RX - 1st Gen (1999-2003) Discussion topics related to the 1999 -2003 RX300 models

Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-14, 05:58 PM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Audio Help!! 🔊🔊

Hey guys just need some advice. My 2002 rx300 is 12 years old and well...so is my sound system lately I've been a little hard on my Rx's sound system and fried the back speakers only my sub, tweeters, passenger and driver speakers work. When I had the car the speakers had some good clarity and bump (be for I blew them)...so now I'm looking at some new speakers possibly with built in tweeters. My budget is around 200$ for all 4 speakers and the mounting hardware, I want something that sounds really good so any recommendations from you guys would be awsome thanks 😆
Old 10-19-14, 08:52 PM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Default Help!!

Ok I recently posted about my rear speakers dieing well now my 2 front ones died I really need some feedback on some good speakers to fit my budget my last post is labels "audio help🔊🔊" but nobody replied
Old 10-20-14, 06:56 AM
hypervish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts

You can do a search and find some information. The RX is getting older now, so not many people are experimenting with mods anymore.

I believe Salim has upgraded his speakers, and I remember seeing a thread about it. I don't know if he will be logging onto CL anytime soon though, so best option is to use the search.
Old 10-20-14, 08:50 AM
salimshah

Received 1,017 Likes on 917 Posts

I would suggest to look under special interest group in CL. There are people who can tell if the gold connectors were used or not and I am not among them. I have only played with getting the aux-in [that again for my son's SC]. One of these days I will try to get a blue tooth connection for my RX.

Blown speakers on standard RX audio setup is very unlikely. Has any one messed with starter/ignition-switch or alternator. Things like remote starter can cause problems. If there is an issue with voltage spikes, other electronics may be in danger of getting fried.

So I would say have the electrical system rectified/looked-into before new speakers.

For speakers, try the audio-video special interest group.

Salim
Old 10-20-14, 09:36 PM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Ok thanks sounds good a few weeks ago I noticed that the rear passenger side speaker wasn't working, them just last week I noticed the other.....the front are fine...nice and loud so I wonder what the problem is?
Old 10-21-14, 05:42 AM
salimshah

Received 1,017 Likes on 917 Posts

There is a difference between blown and no sound.

Blown means ... burnt. Due to excessive drive ... large signal spike. [this is what I thought was your problem}

No sound .... you are not getting the sound .... break in the wires leading to the speaker, amp getting no power, amp burnt out, amp not getting input.

Other condition (just listing one for cars)
Muffled and scraping sound: .... speaker coil partially burnt (over drive), rust on the speaker magnet, speaker cone carrier rotted out (sun).

Salim
Old 10-21-14, 09:34 AM
AnthonyMtz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by salimshah
There is a difference between blown and no sound.

Blown means ... burnt. Due to excessive drive ... large signal spike. [this is what I thought was your problem}

No sound .... you are not getting the sound .... break in the wires leading to the speaker, amp getting no power, amp burnt out, amp not getting input.

Other condition (just listing one for cars)
Muffled and scraping sound: .... speaker coil partially burnt (over drive), rust on the speaker magnet, speaker cone carrier rotted out (sun).

Salim
Hey salim, I have always being hard on my speakers but when they did go out I heard the sound being muffled and distorted and then I noticed there was no sound from them anymore, the two front speakers and the tweeters still work I haven't pulled the door panel off yet to inspect the speakers but if I get a chance I will do that today and try to post some pictures to further diagnose the problem. thanks so much for your help Salim!