IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Remote start for IS?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-06, 04:39 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Remote start for IS?

As we've seen, many things that work on a toyota also work on a lexus. That being said, I found this. Can anybody find out if this might work on a IS, 2nd Gen?

TOYOTA REMOTE ENGINE STARTER
INTRODUCTION

The Remote Engine Starter allows you to start your engine from outside the vehicle. It
utilizes your vehicle’s keyless entry remote, so there is no need to carry around an extra
remote. The Remote Engine Starter is operated the same way for vehicles equipped with or
without the Smart Entry/Push Start system; simply push the remote’s LOCK button in a
quick, two-step sequence.
In addition, the Remote Engine Starter can activate the heater or
air conditioner, providing you with a comfortable cabin upon entry. As an added
convenience, the Remote Engine Starter can also activate the defroster (when preset) to
clear up the windshield during cold weather.

To ensure your safety, and the safety of anyone near the vehicle, the Remote Engine Starter
is designed to shut the engine off when it detects any attempt to enter or move the vehicle
after a remote engine start. Please consult your Toyota dealer for more details.

NOTE: To utilize the Remote Engine Starter, your vehicle must have an automatic
transmission; it cannot be used for manual transmission models. The transmission range for
remote start may be shorter than the remote’s basic keyless entry operation. Range can also
be affected by the surrounding environment. Laws in some communities require that the
vehicle be within view of anyone using the Remote Engine Starter. In some states, use of the
Remote Engine Starter may violate state or local laws. Before using the Remote Engine
Starter, check your state and local laws.
Old 03-07-06, 05:11 PM
is350
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

which toyota have the remote start?
Old 03-07-06, 05:31 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Originally Posted by is350
which toyota have the remote start?
I think:

Toyota Avalon
Toyota Camry
Toyota Camry-Solara
Old 03-07-06, 05:39 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait, the Avalon & Camry have remote engine start?

I know for sure that in Japan, the IS has the remote engine start. Carson Toyota currently have the unit and is attempting to install it into a 3rd gen GS, hoping it'll work for the US market vehicles.

Here is the thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=202758
Old 03-07-06, 05:42 PM
dkaplan435
Instructor

Originally Posted by pocky
I don't really know, I saw that blurb somewhere, and it mentioned those cars, among others...
Old 03-07-06, 07:05 PM
casey225
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
I'm not sure why you're surprised by the Avalon. This is basically an ES330 with a Toyota hood ornament instead of Lexus. Obviously, doesn't quite have all the bells and whistles, but mechanically the same. A loaded Avalon is about $40K MSRP. Matter of fact, I just sold my 2001, and I really wasn't eager to get rid of it, but, that's why I'm getting the IS 350 now .
Old 03-07-06, 08:54 PM
Soda
Pole Position

Yes, the 2007 CAMRY, 05 & up Avalon and 06 Rav 4 all have optional auto start. We just got our brocures in today..though I didn't get a part number..Our cost on the one for the Avalon is bout 350 plus installation. Dunno if they are all the same at this point.
Old 03-07-06, 11:20 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by casey225
I'm not sure why you're surprised by the Avalon. This is basically an ES330 with a Toyota hood ornament instead of Lexus. Obviously, doesn't quite have all the bells and whistles, but mechanically the same. A loaded Avalon is about $40K MSRP. Matter of fact, I just sold my 2001, and I really wasn't eager to get rid of it, but, that's why I'm getting the IS 350 now .

this is totally incorrect. the avalon is based on a stretched camry chassis. it is not nearly 40k loaded either. and you can get just about everything that an ES has except mark levinson stereo.
Old 03-07-06, 11:21 PM
Kamikaze2b
Lead Lap

Another option that should have been made available from the first day the IS was available. Pretty sad when many of the domestics at half the price either come with remote start standard or make it available as an option, just like the satellite radio!
Old 03-07-06, 11:46 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Kamikaze2b
Another option that should have been made available from the first day the IS was available. Pretty sad when many of the domestics at half the price either come with remote start standard or make it available as an option, just like the satellite radio!
+1 on that one. Agreed totally.
Old 03-08-06, 07:42 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

you can get an aftermarket alarm which will give you a remote start if you really wanted it that bad
Old 03-08-06, 09:16 AM
lexnan
Driver School Candidate

Ths standard package should have came w/ LED Tail lights, HID, Remote Start, and Memory Seats. DAMN.
----------------------------------
IS350 soon
Old 03-08-06, 09:42 AM
pocky
mooncake master

I never bothered looking at the specs of the new 2007 Camry nor Avalon.

My earlier post just basically referenced that I didn't expect Toyota to actually make available remote engine start for the U.S. Market.

I wouldn't be surprised some 2007 Lexus' get remote engine start.

Last edited by pocky; 03-08-06 at 10:48 AM.
Old 03-08-06, 10:09 AM
DirtySouth
Rookie

Originally Posted by casey225
I hope you're kidding...
Old 03-08-06, 12:56 PM
TheRupp
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dfw350
you can get an aftermarket alarm which will give you a remote start if you really wanted it that bad
The key fob is big enough as it is. I don't want another remote in there. Especially those 2 way pager ones... those are so clunky

Quick Reply: Remote start for IS?