Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - First Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

RX300 Headlight Bulb replacement

Old 10-29-13, 06:19 AM   #1
Nickv
Rookie
Trader Score: (0)

Post RX300 Headlight Bulb replacement

I have a 2000 RX300 that has very dim headlights. I have polished the lens of both front and rear lights, actually to clean that up. One of the headlights is only two years old, due to a fender-bender and that one is a bit brighter.

But I believe that the lights are considerably dimmer than they used to be. I am confused as to what kind of simple fix can improve my lights. Is there a standard bulb? Are my original lights these halogen lights? I am hoping, of course, for directions to a specific bulb that is a simple replacement.

If I can't have simple, then please point in the direction of ..... not so simple.
Thanks for the help, in advance

I looked at a previous headlight thread and that confused me.

Nick
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Old 10-29-13, 01:56 PM   #2
AKBimmer
Driver School Candidate

Have you tried actually changing the bulbs with new ones? if only one was replaced after the accident that would explain a difference in brightness. Over time bulbs naturally dim, so if they are several years old they will not be as bright as new ones. When one bulb burns out in my wife's car I replace both. There is a definate difference in brightness bewtween an old bulb and a new one. I also get the xrtabright siverstars, they only last about a year but are alot brighter than a standard bulb.

The RX300 I just bought came with retrofitted 55w HIDs, These are super bright, but I have a feeling they blind oncoming people since they aren't in a proper HID headlight housing. I'm not sure if I should keep them or not at this point.

So a retrofit HID kit is an option as well I guess.
AKBimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 04:43 PM   #3
2KHarrier
Pole Position

I posted on the other headlight thread about the Sylvania Silverstars. I love em!
2KHarrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-13, 04:43 PM