RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

I Got it!!! Sweeeeeet!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-03, 11:37 AM
Jedi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking I Got it!!! Sweeeeeet!

Well, we took the leap and drove down to Crown Lexus in Ontario, CA. to pick up our 2004 RX330 Blk/blk, chrome 18's ( which I didn't think I was gonna like but now I think they are gorgeous after seeing them in person) , Navi, DVD Ent. Package, Mark Lev. , Tow Package.
Some of you may have remembered my earlier posts asking if anyone had gotten a good deal. Best deal I could get in Sacramento was $1000. off MSRP or they would through in the Chrome wheel option.....which they lied and told me it was $1400. there cost and actually found out it was more like $850. anyway, that's another story.
I worked out a deal OVER the phone with Chad and when I got there everything went relatively smooth. I got out of the dealer ship in about 1 1/2 hrs with test drive time included. In addition, I had a trade in which made me a little nervous.......keep in mind I drove 7 hrs one way to buy a car that I hadn't seen and was hoping all would go well with the trade in. I was upfront and told Chad exactly what my trade had or didn't have.
Bottom Line! I am a very happy customer! I got exactly what I wanted, didn't have to wait as long and saved ~ $2000. from the Sacramento dealership. To me it was worth my while to drive 14 hrs total to save 2K and be treated nicely and fairly. Good Job Chad! I have a feeling we might be seeing you again for that SC430!
If anyone wants anymore specific details let me know! I'm all mouth!
Old 05-29-03, 12:01 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

congrats on your new REX!!!! I've had my Black on Black for almost a week now and I love it too!! I think the Black Onyx looks great with the black leather interior, as well as the black spoiler and and the black underbody - it all just comes together perfectly - I'm jealous of your Chrome Wheels - I really wanted them but didn't want to pay extra when I was getting the Performance Package with Polished Graphite included....

I had my dealer tint my front windows to match the rear and it looks awesome - you may wanna consider that - if you wanna see more pix of my Black on Black click here
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/digabitde.../RX330&.view=t

cheers!
Old 05-29-03, 01:03 PM
JRB
Pole Position

Default Second Thoughts

jeffknet, wow after seeing your pictures I am having second thoughts about not having ordered the black, which looks great IMO. I like the graphite polished wheels a lot and personally wouldn't get chrome, but that's just personal preference. It's also partly a function of where I live, where winter road salt can shorten the lifespan of chrome very quickly.

As to the color choice, we'll probably stay with the Breakwater Blue because this will be my wife's car, and that's what she wanted. I also got black on my FX45, and I don't know if I want to do the work (and it WOULD be me!) trying to keep up two black cars. But your pics just reinforced what I previously suspected - the black seems to bring out the best in this car's looks.
Old 05-29-03, 01:17 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

JRB - you're absolutely RIGHT! you've got a Black FX45 - NUFF SAID! let the wife drive the "real purty" RX - and you get the SLEEK BLACK machine
Old 05-29-03, 01:37 PM
Jedi
Driver School Candidate

Jeff, those pics are sweet! BTW, what percent tint on the front? I was gonna tint the whole car on monday, but maybe I won't have to. I want the privacy factor! Plus, having a DVD running while on the freeway draws a lot of unwanted attention. Damnn, near got killed 5 times on the way home from lookie-lous. lmao
Old 05-29-03, 01:59 PM
jeffknet
Pole Position

Jedi - don't know what the number tint is - but dealer said it matches the rear side tint exactly, as to blend properly. We have tint restrictions in Texas so it's definitly legal.

funny you mentioned the Nav - It's my first Nav and I'm way too distracted by it - forget the other lookie-loos, it's ME I'm worried about killing I had to have a "family meeting" with the wife and daughter recently and lay down some NAV rules - it's NOT a toy - HANDS OFF during driving! Last night while stopped at a red light my wife was fumbling with the NAV and the light had turned green for nearly 5 seconds - other cars were whizzing by - there's so many new features on this REX that make it a special car, but for newbies it can be a REAL distraction.

BE SAFE
Old 05-29-03, 03:05 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

wow so you went all the way to Canada to get your Rx33 instead?

Sweet... i wonder if chad can cut me a PHAT deal on a GX470... now THATS a ride i'd like to upgrade to =)
Old 05-29-03, 03:54 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation

that's Ontario, California (not Canada!!)

about 35 miles east of downtown Los Angeles
Old 05-29-03, 04:26 PM
RX300-BV
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Congrats on your new ride Jedi.

There's a lot of people with positive experience with Crown Lexus. We weren't able to buy our ride from them since they didn't have our color and at that point, there were no dealer trades being allowed.
Old 05-30-03, 08:58 PM
flint330
Rookie

Smile Congratulations!

Glad to hear that you finally got your 330 Jedi and that all went well. I am on vacation in Hawaii and while I am having a great time, I miss driving my 330. Oh well, at least I'm saving some mileage while I'm gone. I do visit the website everyday though, so I don't miss anything. I'm still thinking about the chrome wheels even though my husband thinks it is a stupid idea. He likes the ones that came with the car. Happy driving Jedi.