Remote FOB Programming Instructions for 1996 SC300

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-10, 03:43 PM
magneti
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SC34M3
if its the same as Blkexcoupe mentioned then try this

1. Insert an already programmed master key into the ignition. Do not turn.
2. Press and release the gas pedal 5 times.
3. Press and release the brake pedal 6 times.
4. Remove the key from the ignition.
5. Insert the new key you want to program into the ignition.
6. Press and release the gas pedal one time.
7. Wait 1 minute. The security light will be blinking for this one minute. When it stops blinking your key is programmed. To end programming step on brake one time.

NOTE: Look for your security light. This light will guide you during the programming procedure. The security light will go off at Step 1. It will remain off until Step 6. The security light will come on and start to blink after Step 6 until the key is programmed. If the security light comes on after Step 4 STOP the procedure and start over again.

If you perform this procedure too slowly your car will not go into programming mode. If you can not get your car to go into programming mode make sure you are using a master key and not a valet key. If you have a master key then you will probably need to perform this procedure more quickly.

its actually for a 98.
thanks. this worked the first try with a chip key (minus remote) off ebay. mine's a '98.

soon as security light went off I figured i was good and it cranked right up.

the guy at the lexus dealership said he couldnt program it anyhow.

although he was nice enough to cut it for $35.
Old 09-29-10, 11:40 PM
bcp_sc300

I have a 97 Sc300 can I use the 92-95 button on the side key to program with my 97 ?? or even the 98+ 3 button key?

Just dont want to use a separate remote

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
92-95 Button on the side of the key
96-97 separate remote
98-00 3 button key
Old 10-03-10, 10:39 AM
snook
Racer

Originally Posted by bcp_sc300
I have a 97 Sc300 can I use the 92-95 button on the side key to program with my 97 ?? or even the 98+ 3 button key?

Just dont want to use a separate remote
dont think so unless you change out the headunit part too
Old 10-03-10, 11:11 AM
TechGreek
Lexus Test Driver

Did all the SC300 have wireless key entry? Mine only came with a master key, that doesn't have any buttons on it.
Old 10-04-10, 03:00 AM
gldndrgn14
Pole Position

those that have the 97 sc's, does your lights blink with lock and unlock? and also, for passenger lock, i get 1 beep after initial driver unlock that sounds like it locks instead of the traditional toyota lexus passenger unlock sound. this 97 really annoys the crap out of me as im used to my 98 sc, and all the other previous toyota and lexus cars. i cant stand it not blinking the lights.
Old 10-12-10, 02:44 PM
snook
Racer

Originally Posted by TechGreek
Did all the SC300 have wireless key entry? Mine only came with a master key, that doesn't have any buttons on it.
yes I believe so, especially a 95

buy the correct key fob and program it for free with directions on here.
Search for my thread asking how after you find out what fob you need you can type in the ID # on the back into ebay
Old 01-31-11, 10:54 AM
philllyj
Rookie

My situation is the same as Tech where I only received a single master key without a button on the side for keyless entry.

From searching the site it seems I should have one. What do I need to do to get my factory keyless to work? Purchase a blank? I'm not sure where to start? Anyone.
Old 01-31-11, 11:59 AM
magneti
Pole Position

got mine on ebay. it came with the above instructions to program it. Had to have it cut at dealer. no big deal. Just be sure you dont get the shortened key if you need a longer one or vice versa. its sometime not clear when ordering.
Old 09-22-14, 09:12 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IOWNALEXUS
This is the one i used and it worked great!! The other methods wouldn't work on my car, mine has the separate remote and it should be the same as your 96.

Sit in the driver's seat and lock all the doors.

Unlock and open the driver's door.

Insert the key into the ignition and remove it (don't turn it...just remove it).

Using the MANUAL lock switch on the driver's door, lock and unlock the door 5 times.

Close the door.

Open the door.

Lock and unlock the driver's door 5 times ( use the MANUAL lock switch again,).

Insert the key into the ignition and turn it to the "ON" position.

Remove the key.

The driver's door will now lock and unlock itself one time.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob for at least 1 second.

Close the driver's door.

Open the driver's door.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob for at least one second.

Close the driver's door.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob. The door will lock.

Press and hold the "LOCK" button on the key fob again. The door will unlock.

You should be all set.
Bump from the dead need some HELP.

I did everything as mentioned on page two and got the car to "cycle" and get into programming mode. I had 3 key fobs and one is completely gone. The other 2 will just NOT work with me. I get the car into programming mode, and I do EVERYTHING as posted here and it does not work. Here are the details of the car.

1997 Lexus SC300 5spd. It has an aftermarket double din head unit with a sub and amp if that matters. Everything else is stock electrical wise. The old key fob did work with these "mods" these extras that came with my car just do NOT want to play ball and I've tried over 5 times and it made the passenger lock start squeaking so loud now every time I do the 5 lock/unlocks Also what battery are you all using for these fobs? I tried the CR2016, 2032, and 2025. The 2016 seems to fit best but slightly lose...the 2032 just will not fit and the 2025 fits but a bit tight. All are 3V duracells. HELP PLEASE.

edit: I've also tried Sony and Panasonic brand batteries and nothing either. Also is there a way to tell if these cell batteries are dead? Thanks fellas. I'm locked out of my trunk, no master key, and the trunk lock for the inside is locked as well. My trunk is now of no access and has been for 2 days now which is not good because my trunk gets very extensive use.

double edit: The fobs I'm using are brand spanking new just old and never been used since I guess 1997. But they're in immaculate condition inside and out I've inspected them.

Last edited by ashtray; 09-22-14 at 09:18 PM.