RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Dealer Communication-Or lack therof

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-15, 05:23 PM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Communication-Or lack therof

I posted last week about my pending purchase of CPO 2013 RX450H. I first went to the dealer, drove and liked the car last Tuesday. The following day I made a deal on the phone to purchase the vehicle and gave a deposit on my credit card. There were a few issues that needed to be addressed before delivery. The next day, Thursday, I completed a credit app over the phone. The next day, Friday, I spoke to the business manager and was approved. At that point the ac in the car was awaiting repair before delivery. I went to the dealer Monday morning and spoke to the sales person live. I asked for the Nav to be updated, the root cause of the ac problem to be explained after completed (awaiting parts for that in the next day or so) and tentative delivery for Wednesday or Thursday at the latest.
I've not heard a word since I went to the dealer Monday morning. At this point I'm thinking of canceling the deal. It makes no sense that I've heard nothing at all. I'd be interested to hear what others think.
Old 04-23-15, 05:52 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

If you really like the car, I wouldn't let an unresponsive dealership discourage you. Remember, communications can be two way. I would encourage you to reach out to them and request a status. I know there are many on these forums who consider Lexus service to be exceptional, but my experience is that they are fairly average, so they may have an occasional communications oversight. Bottom line, don't let the dealer experience discourage you from the car. Just my .02 cents worth.
Old 04-23-15, 05:57 PM
Dadofruth
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ward6096
If you really like the car, I wouldn't let an unresponsive dealership discourage you. Remember, communications can be two way. I would encourage you to reach out to them and request a status. I know there are many on these forums who consider Lexus service to be exceptional, but my experience is that they are fairly average, so they may have an occasional communications oversight. Bottom line, don't let the dealer experience discourage you from the car. Just my .02 cents worth.
I appreciate your input, however poor communication is the reason I'm so disappointed with my current brand. I've reached out to the dealer every step of the way, while the return has been lukewarm at best. I suppose I could call them tomorrow, but I expect better from Lexus. This is not a low priced deal. I'm particularly annoyed at the total lack of feedback from them since the beginning with regard to the air conditioner not cooling, This was noticed almost immediately on the test drive last Tuesday, or about 10 days. I'm not overly concerned with it not working, but have asked for an explanation and/or the root cause repeatedly and gotten zero response.
Old 04-23-15, 07:11 PM
TechNut
Pole Position

Received 691 Likes on 508 Posts

I understand. After my experience with the most recent new Lexus vehicle I have had to adjust my expectations as well. I don't think they are particularly better than most other brands, or worse for that matter, despite the cost of their vehicles. I feel your frustration but I'm not convinced there is a better dealership out there. I truly think Lexus wants the dealership experience to be superior, so I think the odds are better in the long run with Lexus than most other brands.
Old 04-24-15, 06:37 AM
jdshaw
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2015 RX buying experience was also very frustrating. In Charlotte there is no competition. One company owns two Lexus stores. Lexus needs to drop the hammer on some dealerships.
Old 04-24-15, 06:48 AM
Dadofruth
Rookie

They called first thing this morning. I'm satisfied and will pick the car up, no Saturday delivery
The A/C compressor had to be replaced. They're telling me that Navi has the latest version and no updates need to be performed. I'll have to take their word on that. It was frustrating not to hear anything all week, but in the end I'm not really dissatisfied. Better to have to good overall treatment than to get alot of lip service. Now to try and use as much fuel in my current vehicle as possible.
Old 04-24-15, 07:51 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Glad to hear, Dadofruth. It's not typical of Lexus dealers in my experience but maybe give them the benefit of the doubt this time. Hope all goes well with delivery.
Old 04-24-15, 08:07 AM
jebryan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jdshaw
My 2015 RX buying experience was also very frustrating. In Charlotte there is no competition. One company owns two Lexus stores. Lexus needs to drop the hammer on some dealerships.
I also live in Charlotte --- Hendrick wasn't willing to do a deal with me so I reached out Lexus of Greenville, and hour west in South Carolina and they gave me a pretty great deal with little effort on my end. Hendrick came back after I told them about my other offer and even then were hesitant to try and beat is so I said screw'em and went with Greenville who was upfront and honest right off the bat. I just took my 2015 IS into Hendrick for service and they've been great on that end... took it to the one on Independence Blvd aka the highway to hell.