IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

DELIVERED: 2014 Lexus IS 350 F-Sport - Ultra White / Rioja Red

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-13, 01:04 PM
unixadm
Pit Crew

Received 102 Likes on 31 Posts
Default DELIVERED: 2014 Lexus IS 350 F-Sport - Ultra White / Rioja Red

I have been working on a deal for a IS 350 F-Sport for a little over a week or so. This was a longer distance transaction since the dealer wasn't local to me. With that said, they found the exact car I wanted and got it to me for zero cost with a great deal. ME = HAPPY!

Options: BSM, Mark Levinson Audio, Accessory Kit and VGRS

I just got back from putting ~35 miles on the car and I love it. The only thing I'd wish for was a bit more power but then again my last car in this segment was a C63 with over 500HP, so I'm a bit spoiled in the power department.

Love how the car handles, drives and feels. It's better than the car I test drove and I really like the VGRS. The transmission in Sport+ shifts VERY quickly when under power with very little lag. The brakes are good and strong while the overall ride quality of the car on various types of roads is great.

I really like the whole package and I have zero regrets. More than pleased with the car.

Blah, blah... blah - here are some pics (I'll get better ones, my Samsung Galaxy S4 hates glare):

If anyone is looking for a great dealer that will go the extra mile without any hassles or up selling, please check out DCH Lexus of Oxnard. I worked with Leo Berry and he gave me a great deal with great service. I asked for updates to be done to the car (like the navigation update), they were done without question. I asked them to have the windows tinted and he got it done. They also got the car to me quickly and overall, it was one of the best experiences I've had when picking up a new car. Tell him David from Elk Grove sent you his way if you decide to give them a try. I don't have any association with them, but I do very much appreciate great service.

Alright folks. I'm going for another drive!

Old 10-27-13, 01:12 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats!!! Many happy miles to you!

How do you like the Mark Levinson?

Also, how are you experiencing the Nav system?
Old 10-27-13, 01:13 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by unixadm
I have been working on a deal for a IS 350 F-Sport for a little over a week or so. This was a longer distance transaction since the dealer wasn't local to me. With that said, they found the exact car I wanted and got it to me for zero cost with a great deal. ME = HAPPY!

Options: BSM, Mark Levinson Audio, Accessory Kit and VGRS

I just got back from putting ~35 miles on the car and I love it. The only thing I'd wish for was a bit more power but then again my last car in this segment was a C63 with over 500HP, so I'm a bit spoiled in the power department.

Love how the car handles, drives and feels. It's better than the car I test drove and I really like the VGRS. The transmission in Sport+ shifts VERY quickly when under power with very little lag. The brakes are good and strong while the overall ride quality of the car on various types of roads is great.

I really like the whole package and I have zero regrets. More than pleased with the car.

Blah, blah... blah - here are some pics (I'll get better ones, my Samsung Galaxy S4 hates glare):

If anyone is looking for a great dealer that will go the extra mile without any hassles or up selling, please check out DCH Lexus of Oxnard. I worked with Leo Berry and he gave me a great deal with great service. I asked for updates to be done to the car (like the navigation update), they were done without question. I asked them to have the windows tinted and he got it done. They also got the car to me quickly and overall, it was one of the best experiences I've had when picking up a new car. Tell him David from Elk Grove sent you his way if you decide to give them a try. I don't have any association with them, but I do very much appreciate great service.

Alright folks. I'm going for another drive!

Congrats! Your IS looks nice and it looks like it is fully loaded. I see you have the power telescoping steering wheel for your IS350 F Sport which is not absent in the Canadian F Sport offering. Not sure if it has been answered in other threads, will the steering wheel move away from you when you turn off the engine?

Thanks.
Old 10-27-13, 02:26 PM
unixadm
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Congrats!!! Many happy miles to you!

How do you like the Mark Levinson?

Also, how are you experiencing the Nav system?
Thanks. I love the Mark Levinson audio. This is the best sounding stock system I've ever had. Plays loud, crisp and pretty accurate. Only heavy bass at high volume levels give it any sort of strain. Really great sounding system.

I have not had good luck with Lexus Enform . I did have the navigation updated to V8500 prior to the car shipping to me. It seems to function pretty well, but I have not been able to get Pandora to work where it actually played audio. It plays a song, but I can't hear it. BT audio works fine.
Old 10-27-13, 02:27 PM
unixadm
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by AndyL
Congrats! Your IS looks nice and it looks like it is fully loaded. I see you have the power telescoping steering wheel for your IS350 F Sport which is not absent in the Canadian F Sport offering. Not sure if it has been answered in other threads, will the steering wheel move away from you when you turn off the engine?

Thanks.
The wheel does go back into a "parked" position when you turn off the ignition and returns to the last setting once the vehicle is started.

I love this car!
Old 10-27-13, 02:43 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

226 miles? I'm guessing they drove the car to your dealership instead of shipping it there?
Old 10-27-13, 02:46 PM
FyaIS350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats i just ordered the same car for my wife yesterday! cant wait til it arrives! best of luck!
Old 10-27-13, 04:14 PM
unixadm
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by vbx
226 miles? I'm guessing they drove the car to your dealership instead of shipping it there?
They did a dealer trade which added on the miles and then shipped it to me. It arrived with around 190 miles. It now has 290 miles.

This is the best bang for the buck car I've driven in a very long time. Every mile makes me like it even more.

And my Enform just started working, so I was rocking Pandora the whole time and it works great. No issues with the navigation system now that I can tell. The interface isn't what I would call super intuitive but I'll get used to it.
Old 10-27-13, 04:20 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

They did a dealer trade which added on the miles and then shipped it to me. It arrived with around 190 miles. It now has 290 miles.

This is the best bang for the buck car I've driven in a very long time. Every mile makes me like it even more.

And my Enform just started working, so I was rocking Pandora the whole time and it works great. No issues with the navigation system now that I can tell. The interface isn't what I would call super intuitive but I'll get used to it.
Glad your Pandora is working and V8500 nav seems pretty clean for you. Any thoughts on why you had no Pandora sound initially?
Old 10-27-13, 04:23 PM
unixadm
Pit Crew

Not sure. I did reboot my phone (Samsung Galaxy S4). However after I did that, everything works fine.

One tip - if you guys buy the car, tell the dealer to program the car so that the windows to roll down using your key fob (holding the unlock button). They did it for me based on my request and I know I'll appreciate it on warm summer days. You need a Toyota TechStream to do it and it cannot be any other way.
Old 10-27-13, 04:58 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome news glad to hear you're enjoying your new car. Thanks for the tip on the auto row down window option. sounds like I'm going to have that done as well
Old 10-27-13, 05:34 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Yeah I use pandora all the time. To bad its only good for one year. After the 1 yr trial, we have to pay lexus 300? A year to use the app. Which is stupid.
Old 10-27-13, 05:40 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vbx
Yeah I use pandora all the time. To bad its only good for one year. After the 1 yr trial, we have to pay lexus 300? A year to use the app. Which is stupid.
Per Lexus Drivers , Lexus Enform is no longer a fee based service:

Is Lexus EnformŽ a fee-based service?
Enform App Suite does not require an activation fee or monthly recurring fees, however, registration is required. After one year of complimentary SiriusXM data services, owners can elect to continue their SiriusXM data services for a monthly access fee. Lexus Enform apps rely on the customer's smartphone data plan, carrier charges may apply.

Advanced SiriusXM Satellite Radio services require a valid SiriusXM subscription and are sold separately by SiriusXM. For more details, visit siriusxm.com or call the SiriusXM Listener Care Center directly at 1-866-528-7474.

Last edited by CtSFox; 10-27-13 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-27-13, 05:51 PM
LexFather

Awesome... Congrats!!!!
Old 10-27-13, 05:53 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CtSFox
Per Lexus Drivers , Lexus Enform is no longer a fee based service:

Is Lexus EnformŽ a fee-based service?
Enform App Suite does not require an activation fee or monthly recurring fees, however, registration is required. After one year of complimentary SiriusXM data services, owners can elect to continue their SiriusXM data services for a monthly access fee. Lexus Enform apps rely on the customer's smartphone data plan, carrier charges may apply.

Advanced SiriusXM Satellite Radio services require a valid SiriusXM subscription and are sold separately by SiriusXM. For more details, visit siriusxm.com or call the SiriusXM Listener Care Center directly at 1-866-528-7474.
That's good to hear!

Quick Reply: DELIVERED: 2014 Lexus IS 350 F-Sport - Ultra White / Rioja Red