Search this Thread

Old 11-03-07, 10:29 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default A moment for prayer.......

11/5 - Latest update!!!!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=75

Good Evening/Morning folks. I am normally in the LS and NELOC forums but do occasionally jump over here as well. This is a very serious post, so I am gonna ask anyone who feels the need to bring animosity here, to not post at all. There are somethings in life more important, and the value of a human life is THE most important of all. Thank you!!

Today(11/3) we nearly lost one of our own. Todd (Rising Sun) was involved in a very serious car accident in which he had to be medi-vac'ed from location, however will be able to walk away considering the amount of damage. NELOC (further down in the forums) held a regional gathering at a spot called Hawks Nest in the North Eastern part of Pa. There are too many factors involved, to determine the accident cause at this time, and by the location, he was clearly out of plain sight for anyone to actually see what happened. Bottom line, Todd wound up slamming into the side of a mountain, bouncing off of it and hitting a retaining wall which prohibited him from falling off a cliff with a 200-300 foot drop into a river below. The retaining wall is no more than 3ft high, and thank God it held. He was assisted in getting out of his car, but he did do so on his own power. As stated before, he was taken from the location via medi-vac, and then transported by ambulance.

His injuries, thus far unless iternals emerge, are a broken nose, broken sternum(chest bone), and a bruised lung. He is being kept for observation and is expected to return home in a few days.

I am asking for your help in sending him and his family well wishes for a speedy recovery in this very difficult time. As I stated before, this is a very serious post, and I would really appreciate it if anyone who feels the need to bring animosity, to just not post at all. Thank you!!!!

What sketchy details we have so far can be found here,,,,https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=316319

pic from accident scene....

Lexus builds a hell of a car, however we are not immortal!!!! Please remember to always use your seatblets, and remember to drive safely!!!

Last edited by trukn1; 11-05-07 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-03-07, 10:36 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Sad to hear. Best Wishes to Todd.

Bruised lungs are no fun. He'll have to blow in a bag with a straw to regain use of the lung muscles and recoup movement of that lung fully. Long and annoying process from my experience.

Good thoughts his way.......
Old 11-03-07, 10:41 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

PS- I swear it looks like he is on MY ROAD. I'll quote this post with a pic tomorrow.

Dang that car looks really bad.
Old 11-03-07, 10:43 PM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh man. wow. I hope your recovery is quick and painless.
Old 11-03-07, 10:47 PM
Blizzy
Lexus Champion

I hope everything turns up in the end. I am glad to hear that he is likely going to be ok; that wreck looks bad.
Old 11-03-07, 10:52 PM
DY3VERSITY
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope all will be well, but the most important thing is that a mere retaining wall saved a life. My prayers will be with Todd.
Old 11-03-07, 11:04 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It could have been a lot worse, you are lucky to be alive Todd.
Old 11-03-07, 11:06 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rvaquino
..... the most important thing is that a mere retaining wall saved a life. My prayers will be with Todd.
Exactly,, you can see just how high or not high that wall is in the pic. If you look carefully at the wall behind the rear of his car, you can see that it actually punched thru it, so luckily it did hold and not give out.

Todd walked out of the car on his own power and is gonna be just fine. Just gonna need alot of recovery time and rest. Our prayers are with him and his family.
Old 11-03-07, 11:43 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Another SC off the road but another life saved by great engineering I'm happy to hear this didn't end worse. It actually gave me chills when I saw the picture before I read the post because I thought someone lost a life. Thank God.
Old 11-03-07, 11:54 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

yeah, he was talking to me tonight joking how he "needed a new project anyways". Todds a trooper and will pull through this.

Yeah, when i tried to open his door at first it wouldnt open, i was like......crap car is on fire, cant open the door this is bad. Then i said what the hell and gave her a hard yank n opened it up to see todd in one peice! I yelled at him to get the hell out cuz it was on fire.....and he, dispite the injurys got up out of the seat and out of the car before i could even get around the door!
Old 11-04-07, 12:35 AM
Mr Soarer
Pole Position

yea i was like 1/4 ahead of him when we rolled down together , i went down on the turns and turned around , i was like where todd?? he wasnt to far behind as i went up i saw his car side ways i was nooooo.... as i drove up the car was destroyed and it was on fire then i saw 1loudlx and a off duty firefighter with todd on the side. thats when i went back and told everyone what had happen.

Keep trooping.... man ill check up on you soon...
Old 11-04-07, 01:04 AM
xspsi6
Lexus Champion

I am also wondering why this car cought on fire? It really dosen't make a whole lot of sense unless it were eletric related.
Old 11-04-07, 01:17 AM
$C300
Lexus Test Driver

Glad to hear that Todd is doin okay, i wish the best for him.

-Greg
Old 11-04-07, 01:28 AM
kevincao01
Pole Position

Best wishes to him and his family. Stuff like that always hits the heart and soul hard. Hate to see that happen to anyone. Really glad he is still alive.
Old 11-04-07, 01:55 AM
pnyboy27
Lexus Champion

well thats a good thing that hes okay..just things that will hurt for a bit..hopefully he heals fast and gets back on track

Quick Reply: A moment for prayer.......