RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Can i get the Mark Levinson sound system/Navi without spending 9 grand?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-03, 01:57 AM
rgjdn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can i get the Mark Levinson sound system/Navi without spending 9 grand?!

hey folks, i am new to this forum and i am pretty interested in the RX330, but i have a simple question...i really want the navigation with the mark levinson sound system, but i really dont want to spend $9000 on the option package that it comes in. I dont need such things as the rear entertainment package and various other options. please let me know if this is possible. thanks in advance people.
Old 09-01-03, 08:55 AM
JRB
Pole Position

What you can and cannot get varies according to what area of the country you are located in, and it seems to some extent which dealer you are working with, as some are more accommodating than others. Mine, for example, went to the trouble of installing special seat heaters after our special-order car came in without them. I heard of others installing the wood steering wheel and shift **** on cars without them.

Generally you can get an idea of how you can configure a vehicle in your area by going to Lexus.com and see which options come as pre-packaged in your area. These do change from time-to-time. You will probably have to accept some options with these major options even though you could live without them, no matter where you live and when you order, however, and this is true with most manufacturers not just Lexus. So if you really want the car you have to go in with somewhat of a flexible attitude. And figure that at least part of the extra money you'll have to spend will be made up at resale.
Old 09-01-03, 09:30 AM
EvilStan
Driver School Candidate

Talking

I got NAV/ML without the rear entertainment system, but that comes with about everything else. I saved $1800 by not getting the rear entertainment.
Old 09-01-03, 10:01 AM
JRB
Pole Position

Originally posted by EvilStan
I saved $1800 by not getting the rear entertainment.
Same here. Given how little I knew we would actually use it, I thought about how much it would cost us on a PER MOVIE basis, and as nice as it would be, this made it easy to go without it.
Old 09-01-03, 11:30 AM
rgjdn
Driver School Candidate

Default thanks guys...

I wasnt sure what was available and what wasnt because Lexus.com, is quite confusing, and it contradicts everything it says in the brochure i received from the dealership. I was hoping to get a car with the performance package as well as the mark levinson/navi system, but i guess this is not possible(at least on the website its not). Maybe in California they have certain restrictions? I guess i will have tp pay my dealer a visit....thanks again guys.
Old 09-01-03, 01:37 PM
bige320
Driver School Candidate

Default Re: thanks guys...

Originally posted by rgjdn
I wasnt sure what was available and what wasnt because Lexus.com, is quite confusing, and it contradicts everything it says in the brochure i received from the dealership. I was hoping to get a car with the performance package as well as the mark levinson/navi system, but i guess this is not possible(at least on the website its not). Maybe in California they have certain restrictions? I guess i will have tp pay my dealer a visit....thanks again guys.
Unless I'm mistaken, but I believe I read somewhere (possibly here on CL) that Perf. Package and the Navi/ML Package can't be combined.
Old 09-01-03, 04:43 PM
LexusRX330
Driver School Candidate

rgjdn,
I also have NAV/ML RX without the RES. However I had to settle for a FWD instead of AWD. At the time of my purchase, all AWD with NAV/ML had the RES. The RES would have been a complete waste of money for me since nobody ever rides in the back seat.

If you are looking to keep the cost down, you might want to check out the Premium Plus Package with Nav. It does not have the ML stereo. I think my 96 ES300's standard stereo system actually sounds better than the RX330. The RX330 does not have enough bass. If I had to buy again, I would probably get this cheaper configuration since I probably will never use the heated seats or rain sensing wipers.
Old 09-04-03, 06:16 PM
dereki
Driver School Candidate

I also wanted one with AWD,Premium Plus, ML without RES. It seems like in California, it's not been a possible combination. I didn't want to give up AWD, so I had to settle with one without ML. Happy with the standard pioneer system tho.
Old 09-04-03, 09:29 PM
pdxmark2
Driver School Candidate

Default No More ML audio or Laser Cruise?

I'm awaiting the next shipment of RXs to my dealer here in Oregon, and was told that the Mark Levinson audio system is no longer being offered in the RXs--no matter whether you are talking Premium OR Performance. Not sure why.

My dealer also told me that the laser-assisted cruise control is not available any more, either.

I'm checking with a local Fleet management company to see if they get the same story from Lexus in Long Beach.

Anyone have any definitive info on this?
Old 09-05-03, 08:34 AM
EvilStan
Driver School Candidate

Talking

Sounds like B.S. to me!
Old 09-06-03, 09:52 PM
bige320
Driver School Candidate

I believe the ML/Navi package is an entirely seperate package. I don't think the ML/Navi Package can be combine with the Premium Plus or the Performance Packages. The ML/Navi is the same thing as the Premium Plus with Navi option without the upgraded sound system.
Old 09-09-03, 08:17 AM
TRD328
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why no just use the money and get a better custom sound system?
Old 09-10-03, 10:09 PM
RXSwoosh
Rookie

In Portland Or., I have been watching pretty close and haven't seen any Mark L's. The stock system is pretty good and I decided to save the money for better tunes in a mastercraft X-star once I recover from the RX payments!