RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Verizon Wireless, Blackberry and Motorola

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-09, 12:56 PM
tomd
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Verizon Wireless, Blackberry and Motorola

We take delivery of our 10 RX in about a week. The salesman seemed to think that the BT phone connections with any phone with Verizon Wireless were problematic. And that Motorola phones were the most likely to succeed; Blackberry the least likely. Phonebook downloads are almost impossible.

Anyone finding that this opinion is valid? Any workarounds? thanks
Old 03-30-09, 01:19 PM
johnpg
Rookie

Hi Tom,

I suggest you try it. I was able to pair my iPhone easily with the vehicle I test drove and verify that it worked. Admittedly I didn't try to sync my contacts as I didn't want them in the demo car.

Also, Lexus has a page that describes what features are supported on various phone models. I don't have the link handy but I suspect somewhere here will or could try Google.

Cheers,
John
Old 03-30-09, 01:32 PM
tomd
Rookie

Hi John,

Thanks

Lexus' site shows no phones compatible with the 2010 RX!

The iPhone is AT&T only right??
Old 03-30-09, 01:40 PM
johnpg
Rookie

Hi Tom,

Yes, the iPhone is AT&T only in the US. I wouldn't switch phones (or carriers) just for your car though. But if you ever were to switch for a phone, iPhone would be the one in my opinion. :-)

Having said that, I found the page:

http://lexusbluetooth.letstalk.com/p...iew=1&model=RX

Go there, put in your zip code, choose your carrier, etc and it'll tell you what works and what doesn't.

One thing to note, even if they say something won't work, it doesn't mean it won't. It just isn't supported. Case in point, apparently people are able to get the contacts to sync from the iPhone in the RX350. Although it's spotty apparently, I've read of people having success with that.

Cheers,
John
Old 03-30-09, 03:35 PM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

My 20078 LX570 works perfectly with my AT&T Blackberry Bold and can not believe that Lexus would go backward on the 2010. Sometimes our dealers are not so all knowing.
Old 03-30-09, 06:47 PM
kiddofun
Driver School Candidate

I also have verizon. I will be upgrading to a new phone soon. My phone is two years old. It's an LG. I was able to download my phonebook to my 2010 RX, but only one number at a time. Luckily I don't have that many contacts I wanted to put in the car.
Old 03-30-09, 10:52 PM
kalvano
Lead Lap

Blackberry's are the easiest because of the "transfer phone book" option.
Old 03-31-09, 06:45 AM
slkatz
Driver School Candidate

Default Samsung Omnia

I own a Verizon Omnia, running Windows Mobile. I had no problems pairing my phone and transferring my contacts.

One of the things that the docs aren't clear about is that voice dialing works with (I believe) 400 numbers. It allows the qualifiers "home", 'work" or "mobile" after the name for a contact. It also does text to voice so you don't have to train it.

My only suggestion is to clean up you contacts list before or after you transfer it. You may find that you end up with multiple entries for each contact.

Finally, the recognition logic is very good. It can find a name when the contact list contains the husband and wife's nams together. I can often find contacts by first name last name order when they are entered last name first.

You just have to remember that when you turn off the ignition, you turn off the BT connection and the call goes back to your phones speaker/mic.
Old 03-31-09, 07:13 AM
tomd
Rookie

Originally Posted by slkatz
You just have to remember that when you turn off the ignition, you turn off the BT connection and the call goes back to your phones speaker/mic.

Actually this is a good thing.

With my MB's bluetooth, many times the car will try to answer a cell call even when my phone is in the house and the car is off in the garage.

Thanks for the tips!
Old 04-01-09, 07:59 AM
hammerj
Driver School Candidate

Default pair BT w blackberry

picked up my 2010 rx350 last week... No problem pairing BT with Verizon Blackberry Curve (8330). When transferring addressbook got error message but transfer took place anyway.... No problem pairing BT for audio use with phone either.
Also tried putting mp3 files on flash drive.... worked great in usb port too.

The only problem i'm having is popping my shoulder back into place after trying to get something out of the storage console....
Old 04-01-09, 08:09 AM
tomd
Rookie

Default great!

Originally Posted by hammerj
picked up my 2010 rx350 last week... No problem pairing BT with Verizon Blackberry Curve (8330). When transferring addressbook got error message but transfer took place anyway.... No problem pairing BT for audio use with phone either.
Also tried putting mp3 files on flash drive.... worked great in usb port too.

The only problem i'm having is popping my shoulder back into place after trying to get something out of the storage console....
Great news on 2 fronts. Thanks!

I'm going to assume that a Blackberry Storm is going to work as well.

And it is great news that a USB drive will work. I have that feature in the Pilot Touring and it works so much better than an ipod interface.

good luck with the shoulder. I recommend Jack Daniels. can't hurt

Last edited by tomd; 04-01-09 at 08:17 AM. Reason: added words
Old 04-01-09, 12:31 PM
dr_p
Driver School Candidate

I had no problem pairing both my motorola Q9h and Kzr phones, however, does anyone know how to set it so the phones automatically connect depending on which one is in my pocket?

I have found that if I switch phones I need to manually connect it as the controller will only automatically connect with the phone it was connected to when shut down.