RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Wiring harness in my RCF

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-16, 07:46 AM
TNLS600hL
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring harness in my RCF

Hey guys I bought this RCF used and it has this wiring harness installed I was wondering if anyone has any idea what it was hooked to. I believe it's for a radar detector but couldn't figure out which. The wire also run to the back of the rear window in the headliner but only one connection on that end, I've attached a picture.
Old 02-14-16, 09:19 AM
milk242
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TNLS600hL
Hey guys I bought this RCF used and it has this wiring harness installed I was wondering if anyone has any idea what it was hooked to. I believe it's for a radar detector but couldn't figure out which. The wire also run to the back of the rear window in the headliner but only one connection on that end, I've attached a picture.
Looks like it was for a dash cam with separate gps module. I'm going to guess from left to right: power, gps, rear view camera cable.
Old 02-15-16, 05:43 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

What a crappy install. You can see 'GPS' on a module there that is not part of the car. Maybe he also had a rear-facing camera as well. I'd remove all that crap.
Old 02-16-16, 12:24 PM
TNLS600hL
Rookie

Originally Posted by ELP_JC
What a crappy install. You can see 'GPS' on a module there that is not part of the car. Maybe he also had a rear-facing camera as well. I'd remove all that crap.
I think so because the USB wire runs to the rear windshield, I'd hate to have to tear the headliner apart just to remove all that crap
Old 02-16-16, 10:22 PM
milk242
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TNLS600hL
I think so because the USB wire runs to the rear windshield, I'd hate to have to tear the headliner apart just to remove all that crap
The usb wire is most likely tucked into the edges of the headliner or they routed it down the a pillar and tucked it under the foot well panels and back up the c pillar.
Old 02-22-16, 04:18 AM
AL13NV8D3R
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts

From the looks of it I think its the BlackSys 2 Channel CH-100B Full HD WiFi GPS 16GB BlackBox Dashcam. I have this installed in two of my cars and the wiring looks exactly like that. The usb wire running to the rear glass is for the rear video camera and the other wire is the the separate GPS antenna. This system works great. It recordes continuos footage while car is on and tags certain sections of video if it detects an accident or if you press a button which also protects video so it wony be automatically deleted. It has motion sensors so it will protect your car while parked to prevent vandalism.

Personally id just buy a dash cam and install it into the car since wires are already tucked in that would save me alot of time. And as a plus of having this is you can record your trips and track meets and play it back on your HDTV for fun.

Old 02-25-16, 06:33 AM
TNLS600hL
Rookie

Originally Posted by AL13NV8D3R
From the looks of it I think its the BlackSys 2 Channel CH-100B Full HD WiFi GPS 16GB BlackBox Dashcam. I have this installed in two of my cars and the wiring looks exactly like that. The usb wire running to the rear glass is for the rear video camera and the other wire is the the separate GPS antenna. This system works great. It recordes continuos footage while car is on and tags certain sections of video if it detects an accident or if you press a button which also protects video so it wony be automatically deleted. It has motion sensors so it will protect your car while parked to prevent vandalism.

Personally id just buy a dash cam and install it into the car since wires are already tucked in that would save me alot of time. And as a plus of having this is you can record your trips and track meets and play it back on your HDTV for fun.

Thanks so much for the info! I've been looking for anything to go with the wire harness online but haven't found one. Saves me some headache! Looks like a cool system I think I'll get it.