RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

Problems with the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-10, 01:55 PM
momtogrif
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with the dealership

So, I bought an 07 RX350 used back in December and I've had it at the dealership more times than I can count because they keep breaking stuff on the car every time I bring it in. I brought it in for the white dust and oil line recall only to have them put a hole in my glove box casing and mess up the housing on the driver side headlight. They got the car back to fix the headlight and fix the glove box and also to fix a creaking in the dash that started after they did the white dust(heater core) fix. At this point, they did a full detail on the car to make it up to me and proceeded to bust my A/C vent on the driver's side.

I just got it back after they did the fix of the vent and there is grease on the passenger side floor mat! Seriously, can I ever get my car back in better shape than which I brought it to them in??? I'm just so frustrated and I don't know who to talk to. The dealership is 45 mins away, too, so it takes a lot of my personal time to get this stuff taken care of! I know it's just grease and I can probably clean it at home, but I'm just tired of poor service. I bought a Lexus to get away from the crappy service I was getting elsewhere.
Old 04-09-10, 04:01 PM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

For routine maintenance take the vehicle to a Toyota dealership. For warranty work I guess you are stuck with these clowns. Is there another Lexus dealer within a reasonable distance? My closest Lexus dealership is 100 miles away and they will pickup and deliver my car at no cost, but I only use them for warranty issues.
Old 04-10-10, 03:13 AM
metal
Driver School Candidate

Never go back there...but I can tell you that the two dealerships I have delt with here in Florida have been excellent!
Old 04-10-10, 06:33 AM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Things happen. Sounds to me like they make it right for you when they screwed up. Don't know what else they are supposed to do. If you don't like them go somewhere else. You bought it knowing the dealer was 45 minutes away so how is that their fault?
Old 04-10-10, 08:47 AM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Its 3 years old so things can go wrong with it but there is no excuss for poor dealership relations & service techs. Sounds like they were trying to make it up though if they detailed the vehicle.
I have never had a problem & have been treated excellent & I have no complaints.
They get my business.
Old 04-12-10, 05:44 AM
KeysRx300
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dealership

I have always had excellent service at my Lexus Dealer. Is there another one you can take it to? They go overboard every time. Even on the bill. Thats why I never pay.

I get my oil changes at the local Toyota dealer. I buy my pepsi out of the machine. And sit in a regular chair instead of leather. And save the 240.00 dollars.

Also on the drivers door A/C vent. Thats where I put my water battle. And I am on my 3 broken vent tab. Its a poor design. It should move all the way left or right or down. But when you push up on it. It only goes half way. And with just a little bit of pressure. The tab pops in half.

After the next time they fix it. My warranty will be almost up. So I will just use the center console.
Old 04-12-10, 12:57 PM
dsandife
Driver School Candidate

This is the reason that the RX330 that I own will be the last Lexus I buy. I had to take it back to the dealer and argue about the transmission not shifting correctly about a dozen times, until they reprogrammed the ECU and fixed the problem.

Sure the waiting room was nice, free pop and all. Some folks are easily impressed, I guess.
Old 04-12-10, 01:18 PM
xfirechief
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dsandife
This is the reason that the RX330 that I own will be the last Lexus I buy. I had to take it back to the dealer and argue about the transmission not shifting correctly about a dozen times, until they reprogrammed the ECU and fixed the problem.

Sure the waiting room was nice, free pop and all. Some folks are easily impressed, I guess.
The coffee & cookies are great too
Old 04-12-10, 06:51 PM
mandyfig

Received 408 Likes on 359 Posts

Change dealership pronto!
Old 04-13-10, 02:44 PM
momtogrif
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Adamjeeps
Things happen. Sounds to me like they make it right for you when they screwed up. Don't know what else they are supposed to do. If you don't like them go somewhere else. You bought it knowing the dealer was 45 minutes away so how is that their fault?
I'm not blaming them for their distance to my home. When I asked them if I could bring it to a closer dealership(there's one about 4 miles away) they practically yelled at me and said, "NOOOO, don't take it there! We'll make it right, we promise." I'm still not sure why they insisted that I bring my car to them but I did and other than the grease spots they left on my passenger side mat, things look good.

My problem was the attention to detail by the service technicians more than anything. The service manager must have his hands full because he was constantly cleaning my car and fixing things that his techs broke on my car. Anyway, everything is fine now and I've decided to let the whole white dust issue go, too. I'm just tired of companies not living up to their promises and providing inferior service.

Oh, and the only reason I bought my car from them was because they had the best price and because my husband bought his ES330 from them so we thought it would be nice to give them repeat business. We've had NO issues when it comes to his car, LOL!
Old 04-13-10, 03:53 PM
Rainbird

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You don't have to ask their permission to do any service anywhere. If you have a Toyota dealership or private shop perform routine maintenance you are fine, simply keep records showing that it was done. It will not effect your warranty. However, all warranty work is required to be done by Lexus. Save time, save gas, go to the dealer 4 miles away.
Old 04-13-10, 04:35 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I have zero tolerance for places that treat me and/or my car with disrespect. I would definitely go to the closer dealer. Find the best service advisor there. Mine happens to be female. She sets me up with the best mechanics and will roll heads if there are any problems. The dealer you're going to now does not live up to and is not representative of Lexus standards in my book. Good luck.