RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

rx 300 yr 2000

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-15, 03:49 PM
aaa000
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rx 300 yr 2000

I had 2 keys when i bought my car but i accidently broke one.. so i use the double key and i carried the part with lock/unlock buttons in my wallet and my wallet was stolen and so im not sure who took it and where he is at.. so wat i wanna do is disable the security make it so that remote will be useless
Old 02-06-15, 06:48 PM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,101 Likes on 991 Posts

Let me paraphrase your question.

Some one has your address (from the contents of the wallet)
That person has the remote (without the key) programmed to your vehicle.
The remote has the slug that has been registered as master. (information not provided in your post)

You want the ecu to unregister the slug (master)
You want only the remotes in your possession to operate the remote functions.

If my understanding is correct, I would urge you to visit Lexus dealership and take all the keys that are in your possession to them. Talk to your home owner/renter's insurance as well as your auto insurance to cover for the fees charged by Lexus dealership.

I love CL, but any advice you will get here (or over the net) can not be relied upon in this regard.

Salim
Old 02-06-15, 10:30 PM
aaa000
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by salimshah
Let me paraphrase your question.

Some one has your address (from the contents of the wallet)
That person has the remote (without the key) programmed to your vehicle.
The remote has the slug that has been registered as master. (information not provided in your post)

You want the ecu to unregister the slug (master)
You want only the remotes in your possession to operate the remote functions.

If my understanding is correct, I would urge you to visit Lexus dealership and take all the keys that are in your possession to them. Talk to your home owner/renter's insurance as well as your auto insurance to cover for the fees charged by Lexus dealership.

I love CL, but any advice you will get here (or over the net) can not be relied upon in this regard.

Salim
i dont want to change my remote.. i wanna disable the feature of the car.. i never even used it.. cuz my door locks are damaged.. and so half of the car doesnt close from the button.. so i never used it.. but it still opens.. so i wanna disable the key feature...
Old 02-07-15, 12:38 AM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by aaa000
i dont want to change my remote.. i wanna disable the feature of the car.. i never even used it.. cuz my door locks are damaged.. and so half of the car doesnt close from the button.. so i never used it.. but it still opens.. so i wanna disable the key feature...
Let me make another attempt.

I think I understand your question ,,, you are not interested in getting new remote(s)/key(s).
You want to disable recognition of the lost remote.With the lost remote, some one can enter your RX. If the slug is there in the lost remote some one can potentially drive off your RX , you should also try to unregister it. [without the key it is inconvenient fr the thief, but very possible].

How or even if it is possible is best known to dealer. The onus is on you to protect your property and theft/loss should be part of insurance.

If I did not get it, then please post again ... or wait for some one to reply.

Salim
Old 02-07-15, 12:15 PM
maxSteel
Instructor

Received 266 Likes on 221 Posts

I can't respond to this question, but I would like to comment on the subject.
It would really be good if people used subjects that described the point of the post.
Old 02-08-15, 07:19 PM
aaa000
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by salimshah
Let me make another attempt.

I think I understand your question ,,, you are not interested in getting new remote(s)/key(s).
You want to disable recognition of the lost remote.With the lost remote, some one can enter your RX. If the slug is there in the lost remote some one can potentially drive off your RX , you should also try to unregister it. [without the key it is inconvenient fr the thief, but very possible].

How or even if it is possible is best known to dealer. The onus is on you to protect your property and theft/loss should be part of insurance.

If I did not get it, then please post again ... or wait for some one to reply.

Salim
I dont want a new key.. i wanna make remote useless... make it so that car wont respons to it
Old 02-08-15, 10:03 PM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by aaa000
I dont want a new key.. i wanna make remote useless... make it so that car wont respons to it
So we are in agreement. IMHO you need to visit the dealer to find the solution to your problem. [to ignore signals from a remote that you do not possess] Net is very unlikely place to find the answer to your question. If you wanted a recently acquired remote [that you possess] to be recognized then you would get good leads here. Dealer may have a solution to wipe all existing information and reprogram with the keys/remote you possess, so take all keys to the dealer.

Hey this thread can be useful to recently separated couples too.

Salim

Last edited by salimshah; 02-08-15 at 10:09 PM.