RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

2007 RX350 Key Identification

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-13, 02:27 PM
joe88
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 RX350 Key Identification

Hi all,

Just purchased a 2007 RX350 in Australia. Like many other second hand buyers, the car only came with one key/remote. The Lexus dealer in Australia has quoted $595 to provide a spare so I've been trying to source a spare on EBay which I can get cut locally ($35) and will attempt to program the car to recognise it using instructions found online.

However, I'm not sure exactly which model key I need to purchase. The marking on the back of mine are:

CLBT/C/245/2002
DENSO 1512V

and inside:

01J17

The ones I'm seeing online typically have FCC ID's of 'HYQ12BBT' or 'HYQ1512V'. Neither of those markings appear on mine, but I'm wondering whether the HYQ1512V is the same?

Also, does anyone know which number refers to the transponder and which refers to the remote?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
Old 12-17-13, 02:49 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

the FCC ID must match in order to work....and you need scantool to program the key.....
Old 12-17-13, 04:26 PM
joe88
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kickin8
the FCC ID must match in order to work....and you need scantool to program the key.....
Thanks - I'm not sure which part of the marking on my key is the 'FCC ID'. On other keys, it seems to clearly state 'FCC ID xxxx'. This doesn't appear on mine (perhaps because my car is not made for the US market?).

Are you sure I need the scantool? Can the remote/transponder be programmed using a procedure such as?:

http://blog.keylessentryremotefob.co...ob-remote.html

Last edited by joe88; 12-17-13 at 04:36 PM. Reason: changed URL to one specific to 2007 RX350
Old 05-17-17, 06:54 AM
Oren
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joe88
Hi all,

Just purchased a 2007 RX350 in Australia. Like many other second hand buyers, the car only came with one key/remote. The Lexus dealer in Australia has quoted $595 to provide a spare so I've been trying to source a spare on EBay which I can get cut locally ($35) and will attempt to program the car to recognise it using instructions found online.

However, I'm not sure exactly which model key I need to purchase. The marking on the back of mine are:

CLBT/C/245/2002
DENSO 1512V

and inside:

01J17

The ones I'm seeing online typically have FCC ID's of 'HYQ12BBT' or 'HYQ1512V'. Neither of those markings appear on mine, but I'm wondering whether the HYQ1512V is the same?

Also, does anyone know which number refers to the transponder and which refers to the remote?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe
Hi Joe ,
I have searched the whole web and you had the closest issue.
I have a car in Australia ,
This is an RX350 2008,
And i have bought a key from ebay ,
Trying to program the key as a remote was a big fail. though i can open the door switch with it and start the car.
I really want to use my car remote with the key ,

Did you come up with anything?
BTW- I do not have any original key to look into the FCC ID, but i think we have the same one also the cars are not of the same year..
Old 05-17-17, 04:02 PM
BlackLexRX
Lead Lap

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

It's tough to get keys programmed for an RX350, but it can be done by a smart locksmith with good scan tools. I was in the same boat, bought an RX that came with one key. I asked dealer to make me a Valet key as a spare. It has no auto lock functions or fob stuff and will not lock or unlock the glove box. But it was less than half the price as a transmitter key at my dealer. It starts the car and unlocks driver's door manually. All I really need in a spare key. Transmitter key at Lexus dealer here in Colorado: 360$, Valet key: 160$. Another route to save more would be: Ask your dealer if you provide the correct key that you sourced (from Ebay or whatever),how much would they charge to program to car.
Old 05-22-17, 01:01 AM
joe88
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Oren

Trying to program the key as a remote was a big fail. though i can open the door switch with it and start the car.
I really want to use my car remote with the key ,

Did you come up with anything?
Hi,

Unfortunately not, I purchased a couple of keys off eBay but was never successful in using them to start the car or operate the remote door locks. There was a document floating around somewhere which detailed a procedure to code the door remote to the car. You've probably seen it? If I recall, it involved opening and closing the drivers side door a certain number of times in conjunction with ignition key position. I tried it at the time but couldn't get it to work and concluded the instructions didn't apply to my year model.

How did you manage to get your eBay keys to start the car? Did you use some sort of scan tool?

Cheers,
Joe
Old 05-22-17, 05:17 AM
Lexuswiz
Instructor

Received 178 Likes on 165 Posts

The best is to either have key programmed by your dealer or have access to Techstream (given the key has the correct immobilizer chip). Those instruction for a step by step procedure using the door, gas pedal, and key rotation have never worked for me regardless if the car is a Lexus or Toyota.

I've programmed over 10 sets of eBay keys for the fleet of Toyota's and Lexus' I own and maintain. 3 keys for my personal lexus and 3 keys for a 2004 RX330. Unless the '07 RX350 is a push to start, I don't see why there's so much trouble, the key is practically the same as mine. But the important part is to use Techstream as it streamlines the process for both the immobilizer chip and the keyless entry. Speciality locksmiths can also program it but these are hard to come by around me and the cheap locksmiths have no idea what they're doing.
Old 08-28-17, 12:42 AM
Oren
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by joe88
Hi,

Unfortunately not, I purchased a couple of keys off eBay but was never successful in using them to start the car or operate the remote door locks. There was a document floating around somewhere which detailed a procedure to code the door remote to the car. You've probably seen it? If I recall, it involved opening and closing the drivers side door a certain number of times in conjunction with ignition key position. I tried it at the time but couldn't get it to work and concluded the instructions didn't apply to my year model.

How did you manage to get your eBay keys to start the car? Did you use some sort of scan tool?

Cheers,
Joe
i havd bought the key and a locksmith for 80$ programmed a chip and did the cut.

the issue is that the remote function is available only for aussi version of the key...

still cant find the answer.
Old 08-28-17, 12:45 AM
Oren
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lexuswiz
The best is to either have key programmed by your dealer or have access to Techstream (given the key has the correct immobilizer chip). Those instruction for a step by step procedure using the door, gas pedal, and key rotation have never worked for me regardless if the car is a Lexus or Toyota.

I've programmed over 10 sets of eBay keys for the fleet of Toyota's and Lexus' I own and maintain. 3 keys for my personal lexus and 3 keys for a 2004 RX330. Unless the '07 RX350 is a push to start, I don't see why there's so much trouble, the key is practically the same as mine. But the important part is to use Techstream as it streamlines the process for both the immobilizer chip and the keyless entry. Speciality locksmiths can also program it but these are hard to come by around me and the cheap locksmiths have no idea what they're doing.
where can i buy such a key for rx350 2008? I have tech stream but it seems that on ebay they dont sell aussie compatible key. Only american europian.
Old 08-29-17, 12:14 AM
DennisMik
Racer

Received 286 Likes on 248 Posts

read this thread, maybe it will help you.

http://au.lexusownersclub.com/forums...are-smart-key/

on the second page, a guy bought a key for his Austrailian IS (not RX) for ebay. He names allkeyless llc on ebay as the seller. This guy is still selling on ebay - http://stores.ebay.com/allkeyless

He is based in the United States - http://www.buzzfile.com/business/All...C-678-362-5884