luck
Old 01-25-03, 04:02 AM
carnal_c30
Lexus Test Driver

holy crap! thanks for bringing this up!

I searched but I was searching for pulling codes and didnt find much!
Old 04-12-03, 10:40 AM
DroppedGS
Driver

Default Re: ABS Clearing Code Instructions+(Help)

Originally posted by henrynguyen

(a) Connect service wires to terminals Tc and AB of the check connector.
(b) Turn the ignition switch ACC or ON and wait approx. 6 seconds.
(c) Starting with the Tc terminal, apply body ground alternately to terminal Tc and terminal AB twice each in cycles of 1.0 ± 0.5 seconds. Finally, keep applying body ground to terminal Tc.

Thank You
I have a 94 GS 300 ...My ABS light stays on...And this is how I brought the car.. Im wondering will this method work for my car also? When your ABS light is on will you ABS still work?
My Airbag light is on also will this clear that too?