RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Help with Door Panel Removal/Radio information

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-16, 07:35 AM
bgrish03
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Door Panel Removal/Radio information

So im installing an after market stereo system into my 2015 Rx 350. I need to know how to remove all 4 door panels as well as the dash panel to get behind the radio. Does anyone have detailed intructions on how to do this?

I also need a wiring diagram for the radio as well.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-24-16, 07:55 AM
bgrish03
Driver School Candidate

Default Wiring Diagram

Looking for a detailed Wireing diagram for the factory radio. If anyone has one of knows where to get one please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-24-16, 07:57 AM
Clutchless
Forum Moderator

Received 1,195 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Do you have Navigation? Replacing the speakers is one thing, but the sound system head unit is so integrated into everything else, especially with Nav, I do not see how it can be done. What are your plans.
You can add a bigger amp or subwoofer, as others have done. Do a few searches and you will find information in this forum. You can get wiring diagrams from the Toyota TIS system by subscribing for $15 for a day. Someone else recently posted a link in another thread.

Also search for the sound deadening thread and I think someone covers door panel removal. It is pretty standard and similar to most vehicles I have taken apart over the years to install sound systems. Find the screws near the arm rest and hidden behind the door latch. Pull out from the bottom to pop it out of the plastic clips, then lift it up off the ledge at the top. Watch for the wires connected to the lights and power windows etc. However, if this is unfamiliar to you, search around Youtube for some Toyota or Lexus stereo install videos as all the doors are very similar.
Old 02-24-16, 08:01 AM
bgrish03
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Do you have Navigation? Replacing the speakers is one thing, but the sound system head unit is so integrated into everything else, especially with Nav, I do not see how it can be done. What are your plans.
You can add a bigger amp or subwoofer, as others have done. Do a few searches and you will find information in this forum. You can get wiring diagrams from the Toyota TIS system by subscribing for $15 for a day. Someone else recently posted a link in another thread.

Also search for the sound deadening thread and I think someone covers door panel removal. It is pretty standard and similar to most vehicles I have taken apart over the years to install sound systems. Find the screws near the arm rest and hidden behind the door latch. Pull out from the bottom to pop it out of the plastic clips, then lift it up off the ledge at the top. Watch for the wires connected to the lights and power windows etc. However, if this is unfamiliar to you, search around Youtube for some Toyota or Lexus stereo install videos as all the doors are very similar.
Thanks for the info. very helpful.

I do have the nav system and do not plan on changing that. I have a new 3 way system in the front and a 2 way in the back, also installing an audio control system since i cant replace the head unit, which is why i need to remove the front dash and wiring info.

again, thanks for the info
Old 02-24-16, 08:24 AM
Clutchless
Forum Moderator

I think the amp is either under the driver seat or in the back on the left side near the subwoofer. I recall from a thread in another Lexus model forum that the way Lexus crosses the frequencies may be different from what you expect. This thread from the HS250h forum shows how he replaced the speakers, it also shows door panel removal and discusses the crossover issue. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hs-...tallation.html

It also appears there is a general Sound Forum that you need to visit and search. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...lectronics-12/

I am sure that will answer more of your questions. I want to know what kind of speakers you are installing and see some photos of the install. You should install some sound deadening on the inside door panels behind the speakers, then add some closed cell foam on top of that, such as the stuff from http://www.raamaudio.com/categories/...Foam-Products/

Last edited by Clutchless; 02-24-16 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-24-16, 08:34 AM
Kasibona
Driver School Candidate

I am also looking for wiring factory advanced intuitive parking assist ecu for side view camera RX350 2010. If anyone knows, please share it.
Old 02-24-16, 08:40 AM
Clutchless
Forum Moderator

Join for a day and download to PDF all the wiring diagrams you can find. I doubt you will get any wiring diagram information directly from members of this forum because I doubt any of us has it.
https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo...oyota.com%252F
Old 02-24-16, 10:10 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!
Forum Moderator

Received 172 Likes on 146 Posts

Yeah, MEP7557 took apart the interior of his RX to add sound deadening material. Here is the thread. The door panels are held on by clips IIRC. For the radio, try looking at this installation thread from one of the CL vendors. Try not to mess with the dash to much. Yo might wind up with squeaks and noises after reinstalling. Clutchless already gave you information on how to access information on the radio. I'm going to combine the two threads.
Old 02-24-16, 11:03 AM
bgrish03
Driver School Candidate

I am installing a new 3 way Hertz 163 speakers in the front and a 2 way Hertz 165xl in the back. Also putting 2 Sundown SA-12s in the back. Will require me to install the Audio Control LC6i becuase I am not removing the head unit. Thanks for the links I will do some more resreach in them and try to post pics of before, during and after install.
Old 02-24-16, 11:05 AM
bgrish03
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the Help. I will keep everyone updated along the process incase anyone else has questions
Old 02-24-16, 11:58 AM
Clutchless
Forum Moderator

Those are great speakers! I bought a used but not installed set to put into my 2008 MINI Cooper S, but determined they were not compatible with the factory system as it had very strange crossover points and equalization, so sold them. I broke even.
Old 02-24-16, 12:34 PM
bgrish03
Driver School Candidate

Well i really hope thats not the case with the RX lol