RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Kinda regretting not springing for the RCF...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-15, 10:23 AM
RedlineRCF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by equalme
Financed. Instead of being able to offer more for my trade-in, the finance director was able to get me a lower APR via LFS. I got hit regardless ~$6k not including $2k I paid for clear bra and tint.

I put down $10k which pretty much covered what I was upside down on from my 370z and then the RC 350 loss. I have about $80k financed through LFS. Payments are about $1200.

Most people wouldn't be comfortable with that high of a payment, since it is in the home mortgage range, but my condo is paid off...so I don't have a mortgage. And no school loans.

Insurance on the RC 350 was $91 a month and it jumped up a little to $101 a month for the RCF via Liberty Mutual.

If I can focus on my money management I should be able to pay the car off in 2-3 years....that is after a couple of goodies for the RCF first.
That's a good deal, and the payments are right on par with a financed 80k car for 5 years.
I had an offer of trading my 2008 IS350 in for $12500 for just under $1065 per month for 5 years. I just didn't want the high payments like you said. Then the salesman tried to get me into a 3 year lease for $725/month. He wanted me to trade in my car and they'd give me $12,500 and put $2k down. He said Lexus would also give me "1k" as an extra incentive to put down. The guy was smoking crack. I just walked out and felt insulted he'd think I'd just give them over $15k basically to lease a car. Oh... to top it off he was going to provide me a clear bra and tint. I laughed my butt out of there. They actually thought someone would fall for that?
Old 07-01-15, 10:25 AM
kirk200
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats my white RC 350 in the background. Lol

Nice to get what you want... both cars are expensive - it's worth spending a bit more to be truly happy with your purchase - regretting the RC 350 over your ownership would drive you mad eventually. Glad you have the RC F now!

- Kirk
Old 07-01-15, 04:23 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Financed. Instead of being able to offer more for my trade-in, the finance director was able to get me a lower APR via LFS. I got hit regardless ~$6k not including $2k I paid for clear bra and tint.

I put down $10k which pretty much covered what I was upside down on from my 370z and then the RC 350 loss. I have about $80k financed through LFS. Payments are about $1200.

Most people wouldn't be comfortable with that high of a payment, since it is in the home mortgage range, but my condo is paid off...so I don't have a mortgage. And no school loans.

Insurance on the RC 350 was $91 a month and it jumped up a little to $101 a month for the RCF via Liberty Mutual.

If I can focus on my money management I should be able to pay the car off in 2-3 years....that is after a couple of goodies for the RCF first.
Forget the money. It is all about smile on your face. How is the RC F treating you?
Old 07-01-15, 04:56 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The massive depreciation hit on the RCF has to be factored in as well. All in, probably a $30K-$35K net loss over the 2-3 years switching from the RC to the RCF on a $80K loan. The good news is you will have title by year 3 at most so you can recoup some of that loss on a trade/resale. But it sounded like you would be in constant regret keeping the RC so I think the switch was worth it for you.
Old 07-01-15, 07:32 PM
equalme
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks! I'm very content with the RCF and happy with my decision entirely. The GTR was slightly considered but the interior is lacking a lot for the price of the vehicle. Though a DCT wouldn't been nice on the RCF and a update to fix the hesitation issue.

The only upgrade in the future that would entice me would be the LF-LC or future Supra!
Old 07-01-15, 09:42 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks! I'm very content with the RCF and happy with my decision entirely. The GTR was slightly considered but the interior is lacking a lot for the price of the vehicle. Though a DCT wouldn't been nice on the RCF and a update to fix the hesitation issue.

The only upgrade in the future that would entice me would be the LF-LC or future Supra!
Drive in Sports+ and there is no hesitation issue. Tranny stays in a much more optimal gear. Enjoy!
Old 07-01-15, 09:57 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by DougHII
Drive in Sports+ and there is no hesitation issue. Tranny stays in a much more optimal gear. Enjoy!
Lol, Yep it's like the Tranny is just Waitin' to JUMP on Something!