Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Warning Message - "Steering Lock"

Old 12-26-12, 11:07 AM   #1
MDames2
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)

Default Warning Message - "Steering Lock"

The other day I attempted to start my 2010 RX350. I depressed the brake, but I failed to hold the start button long enough to engage the starter. As a result, the car didn't start and I got a warning light/message in the middle of the instrument cluster that said "Steering Lock". Any attempt to start the car after that was fruitless. The only way I could get the car to start was to turn it off, get out of the car, lock the doors, then unlock them. When I got in the car at that point I made sure I held the start button long enough to engage the starter. It started normally. This has happened to me twice. Has any one else experienced this? I think it must have something to do with the engine immobilizer.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
MDames2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-12, 08:01 PM   #2
chuckGS350
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDames2 View Post
The other day I attempted to start my 2010 RX350. I depressed the brake, but I failed to hold the start button long enough to engage the starter. As a result, the car didn't start and I got a warning light/message in the middle of the instrument cluster that said "Steering Lock". Any attempt to start the car after that was fruitless. The only way I could get the car to start was to turn it off, get out of the car, lock the doors, then unlock them. When I got in the car at that point I made sure I held the start button long enough to engage the starter. It started normally. This has happened to me twice. Has any one else experienced this? I think it must have something to do with the engine immobilizer.
Next time if it happens, before you press the Start button, with Start button in start mode, steer the wheel left and right to unlock the steering wheel.
chuckGS350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 07:43 AM   #3
MDames2
Pole Position
Trader Score: (1)

Thanks. Didn't try that.
MDames2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-12, 07:43 AM

Tags
2010, 350, 450, activated, active, check, lexus, lock, locked, message, rx, rx350, steering, system, warning, wheel