Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Lexus RC F webpage updated

Old 10-15-14, 07:26 PM   #1
billdwong
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Lexus RC F webpage updated

FYI, Lexus has updated their webpage (http://www.lexus.com/models/RCF) for the RC F, including a PDF brochure.

The brochure, incidentally, does mention that the TVD will be available as an individual option for a limited time.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
billdwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-14, 07:51 PM   #2
1SexyLexus
Lexus Test Driver

^ I thought i was the only one that caught that LOL. Great info on the brochure, funny how they havent updated the RC350 or FSport model line yet on their website... ?
|2012 Mercury Metallic Lexus ISF| SOLD
|2012 Nebula Gray Lexus IS F Sport| SOLD
|2008 Pearl White G37S Coupe| SOLD
1SexyLexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-14, 05:05 AM   #3
vbb
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (1)

I haven't been tracking this forum as closely as some others, but I'm surprised to see that the starting price is listed as LESS than the IS-F on the website. That is not what I expected!

Volk | JoeZ PTS | Swift | S4Play | ML+ | Project Mu | Alpine | JL Audio
"And then there's this F model, which is completely opposite than anything you'd ever expect. It's super surprising. It's like... the quiet accountant in your office gets in a bar fight, and you later find out that he's secretly been training in the MMA for years." -MotorTrend
vbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 01:22 PM   #4
corelink
Driver School Candidate

Default Pre-Ordered RC F on 09-08-14 Delivery 03-2015?

I'm still confused at to what I ordered versus what I want versus what I will actually get and when!

My dealer and I completed a "pre-order from" for a 2015 RC F, which really had just a few boxes to check. You had to pick either the performance model or carbon model. I picked the carbon model as it is my understanding the performance model is included. The only other choices were exterior and interior. I gave him a small refundable deposit and was told that it should be delivered in December.

Then I recently had a conversation and was told March 2015 would be the delivery time frame. I did see the brochure online and I think I am going to get all the options and equipment I want, except for two that appear to be individual options, the pre-collision system and all-weather package. My dealer said that if I want those I would have to place a "special order" and wait until May 2015 to take delivery.

So I'm thinking if I have to wait until May of 2015 why wouldn't I just wait until the 2016s come out and see what the differences may be?

Finally, I have no idea what to expect for pricing. I have budgeted $88k (includes taxes, etc.) as my out the door price with no trade in.

It was so much easier ordering my 2010 Lexus IS F. You really only had one option, with or without the Mark Levinson sound system.

Would love to hear your insights on the RC F packages and pricing.
corelink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 01:48 PM   #5
chilipalm
Rookie

If they're taking until March 2015 to deliver the carbon model, then I would think the 2016 carbon model would be pushed to Spring of 2016.
chilipalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 02:03 PM   #6
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by corelink View Post
I'm still confused at to what I ordered versus what I want versus what I will actually get and when!
I just tried to order mine today, and I think it comes down to dealer ignorance. They have no idea what's coming or when.
NewSpace is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-14, 02:53 PM   #7
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

you cant compare the ordering process with a 2010 ISF since thats the 3rd MY its been out, RCF ordering isnt even ironed out yet
Old 10-21-14, 03:00 PM   #8
rominl
exclusive matchup

Trader Score: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corelink View Post

My dealer and I completed a "pre-order from" for a 2015 RC F, which really had just a few boxes to check. You had to pick either the performance model or carbon model. I picked the carbon model as it is my understanding the performance model is included. The only other choices were exterior and interior. I gave him a small refundable deposit and was told that it should be delivered in December.

Then I recently had a conversation and was told March 2015 would be the delivery time frame. I did see the brochure online and I think I am going to get all the options and equipment I want, except for two that appear to be individual options, the pre-collision system and all-weather package. My dealer said that if I want those I would have to place a "special order" and wait until May 2015 to take delivery.

So I'm thinking if I have to wait until May of 2015 why wouldn't I just wait until the 2016s come out and see what the differences may be?

Finally, I have no idea what to expect for pricing. I have budgeted $88k (includes taxes, etc.) as my out the door price with no trade in.

It was so much easier ordering my 2010 Lexus IS F. You really only had one option, with or without the Mark Levinson sound system.

Would love to hear your insights on the RC F packages and pricing.
all carbon packaged cars are pushed back to feb/march 2015 for initial delivery
Old 10-21-14, 03:00 PM