RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Lexus RCF PPE Headers + GTHaus Exhaust 0-94 MPH 94-155 MPH Video

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-16, 12:45 PM
RSXiMUS
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I just had an ear orgasm. Thanks!

lol, seriously that thing sounds amazing.

Are you running a remote mic setup? Or is that really how loud and badass it sounds where you're sitting?
Old 03-30-16, 01:01 PM
kammrk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you advise after the install was it very noticeable the difference in extra H.P./torque?
can the car shift little harder now, can you spin the rear wheels from a standstill. Thanks for the information wanting to do something to the car to give it that extra bump, I should receive the car next week I saw a youtube video of a regular guy that reviews cars and he actually chirped 2nd gear in a 2015 RCF.
Old 03-30-16, 01:49 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RSXiMUS
I just had an ear orgasm. Thanks!

lol, seriously that thing sounds amazing.

Are you running a remote mic setup? Or is that really how loud and badass it sounds where you're sitting?
Lol no problem, I am glad you enjoyed it! It is that loud and that is with the windows down and with the GoPro Hero 4 Black border case on, I should run a remote mic and see the difference! BTW nice job on headers install. I wouldn't have the patience to do that, anything past 4 hours is too long for me. Lol.

Originally Posted by kammrk
can you advise after the install was it very noticeable the difference in extra H.P./torque?
can the car shift little harder now, can you spin the rear wheels from a standstill. Thanks for the information wanting to do something to the car to give it that extra bump, I should receive the car next week I saw a youtube video of a regular guy that reviews cars and he actually chirped 2nd gear in a 2015 RCF.
Yes it is a very noticeable difference in the mid and high range RPMs. The car shifts the same, still smooth, and it's a lot louder than before. If you want a extra bump, any header back exhaust system will free up at least 30 rwhp, headers will probably give you a extra 25-30 rwhp on top of the exhaust system.

As long as the tire is warmed up and it's warm outside, I don't have any traction issues at all, my Pirelli PZero 295/30/20s are a night and day difference compared to the 285/30/20 Hankook Ventus Evo2 I had before. Stocks are 275/35/19s PSS for the rears I believe.
Old 03-30-16, 04:44 PM
kammrk
Driver School Candidate

awesome thanks for the info. I think I am going to go with the PPE headers & GT Haus MUSA exhaust, looking forward to it, you guys help in a great way this forum is fantastic.
Old 03-30-16, 06:38 PM
Ne1tHeRe
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 107 Posts

Would be very interested to hear your car in all 4 drive select modes while gradually accelerating up the RPM band.

I am hoping I don't have any issues with emissions inspections running my cat-back...they should considering there is still the front cats still. I might consider the headers if they had a version with a fake looking cat bulg, no CEL issues, and would pass emissions testing where I am at. I would be happy with an extra 50-60RWHP over stock. We'll see
Old 04-07-16, 05:51 PM
kammrk
Driver School Candidate

RCF500, when you had headers installed did the engine have to be lifted out or adjusted leaving in car or engine bay, was the install a major ordeal? will this void the warranty thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-07-16, 09:08 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by Ne1tHeRe
Would be very interested to hear your car in all 4 drive select modes while gradually accelerating up the RPM band.

I am hoping I don't have any issues with emissions inspections running my cat-back...they should considering there is still the front cats still. I might consider the headers if they had a version with a fake looking cat bulg, no CEL issues, and would pass emissions testing where I am at. I would be happy with an extra 50-60RWHP over stock. We'll see
I'll try to see if I can get a video up of it.

As for the emissions, you should be fine, only the secondary cats are removed with the aftermarket exhaust systems. Headers are a different story, you may be able to get by with hi flow cats installed with it though.

Originally Posted by kammrk
RCF500, when you had headers installed did the engine have to be lifted out or adjusted leaving in car or engine bay, was the install a major ordeal? will this void the warranty thanks for the heads up.
Glad you enjoyed it. My installer had to lift the engine to install the headers. As for warranty, I have no clue, if something goes wrong with the engine, they will most likely put the blame on the headers.

Here's a video of a drive by and a ride along of my car.

Old 04-07-16, 09:28 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,417 Likes on 1,741 Posts

Sounds very high strung at high revs. Are you on stock 7400 rpm rev limit or it has been raised?

Originally Posted by RCF500
I'll try to see if I can get a video up of it.

As for the emissions, you should be fine, only the secondary cats are removed with the aftermarket exhaust systems. Headers are a different story, you may be able to get by with hi flow cats installed with it though.

Glad you enjoyed it. My installer had to lift the engine to install the headers. As for warranty, I have no clue, if something goes wrong with the engine, they will most likely put the blame on the headers.

Here's a video of a drive by and a ride along of my car.

LOUD Tuned Lexus RC-F Ridealong! - YouTube
Old 04-07-16, 09:42 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Sounds very high strung at high revs. Are you on stock 7400 rpm rev limit or it has been raised?
Lol I wish there is a tune for the RCF, the ECU isn't cracked yet, so it's at stock rev limit at 7300 RPM.
Old 04-08-16, 07:22 AM
Sal11585
Driver School Candidate

Why is it bouncing off the limiter so much wasnt it in drive?
Old 04-08-16, 07:46 AM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Originally Posted by Sal11585
Why is it bouncing off the limiter so much wasnt it in drive?
It's in manual mode, before the headers I can hear the shifting beep, now the beep is drown out by the headers, I have to work on my shifting, need a little bit of time to listen to the engine, and then learn to shift from the sound of the engine.
Old 04-08-16, 08:28 PM
TTechLexus
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a racecar
Old 04-08-16, 09:27 PM
josh810
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Good Lord that sounds soo sick!