RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Question from a new owner

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-14, 06:15 PM
nmg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question from a new owner

This past Sunday I purchased a 1999 Lexus RX 300. I plan on having my mechanic take a look at it later in the week (there's a warranty) but I'm wondering if anyone has come across this strange occurrence (I used to have a Toyota Solara and thought the that forum was pretty helpful).

On the way home the washer fluid indicator started blinking sporadically, very sporadically. No fluid was coming out when I tried it so I figured that the 75 point inspection the dealer (not a Lexus dealer) spoke of didn't involve fluid check. Got home, popped the hood, went to where the washer was supposed to be located and it is not there. Hand to God, there is no washer fluid compartment in this engine. Instead, there is a metal block, that after a Google search of the label information is a Toyota Actuator Assembly. Does anyone know what this is or why it would be where the windshield washer compartment would be?? Based on some of the hits of the serial number I think it might be brake related.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-14, 06:32 PM
aznlapin
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The actual tank is behind the bumper, so it's pretty far down. You're probably missing the fill tube that sits on top of the tank and surfaces in front of the metal block you see.

Old 09-09-14, 06:47 PM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

The "metal block" is the ABS proportioning module. And as the picture indicates the washer fluid filler is located in front of it. As mentioned, it's possible you are missing that tube.
Old 09-10-14, 08:27 AM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 100 Likes on 85 Posts

Yea wonder if vehicle was in accident and they didn't replace the reservoir.
Old 09-10-14, 08:48 AM
Wodieman
Driver School Candidate

I've had my AC running and it has randomly just shut off twice. If I push the auto button it'll come right back on however I want to know what needs to be done to fix this issue??
Old 09-10-14, 10:33 AM
salimshah
Forum Moderator

Received 1,103 Likes on 992 Posts

Originally Posted by Wodieman
I've had my AC running and it has randomly just shut off twice. If I push the auto button it'll come right back on however I want to know what needs to be done to fix this issue??
Welcome to ClubLexus (although it is your 6 post).

I understand you are experiencing a problem which is well understood by you.

Please put yourself in the reader's shoes and think how they can understand your problem.

The thread is about windshield washer problem.

Does your engine shutoff?

Does the AC shutoff?

Does the auto-mode shut off?

Does the recirc shutoff?

Please be explicit. I would encourage you to search [most likely you did and decided to add to a thread instead of starting a new one .. .thank you for that]

Other suggestion would be read the Owner's manual. There is loads of information there.

Salim
Old 09-10-14, 10:49 AM
nmg
Driver School Candidate

So my mechanic did say that the reservoir is missing. There is some very minor front end damage, so out did cross my mind, but I didn't think it seemed extensive enough to remove the part. Weird! Thank you to all.