Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Moving back to hawaii, sc poll inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-10, 03:23 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Moving back to hawaii, sc poll inside

Alright everyone im gonna be moving back home to the islands soon and some things have changed in my plans and i wont be able to take my beloved sc with me,... so although i hate to do it im gonna have to either sell it out right or part it out to attempt to bring in a little more paper, so im in need of the advice of my fellow sc peers on this one, to part out or not? that is the question, should i part it out and dump the shell or sell it whole for less money?

heres some specs and mods to help with the voting poll..

1992 lexus sc300
105000 miles
automatic hardtop

now for the problems:
possible tranny issues, may need a converter or a flush not sure but when its cold it takes awhile to shift and is pretty jerky going into gear from park also i think the rear main is leaking slightly, also needs paint and a headliner rewrap, passenger tail light has fish in it, all but the passenger side ac vents have cracked and been removed but not replaced, ac could use a recharge, the cluster needles are sketchy but i have a set of stock needles that i was gonna send to lextech to get redone, front seats need the bottom seat trim on both sides, oh and the rims have some curb rash.

now for the good/mods:
oem parts replaced list,
97-00 front and sides purchased new from carson toyota
supra lca's
all front engine seals replaced
new plug wires purchased from pembroke pines lexus
new sway bar end links (front)
97-00 fogs and headlights (headlights are super clean)
ngk iridiums
new oem fuel filter
cat delete/resonator delete
egr delete
new gmb water pump
new high amps alternator
new optima yellow top
new front windshield
seats have been rewrapped
black door/rear side panels
third brake light delete
new trunk struts
new supra rear subframe mounts
heater delete

aftermarket stuff
walbro 255 fuel pump
boostwerx 440cc injectors
ls400 maf sensor
custom bfi
megan 3row supra radiator
mishimoto electric fans and aluminum shroud
fidanza cam gears
gates racing kevlar timing belt
trd supra sway bars front and rear
tein basic supra coilovers
megan axle back exhaust
gated shifter mod
mtec 8k hids
3k fog hids
eclipse 5510 dvd/nav
eclipse ipod adapter
eclipse back eye cam (mounted in tail light key hole)
image dynamics 5 1/4 carbon components up front
image dynamics idmax 12d2
mb quart raa2400 2ch
mb quart raa4200 4ch
rockford 3sixty.2
alumapro cap5
apexi safc2 black edition
msd 6a
msd tach adapt
msd blaster hvc2 coil
ssr strusse agile 19x8.5f 19x9.5r
wise replica wing
new nexxen3000 tires all around (bridgestone potenza s03's started getting expensive to replace every 6months)
6 dynamat trunk kits throughout the car, full trunk roof and interior of car has been matted
stoptech stainless brake lines fr, fleabay cross/slotted rotors greenstuff pads superblue racing brake fluid(rear brakes are stock but i have rotors pads and lines for the rears also, just never installed them)
fleabay turbo manifold welded in common leak spot, not installed
high beam delete with custom vents
daizen poly steering rack bushing
ati crank damper
dmax +25 fenders not installed

there's probably a lot more that im forgetting but thats about the gist of it, and there's also pics of my car roaming around here but ill through some up in this thread when i get home from work...

Last edited by Papajorgio; 01-21-10 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-20-10, 03:44 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

with the parts you have listed, Im sure you could get more bang for your buck by parting it out..sucks that your having to let it go, especially at a time that Im broke..you have some things I want..keep us all posted
Old 01-20-10, 05:27 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Originally Posted by turbodremz
with the parts you have listed, Im sure you could get more bang for your buck by parting it out..sucks that your having to let it go, especially at a time that Im broke..you have some things I want..keep us all posted
thanx turbodremz, yeah it sux but i have a 86 corolla waiting for me back home which should occupy my time pretty well, but i made quite a few friends on here so im leaving the sc behind not the forum, and it looks like its 5-zip for parting it out so classifieds is gonna be my new home once i start the part out...
Old 01-20-10, 05:43 PM
DWPsc3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn sucks that you can't take it with you man.. You have some things that I would take off your hands but I'm broke ahaha. Anyways good luck with everything man hope it all goes well
Old 01-20-10, 06:30 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

I was gonna say both. Part out the aftermarket and sell stock
Old 01-20-10, 06:58 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

You make more parting but trust me, Its hard earned money and takes along time. Guess it depends on how fast you need to move it.
Old 01-21-10, 06:51 AM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Originally Posted by DWPsc3
damn sucks that you can't take it with you man.. You have some things that I would take off your hands but I'm broke ahaha. Anyways good luck with everything man hope it all goes well
yeah man i really wanted to take it back because i brought her from hawaii about 3 years ago and now after 5 years of fixing and modding and dumping paychecks into her im kicking her to the curb

Originally Posted by jadu
I was gonna say both. Part out the aftermarket and sell stock
that would be ideal but after parting her out it would be undrivable because i dont have the factory replacements for alot of the aftermarket parts that i put in it, so its either or not both unfortunately...

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
You make more parting but trust me, Its hard earned money and takes along time. Guess it depends on how fast you need to move it.
yeah i know how much work it is because i installed everything myself, but yeah the sitting time would play a role in this, i need to get rid of it all quick but without compromise...

also pics will be in today sorry busy day yesterday and to the people that are voting for the sell it whole poll how much do you think i could sell it for vs the amount i would make off the parts?
Old 01-21-10, 08:14 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

just out of curiosity, why not take the car with you? I know that isnt exactly cheap, but neither is buying and building another SC later on...

or trade me your high beams, i never got around to doing mine so they are still perfect
Old 01-21-10, 08:25 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what area on the fleebay manifold do you have to weld ? Sux u gotta seel ur car but its tru it might take you some time but you will get way more if you part it out. Sell me the LCA =)
Old 01-21-10, 10:32 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

sueno2jz, sucks that you dont have enough time to part out or the stock parts to swap back in. All that would require a lot of time. GLWS and make sure that it goes to a good home
Old 01-21-10, 11:34 AM
Justinizme
Pole Position

just out of curiosity, why not take the car with you?
That would cost a very pretty penny.. Shipping to the Islands isn't too cheap anymore.. I had to leave my 98 VR4 here in Ohio when I moved to Hawaii
Thankfully I moved from there and got reunited with my 3000 again. ...Then I sold it

I lived in Waikiki/Oahu... Right off of the H2, near the NEX..I'd suggest finding a way to take it with you, all those Supras/Evo's/G35's and Hondas running around make you miss your car even more!
Good luck tho!
Old 01-21-10, 12:14 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that a typo on the miles? If not.. keep it.

I would part it out
Old 01-21-10, 04:24 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Aye brah, so what, you one local boy, eh? I am from Hawaii, but moved away many years ago. I visit and have a few family members left living there but very few. We all live in the mainland now. Sounds like you have put some solid work into your car.

As Scott said, parting it out will take a lot of time and effort, not just in disassembling the car, but in the process of selling the parts and shipping them. YOu will get a lot more that way, but it sounds like you do not have the time for that. I'd take it back to Hawaii myself.

GL on whatever you decide

Ryan
Old 01-21-10, 04:32 PM
P Weezy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SCboy

I would part it out
EXACTLY.

Even if he meant 105k, thats still good mileage considering the year. Damn, my vote is keep it bro.
Old 01-21-10, 04:48 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

just out of curiosity, why not take the car with you? I know that isnt exactly cheap, but neither is buying and building another SC later on...

or trade me your high beams, i never got around to doing mine so they are still perfect
very true another sc would be expensive, but if i were to build another i would be at a point in my life where money would be of no issue to me and there for compromise would be minimized and absolute happiness could be achieved, in other words ballin like jim jones

as for the highlights we'll see about those, i do have another set besides the ones i have installed so we might be able to work something out

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
what area on the fleebay manifold do you have to weld ? Sux u gotta seel ur car but its tru it might take you some time but you will get way more if you part it out. Sell me the LCA =)
the section in the center of the divide for the left and right exhaust bank usually cracks, but i also purchased the manifold already welded, and when i start the part out ill keep you in mind when i get down to the lca's

Originally Posted by jadu
sueno2jz, sucks that you dont have enough time to part out or the stock parts to swap back in. All that would require a lot of time. GLWS and make sure that it goes to a good home
i will make some time for the part out but yeah it sux i have none of the stock parts anymore, never really thought i was going to have to sell it one day

Originally Posted by Justinizme
That would cost a very pretty penny.. Shipping to the Islands isn't too cheap anymore.. I had to leave my 98 VR4 here in Ohio when I moved to Hawaii
Thankfully I moved from there and got reunited with my 3000 again. ...Then I sold it

I lived in Waikiki/Oahu... Right off of the H2, near the NEX..I'd suggest finding a way to take it with you, all those Supras/Evo's/G35's and Hondas running around make you miss your car even more!
Good luck tho!
damn aint that the truth, so much exquisite variety in the islands will definitely make me wish i could take her with, but my first love were corollas so hopefully ill do up my soon to be corolla with the same type of power goals for the sc, maybe 1j that sucker and ride low and slow, but were you in the islands for work or pleasure or both, next to the nex im thinking military?

Originally Posted by SCboy

I would part it out
nope no typos here, just under 105000, looks like alot on paper but in the toy/lex community thats kinda like the break in period

oh and heres some pics as promised, and i also forgot to mention theres a hayden trans cooler
remotestart alarm(python871xp)
ac controls relocated to the glove box
blue leds in window contols
32 led gauge cluster(self installed)
luxurymods white led kit
and on and on and on.......................................
Attached Thumbnails Moving back to hawaii, sc poll inside-img00161-20100113-1544.jpg   Moving back to hawaii, sc poll inside-img00162-20100113-1544.jpg   Moving back to hawaii, sc poll inside-cam-gear-pics-018.jpg   Moving back to hawaii, sc poll inside-img00049-20091205-2234.jpg   Moving back to hawaii, sc poll inside-img00109-20091223-0124.jpg  

Quick Reply: Moving back to hawaii, sc poll inside