RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

2015 RX 350 Best Prices So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-15, 07:16 PM
ssonechko
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If you are looking for the car in Chicagoland area...

Hi guys,
I would highly recommend Highland Park Lexus if you are looking for the really honest, cooperative, respectful, and relaxing car buying experience.
They paid very well for the existing car, were flexible with the new car price, met all my colors/features requirements, and even updated tires from the original to Michelins.

Nobody else in Chicago area were able to match this deal.

Please ask for Steve (internet manager) or Jim (sales).

Also, thank you very much to all of you for the information shared in this forum, it helps a lot!
Old 09-06-15, 11:59 AM
ephone
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the OTD price?

Would you please share the OTD price you have paid?

I understand that the tax rate is different as well as the options included is different. However, if you can include the tax rate in your state, plus the MSRP for your car with all options included. It will greatly help us to backtrack to a comparable amount even though people bought from different states.

Even for those who have traded in car, if you can share the trade-in value for your car, it can also help us backtrack to reach the comparable amount.

Thanks a lot.
Old 09-06-15, 01:52 PM
ephone
Driver School Candidate

The tax rate in Texas is 6.25%. For the same car, does that mean we can get it OTD about 47300 for MSRP $50403.

The OTD price is roughly $3000 below MSRP.

Is that a good ballpark for negotiation in Dallas, TX?

Originally Posted by QuickOne
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum from So Cal and have been gaining a lot of information on this site. I am currently shopping for an 2015 RX350 with the following options:

Cross Bars
Sport Appearance Package
Comfort Package
DVD Premium Audio for Navigation
Navigation Package
Intuitive Parking Assist
Premium Package w/Blind Spot Monitor System
Wood & Leather-trimmed Steering Wheel and Shift ****
Preferred Accessory Package

Latest offer
MSRP: $50,403.00
OTD: $48,551.43 (9% tax and license included)

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance!
Old 09-06-15, 01:58 PM
ephone
Driver School Candidate

Is that price you listed OTD price? In addition, what is your tax rate? Thanks.

Originally Posted by Brownbear
I just bought a 2015 RX 350 AWD w/ comfort, nav, and premium packages. MSRP $51,297 I got it for $46,750 w/ remote start thrown in. A wise one told me to only purchase a car on the very last day of the month. I was going to wait for the 2016 but this will more than suffice as I would have to order and pay MSRP on the 2016. Loving the car. I plan on putting on a clear bra after I order it on ebay. That is going to be a PITA.
Old 09-07-15, 02:29 AM
Richie7
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

As I have posted within the last week...one of my 10 dealers (Chicagoland, Indy, St. Louis & Central IL) 1st offer was 10% off MSRP. I was able to get close to another 2% off with cheaper price and body side moldings thrown In. I think I could have gotten them to also throw in mudguards but paid for them myself. My MSRP was $51,389 I think.
Shop around if you can and let them know you are doing that.
Good luck. We love our new 2015!
Old 09-07-15, 02:40 AM
Richie7
Rookie

Default No Labor Day Rebates I am Aware Of

Originally Posted by Mellowyell
Anyone aware of any rebates happening around Labour day weekend? Looking for RX350 in Texas.
I am a little late for your good since today is Labor Day but I just purchased a 2015 a week ago and I am not aware of anything on an RX.
Old 09-08-15, 01:11 PM
ssonechko
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VIN decoder with the original base price:MSRP, Invoice, Destination

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/vindecoder.php
Old 09-18-15, 05:19 AM
sleeper83
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ssonechko
Hi guys,
I would highly recommend Highland Park Lexus if you are looking for the really honest, cooperative, respectful, and relaxing car buying experience.
They paid very well for the existing car, were flexible with the new car price, met all my colors/features requirements, and even updated tires from the original to Michelins.

Nobody else in Chicago area were able to match this deal.

Please ask for Steve (internet manager) or Jim (sales).

Also, thank you very much to all of you for the information shared in this forum, it helps a lot!
what price were you able to get? I am in the same area and looking for a good deal on one. Thanks!
Old 09-18-15, 05:20 AM
sleeper83
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Richie7
As I have posted within the last week...one of my 10 dealers (Chicagoland, Indy, St. Louis & Central IL) 1st offer was 10% off MSRP. I was able to get close to another 2% off with cheaper price and body side moldings thrown In. I think I could have gotten them to also throw in mudguards but paid for them myself. My MSRP was $51,389 I think.
Shop around if you can and let them know you are doing that.
Good luck. We love our new 2015!
which dealerships were you working with?
Old 09-18-15, 12:27 PM
ephone
Driver School Candidate

Default 2015 RX350 price quote

The recent quote I get for 2015 RX350 is the following:

MSRP: 50143.
Texas tax rate: 6.25%
OTD price: about 47000 if financing with Lexus at 2.9%

Is it a good price?
Old 09-19-15, 03:48 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ephone
The recent quote I get for 2015 RX350 is the following:

MSRP: 50143.
Texas tax rate: 6.25%
OTD price: about 47000 if financing with Lexus at 2.9%

Is it a good price?
Sounds about right except for interest rate. Lexus Financial is offering 1.9% for 60 months in most states.
Old 09-21-15, 03:13 AM
Richie7
Rookie

Default IL Dealerships I Used

Originally Posted by sleeper83
which dealerships were you working with?
Chicago area:
Brandemann Lexus/Glenview/Angie Stefaneas
Arlington Lexus/Palatine/Jennie Caldwell
McGrath Lexus of Chicago/Rick Farbo
McGrath Lexus of Westmont/Brittnee Litwin
Woodfield Lexus/Marco Zapata
Lexus of Naperville/Andrew Farrher
Highland Park/Steve Gustafson
Woodfield Lexus/Mary Rocha

Other:
Plaza Lexus/St. Louis/Trey Wilson
Peoria Lexus/ Noelle Pissano

My initial offer for a MSRP $51,400 range was $43,900 which should be around 15% off. Probably my best two offers from Chicagoland was approx. 8% off from Woodfield Lexus and an offer of $46,445 from Highland Park (Steve Gustafson). Probably would have worked more with Highland Park but Peoria Lexus shot me a 2nd price of $45,978 (+6.25 tax, fees, etc.) but included side moldings thrown in for free It also included mud guards I had to pay for. The Peoria RX was just a couple of hundred dollars less on the MSRP. Big difference for me was Peoria was less and much closer (Peoria). I will say that Peoria shot me an initial offer of 10% off of the MSRP of $51,369 or close to it. THAT got my attention pretty fast!! Then they came back with one more offer about $800 less. I told them if they threw in the side moldings I would get it. I feel I could have done a little better now that it is over. Peoria was great to work with. The gm even thanked me before I walked out the door. I did feel that they sincerely appreciated my business. I was told by someone else that their relative from out of state bought theirs at Peoria because of their prices.
Also...for the 1st time in my life (I am 63) I purchased the ext. warranty for 10 years. I had to think about it first and called them back. I did it because of all of the electronics in this RX we purchased. We had never had so many electronics in a vehicle. We still have our last 3 new vehicles in our family and put about 300k on them. My oldest former new car is a 1999 Toyota Avalon. As you can see, we keep our cars for along time. I also felt I did not want to leave my wife with big ticket expense items in the event I was no longer around in 5-10 years. . I was able to purchase the ext. warranty for 10 years/100,000 miles for about $2300. The finance mgr. told me that was a great deal. We will see in 10 years if it was worth it
Also, I was told from my car cleaning supply company that their "lifetiime" Simoniz Coat they try to sell is a very good product and difficult to apply. He told me as long as I seal the paint with the sealant (Wolfgang) twice a year I will be fine. I normally seal it once a year. So the Simoniz must be a good product. Peoria Lexus told me the paint anymore is so soft anymore and the Simoniz protects it. Maybe true or not...I am just passing this onto forum readers.
This forum was VERY helpful to me. A BEG thanks goes out to all of you!!
Old 09-21-15, 07:28 PM
sleeper83
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Richie7
Chicago area:
Brandemann Lexus/Glenview/Angie Stefaneas
Arlington Lexus/Palatine/Jennie Caldwell
McGrath Lexus of Chicago/Rick Farbo
McGrath Lexus of Westmont/Brittnee Litwin
Woodfield Lexus/Marco Zapata
Lexus of Naperville/Andrew Farrher
Highland Park/Steve Gustafson
Woodfield Lexus/Mary Rocha

Other:
Plaza Lexus/St. Louis/Trey Wilson
Peoria Lexus/ Noelle Pissano

My initial offer for a MSRP $51,400 range was $43,900 which should be around 15% off. Probably my best two offers from Chicagoland was approx. 8% off from Woodfield Lexus and an offer of $46,445 from Highland Park (Steve Gustafson). Probably would have worked more with Highland Park but Peoria Lexus shot me a 2nd price of $45,978 (+6.25 tax, fees, etc.) but included side moldings thrown in for free It also included mud guards I had to pay for. The Peoria RX was just a couple of hundred dollars less on the MSRP. Big difference for me was Peoria was less and much closer (Peoria). I will say that Peoria shot me an initial offer of 10% off of the MSRP of $51,369 or close to it. THAT got my attention pretty fast!! Then they came back with one more offer about $800 less. I told them if they threw in the side moldings I would get it. I feel I could have done a little better now that it is over. Peoria was great to work with. The gm even thanked me before I walked out the door. I did feel that they sincerely appreciated my business. I was told by someone else that their relative from out of state bought theirs at Peoria because of their prices.
Also...for the 1st time in my life (I am 63) I purchased the ext. warranty for 10 years. I had to think about it first and called them back. I did it because of all of the electronics in this RX we purchased. We had never had so many electronics in a vehicle. We still have our last 3 new vehicles in our family and put about 300k on them. My oldest former new car is a 1999 Toyota Avalon. As you can see, we keep our cars for along time. I also felt I did not want to leave my wife with big ticket expense items in the event I was no longer around in 5-10 years. . I was able to purchase the ext. warranty for 10 years/100,000 miles for about $2300. The finance mgr. told me that was a great deal. We will see in 10 years if it was worth it
Also, I was told from my car cleaning supply company that their "lifetiime" Simoniz Coat they try to sell is a very good product and difficult to apply. He told me as long as I seal the paint with the sealant (Wolfgang) twice a year I will be fine. I normally seal it once a year. So the Simoniz must be a good product. Peoria Lexus told me the paint anymore is so soft anymore and the Simoniz protects it. Maybe true or not...I am just passing this onto forum readers.
This forum was VERY helpful to me. A BEG thanks goes out to all of you!!
Richie7,
would you mind telling me who you worked with at Peoria? I'm in the suburbs of Chicago and the lowest offer I've received is $46900 before TTL on MSRP $51625. If Peoria can do better, I'd be willing to rent a car and drive it down there. Highland Park and Woodfield both came back at $47500 before TTL.

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-22-15, 11:59 AM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sleeper83
Richie7,
would you mind telling me who you worked with at Peoria? I'm in the suburbs of Chicago and the lowest offer I've received is $46900 before TTL on MSRP $51625. If Peoria can do better, I'd be willing to rent a car and drive it down there. Highland Park and Woodfield both came back at $47500 before TTL.

Thanks in advance.
The name (Peoria Lexus/ Noelle Pissano) is in the original posting.
Old 10-09-15, 05:58 AM
ephone
Driver School Candidate

I got a 2015 RX 350 on 10/3/2015 at Sewell Lexus Dallas. The MSRP is 50004. The OTD is about 47k. I did not negotiate much since I trade in my 2007 Lexus RX 350. My final OTD is 36k.

If I do not have a trade in, I think it is quite possible to have 46500 as OTD.

Our tax rate is: 6.25%.

Thx.

Quick Reply: 2015 RX 350 Best Prices So Far?