So I just saw a message in my private messages that Draco had sent me a while ago. Sorry I didn't get back to him sooner. He wanted more details on the window up mod that I had done. I am going to put some detailed instructions here but I am not going to post pictures because I don't want to take my door apart (the one pic below is from Google). Maybe when he is done with the mod he can post some pics. ;-)
Just FYI...The wire colors and numbers I mention are for a 2006 RX400h. I have no clue if the colors or numbers have changed year to year.
You will need to buy a PAC TR7 control module. You can buy these at Car Toys for about $30.00 or off Ebay or Amazon for about $15.00.
You will need to remove your door panel on the driver side to do this mod.
The wires on the TR7 are short, so buy a little extra wire...You will only need a couple extra feet.
Place the TR7 close the window switch for easy access.
You will be working with the harness that connects to the master window switch and the harness that connects to the door lock actuator. (pictured below)
The top red circle is where the harness plugs into. The bottom red circle is the harness. (Sorry for the bad pic- this was the best I could find on google)
1. Connect the GREEN wire of the TR7 to the RED wire (pin 4) of the DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR harness.
2. Connect the ORANGE wire of the TR7 to the BROWN wire (pin 4) of the MASTER WINDOW SWITCH harness.
3.Connect the RED wire of the TR7 to the BLUE/BLACK wire (pin 9) of the MASTER WINDOW SWITCH harness.
4.Connect the BLACK wire of the TR7 to the WHITE/BLACK wire (pin 2) of the MASTER WINDOW SWITCH.
If you mess up at any point in the programming, unplug the TR7 and start over.
1. Plug in the harness for the DOOR LOCK ACTUATOR and MASTER WINDOW SWITCH.
2. Switch the TR7 to programming mode by moving the switch to the ON position.
3. Plug the TR7 wiring harness into the TR7 module.
4. Press the lock button on the MASTER WINDOW SWITCH 10 times. The TR7 will blink every time you press lock. After a moment the TR7 will blink 10 more times to confirm.
5. After the TR7 has blinked 10 times to confirm, press the lock button on the MASTER WINDOW SWITCH 1 time. After a moment the TR7 will blink once to confirm.
6. After the TR7 has blinked once to confirm, press the lock button on the MASTER WINDOW SWITCH 3 times. After a moment the TR7 will blink 3 times to confirm.
7. After the TR7 has blinked 3 times to confirm, press the lock button on the MASTER WINDOW SWITCH 1 time. The TR7 will FLASH RAPIDLY 1 time. DO NOTHING and wait for the TR7 to flash rapidly 2 times.
8. After the TR7 has flashed rapidly 2 times, press the lock button on the MASTER WINDOW SWITCH 1 time. The TR7 will blink once to confirm.
9. After a moment the TR7 will flash rapidly 3 times, press the lock button on the MASTER WINDOW SWITCH 5 times. The TR7 will blink 5 times to confirm.
10. The TR7 will then flash rapidly 4 times immediately followed by 3 seconds of flashing. DO NOT unplug the TR7. While the TR7 is still plugged in, slide the programming switch to the OFF position. Once the programming switch has be set to the OFF position, you may unplug the TR7 as needed.
1. Roll the windows down and shut the door.
2. Press lock on the remote control TWO TIMES within 3 seconds.
3. After a slight delay all the windows should roll up automatically.
This ad is not displayed to registered members. Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Yay! Hopefully you can write up your own take on how the mod goes. Your write ups are much better than mine. And maybe take a few pictures to add to the thread. I would take some but I get nervous taking the door panels off too often. I don't want them to start rattling. Plus my doors all have Dynamat in them which makes wiring and stuff difficult to see in pictures.