RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

SAT Radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-09, 08:44 AM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SAT Radio

Anyone else during the 3 month trial lose stations?

I had Howard Stern for over a week and now it says "Unauth" and skips those stations. Any idea why?
Old 05-29-09, 09:39 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know about HS radio, but I did lose XM during the trial in my past experience with them. I just picked up the phone and called back. They restored XM in a few mins.
Old 05-29-09, 09:57 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

if its just a momentary loss its because your antenna is not able to get signal from the sat.

If its out all the time they have to reenergize or zap your unit to restart it.

becasue its the car you need to cal lfrom the car and not be in a garage or preferably under trees. If you live in the city you may have antenna blocked by buildings.
Old 05-29-09, 09:59 AM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

Happens on all surfaces. Zap or re-energize? can you explain?
Old 05-29-09, 12:31 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

they have to resend a signal to activate--
Old 05-29-09, 12:33 PM
iewiew
Driver

Speaking of XM, I called them and wanted to add to my Sirius account. They told me that although they were the same company now XM and Sirius databases were not linked and the could not put XM on my account. I am thinking about letting the XM expire until they get it right. My IPOD is doing a great job.
Old 05-29-09, 02:14 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iewiew
Speaking of XM, I called them and wanted to add to my Sirius account. They told me that although they were the same company now XM and Sirius databases were not linked and the could not put XM on my account. I am thinking about letting the XM expire until they get it right. My IPOD is doing a great job.
I definitely won't subscribe XM after a trial. As for XMNavi and XMWeather, I have to check and wait. Dunno yet.

I have been using XM since 2003. Tons of songs were repeated or playing over and over. My 16GB USB can store more music than XM... the only downsize is it's hard to search titles of USB's music.
Old 05-29-09, 03:04 PM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by rxets
I definitely won't subscribe XM after a trial. As for XMNavi and XMWeather, I have to check and wait. Dunno yet.

I have been using XM since 2003. Tons of songs were repeated or playing over and over. My 16GB USB can store more music than XM... the only downsize is it's hard to search titles of USB's music.
Seriously. Why can we search and type for street names and POI's, but we cannot search or type to find songs/artists. It is very lame. Not to mention how it auto-plays when scrolling.
Old 05-29-09, 10:58 PM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Xm

I have had XM for about 5 years. When they were bought out by Sirius. I bougft the best of Sirius programming. Not bad. I like listening to Howard.

My only compliant is with the music programming. Why cant they just play song after song?

Nope. You have to hear the DJ say the name of the band and title of the song. If I wanted to know what it was. I would just look at the display. Every 3rd song they have to annoucne the name of the channel. Why?
Old 05-30-09, 05:34 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

it is all about money--I was an original investor in the 90's.

It started out as subscription service and there was music only. The title and artist appears on your little screen.

CDRD became SIRI but XM was first to service. SIRI fell behind then boldly, in teh face of bankruptcy, added howard starn for 120 mil a year it could not afford. Then it added NFL whic it could not afford. Along the way they addrd frills you speak of. XM retaliated by spending 100 mila year on MLB and added Oprah. This "content" added up. Both got into trouble as the auto industry declined. They needed these installations to build up subscriptions.

Along the way we entered a economic bump in the road and people decided they did not need to spend a monthly fee when many had ipods.

end of story.

I have xm and siri cause I like to have business news when in the car and I can afford it. I listen to some talk radio. Before ipod it was great for cross country trips. My wife and I still like all the classical music which has a far deeper library than we have i our ipod library.

But I do not like the "cousin brucie" talk all the time. I just want oldies.

smooth jazz radio is disappearing locally cause fm radio listeners is declinning. So sat radio fills a void.

If I was tight on money I woud not have it.

for investments, watch out for heavy duty inflation. Watch out for much higher gas prices--premium in my area is 2.99 as of last night.

the deficit spending--wastful spending--and bigger govt is going to harm the US. Just cannot spendmoney we dont have (although we have tried for years).

GM and Chrysler wil only succeed with the help of the US taxpayer.

Toyota wil get stronger in time. The RX wil be considered a HUGE size car in a few years and the hyrbid will command most of the sales of teh RX.

do not be concerend about the up price--the issue wil be availability of gas, nit just the price.

Old 06-01-09, 08:45 AM
Alfalover
Driver School Candidate

Btmnk21,
With regards to Howard Stern, XM had a week of free programing available for the show. I believe to be able to get him, they have a best of Sirius package you can add to your XM subscription.
Old 06-01-09, 04:50 PM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Alfalover
Btmnk21,
With regards to Howard Stern, XM had a week of free programing available for the show. I believe to be able to get him, they have a best of Sirius package you can add to your XM subscription.
I have the 90 day free subscription to Sirius. I had all the channels to start (I know because I used scan) and now I am missing a bunch.

I was told by a customer service rep to call from the car. I will do exactly that and see what happens.
Old 06-09-09, 09:14 PM
RXTexas
Driver School Candidate

After my first day of my 90 day trial, I lost traffic and weather updates. I called to reset but the update didn't work. I guess I'll call XM again. On a second note, they offered a lifetime XM Everything and Best of Sirus for $399 with 3 transfers allowed. Not a bad for a 1st offer. XM/Sirus is wheeling a dealing with new car sales on the skids...
Old 06-10-09, 05:16 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

lifetime with siruis xm may not be a long time
Old 06-11-09, 05:45 PM
Btmnk21
Pole Position

Free trial subscription- 90 days- I've lost more than Best of Sirius.

I called. Was told to tune to channel 001 for 15-20 minutes straight. It was nothing but dead air. I gave up after 5 mins. Maybe I'll try again, but probably not.

Quick Reply: SAT Radio