RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

Lexus Start + Engine starter

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-16, 12:22 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Lexus Start + Engine starter

So we United States Folk have the Lexus+ Enform App.

I hate it.

Takes FOREVER to press the three unlock hold to start the engine.

The APP takes forever because it has to communicate with the satellite back to the car...

Then, I saw this on the lexus canada website:

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/parts-s...ed-accessories

It's called Lexus Start+

It's what I wanted since the beginning. Just a remote, that can turn on the vehicle easily! The american cars have it made. Just press the button twice and BOOM the engine starts immediately.

Any way us Americans can get our hands on this system? Or is it only available and installed in Canada?

Old 07-13-16, 02:58 PM
behnammavi
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I believe you can have that option here in USA also. I have it on mine.
Old 07-13-16, 03:37 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by behnammavi
I believe you can have that option here in USA also. I have it on mine.
Really? are you sure you aren't mistaken with the US version of the lexus enform app?

It seems like the Canadians get a separate remote JUST for the remote start
Old 07-13-16, 04:32 PM
behnammavi
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

My bad. Just watched the video . Look like that's different than what we have in us.
But why you want to carry separate remote for that? Is not easier to use same remote? It's just like 5 second delay.
Old 07-13-16, 05:27 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by behnammavi
My bad. Just watched the video . Look like that's different than what we have in us.
But why you want to carry separate remote for that? Is not easier to use same remote? It's just like 5 second delay.
Really? Am I doing things wrong?

First off, the range on the RX doesn't seem that good to me. I have the remote in the leather cover but removing it, the range is the same. It's even pointed at the trunk and near my face.

Then, you press lock, lock, lock hold for 30 sec. then it comes on.

By that time, I'm already at my car. With the remote, it's a far range, and it's a simple 2 press to start the car just like the american cars here have it like Ford.
Old 07-13-16, 08:09 PM
VinceCL
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Another thing to consider is whether the Lexus Start+ requires Enform to work. If it doesn't, then that could be interesting. This paired with a smart card would be perfect.
Old 07-13-16, 09:51 PM
frubalup
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The remote starter for the 4RX isn't available yet. My dealer has said it should be available July/August but I haven't been notified of it yet. However, the remote would essentially have all the same features as the stock remote with the addition of the remote start as well as increased range so you wouldn't have to carry two fobs as it would replace the stock fob.

Edit: After receiving my Lexus Start+ it seems that the dealer gave me false information. The remote can be ONLY used for remote starting it and does not have any additional buttons such as lock/unlock. I'm pretty displeased with this as I would have tried to get an aftermarket Viper starter if possible. IMO the Lexus Start+ is quite lousy compared to some aftermarket ones I've had before.

Last edited by frubalup; 01-03-17 at 01:42 PM. Reason: False information
Old 07-14-16, 01:53 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

For the number of times I would want to start my car remotely, the app works just fine.
Old 07-15-16, 05:08 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

The remote start on our Lexus has its quirks. If you want to start it at a far range you need to press the buttons a bit longer on each press but not too long either, on the third press hold it down like forever and while pressing the buttons make sure you have the remote up to your chin about a few millimeters away from your chin this will increase its range.

Also the front of the car picks up the remote signal much better than the rear. Park your car so when you approach it from you office or house its facing you. If a big SUV or Truck is between you and your Lexus then you will lose a good bit of reception.

If this doesnt work for you then just use the enform app to start the car. The point of the app is so you can start the car 15 minutes before the end of your shift and by the time your finished with your shift the car would be nice and cool in the summer by the time you enter it. Its all about timing.
Old 01-03-17, 01:16 PM
narimanman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus Start+ remote starter

Hello All ,

I am wondering if any one here has the lexus OEM remote starter called Start+...I am wondering how many long range remotes are provided?
I know the short range one are programmed on the original car remotes (fobs), but I am wondering how many long rage remote supposed to be provided?

Thanks.
Old 01-03-17, 01:22 PM
narimanman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone here know how many long range remotes (fobs) come with the start+ (Canadian version?). The short distance remote starter is programmed on both original car fobs. But only one long range fob is provided to me?
Old 01-03-17, 01:43 PM
frubalup
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by narimanman
Does anyone here know how many long range remotes (fobs) come with the start+ (Canadian version?). The short distance remote starter is programmed on both original car fobs. But only one long range fob is provided to me?
It only comes with one, the additional one I believe was $100-150 I can't remember the exact price. There was a promo for awhile that came with a free second remote but I think it's over now.
The following users liked this post:
narimanman (01-03-17)
Old 01-03-17, 01:56 PM
frubalup
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
So we United States Folk have the Lexus+ Enform App.

I hate it.

Takes FOREVER to press the three unlock hold to start the engine.

The APP takes forever because it has to communicate with the satellite back to the car...

Then, I saw this on the lexus canada website:

http://www.lexus.ca/lexus/en/parts-s...ed-accessories

It's called Lexus Start+

It's what I wanted since the beginning. Just a remote, that can turn on the vehicle easily! The american cars have it made. Just press the button twice and BOOM the engine starts immediately.

Any way us Americans can get our hands on this system? Or is it only available and installed in Canada?

Lexus Accessories Start+ ENG HD 1 - YouTube
I'm actually really disappointed with the Lexus Start+ system. It doesn't work fast at all and the range is much better than the stock fob but I've had better experiences with the Viper aftermarket remote starters. I'm not sure if it would make a difference here since some of the problems could be on the Lexus side of things but with the Start+ the vehicle flashes its lights 10 times before it starts and it takes forever. It doesn't come with any additional buttons for locking/unlocking or opening the trunk etc. either. It's a feature I enjoyed with my previous vehicle since I'm not always sure I've locked the doors and being able to do it with two-way communication gives me peace of mind. The Enform system seems much better to me especially since the navi seems like it works better with it. Right now I don't use the navi at all since the POI system is terrible on the Canadian models.