RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

well the RCF is utter **** now

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-16, 01:45 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
It has the same engine as Fs. But they mentioned about weight reductions. Just don't know how those reductions are. It may be above RCF price range...
I don't think weight reductions are that much as Lexus is claiming that it will go 0-60 in less than 4.5 sec. =/ Now the LC F is the one to look forward too!
Old 01-11-16, 03:26 PM
Raykwon02
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What's up with the title of this thread??? Utter *** compared to what?

IMO, the RC F looks better than the LC500. The LC500 will have the same engine and will cost more(at least 30k more). Lexus is making a BIG mistake putting the same motor into these cars(RC F, GS F, and now LC500). The performance will be relatively the same across all 3 vehicles. Let's hope they build an LC F and don't put an astronomical price tag on it. The future of F cars does not seem too bright unless Lexus makes a statement with the LC F.
Old 01-11-16, 03:40 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

The 2017 LC 500 is slated to tip the scales at 4,300 lbs or so (via Mototrend)

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2018-...t-look-review/

Granted it will be using the same 2UR-GSE from the RC F / GS F... I wouldn't consider this the next F performance car just yet..

It's an All New Architecture / Luxury Coupe Flagship for Lexus. The price tag will likely exceed $100K+ as mentioned..

Here is a peak at the egine bay packing the V8 and glimpse of the material they'll be using to build the LC 500.

I see it as a High End Luxury coupe with LFA language for the masses

Joe Z

Last edited by Joe Z; 01-11-16 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-11-16, 05:28 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 7No
Yeah, it's kind of a head scratcher. Why wouldn't Lexus up the hp a bit? If the car had 500+ hp and was lighter than the Fs, it might be worth another $20K.
Plan on around $120,000, if the 600+ HP F version gets built.
Old 01-11-16, 05:58 PM
ROK
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice - I'd never buy it, but nice nonetheless.
Old 01-11-16, 06:09 PM
Flogrown
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^^^Agreed^^^^^
Old 01-11-16, 06:32 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Raykwon02

IMO, the RC F looks better than the LC500. The LC500 will have the same engine and will cost more(at least 30k more). Lexus is making a BIG mistake putting the same motor into these cars(RC F, GS F, and now LC500). The performance will be relatively the same across all 3 vehicles. Let's hope they build an LC F and don't put an astronomical price tag on it. The future of F cars does not seem too bright unless Lexus makes a statement with the LC F.
Autoguide said that the Lexus representatives told them it was going to be less then 4100 lbs.
Old 01-11-16, 06:44 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I want one!
Nothing else to be said.
Old 01-11-16, 06:47 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by ba2sy
I wish LC500 also has an activated rear spoiler.
It does offer it optionally.

The sexy curves and flowing lines maintain a consistent tension in sheetmetal through to the rear end that features slimly designed, multi- layered tail lamps with a unique lighting effect that helps convey a sequential L motif. A rear diffuser and available active rear spoiler also help manage airflow during performance driving. It rides on machined cast aluminum 20-in. or available 21-in. forged aluminum wheels.
Source

Overall, LOVE the LC, but it will be 30K+ over the RC F and significantly more (another 30K on top?) for the rumored twin-turbo 600 hp LC F.

LC is out of my budget, but the RC F is still "affordable" and although I love the styling of the LC, the RC F with it's bulging hood screams more "muscle/performance car" (which I like) compared to the LC's svelte low hood.
Old 01-11-16, 11:05 PM
JCtx
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 7No
It's supposed to be lighter
No mention of weight at all is a bad sign man, so don't count on that. And remember lighter would apply to even 1 lb. But I could bet my house it'll be even heavier than our RC-F. And way more expensive with everything leather and much more luxurious. But no way in hell it'd sell in the 6-figure range with that meager power. The RC-F is pushing the envelope already, and the crappy sales only confirm that. And if Lexus doesn't learn to adjust production to demand, it'd flop too. Nobody likes to see 5 to 10K discounts months after the car comes out. At least it'll have a valved exhaust. And didn't get to the suspension , but it better have adjustable shocks. We'll see when final production details transpire.
Old 01-12-16, 04:44 AM
chaosrob
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice but I like the RCF better
Old 01-12-16, 05:56 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Before it was officially announced and the specs released I thought it might be worth seriously investigating...now I'm not too sure. If they offer an "F" version then I might take a closer look. Good looking car nonetheless, but I wish the performance would have been a lot more spectacular.
Old 01-12-16, 06:55 AM
toyotatom
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree with you, why have 3 cars with the same performance levels. My guess is the RCF will be retired or will get detuned to around 350 to 400 HP and a cheaper price and the LC500 will be the high performance car in the Lexus line up in the future. It makes no sense to have 2 2 door sport coupes on the floor with the same performance levels. Only Lexus knows the game plan

Originally Posted by Raykwon02

Old 01-12-16, 07:27 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotatom
I agree with you, why have 3 cars with the same performance levels. My guess is the RCF will be retired or will get detuned to around 350 to 400 HP and a cheaper price and the LC500 will be the high performance car in the Lexus line up in the future. It makes no sense to have 2 2 door sport coupes on the floor with the same performance levels. Only Lexus knows the game plan

It's to offer choice to the consumer with different body styles, materials quality, and designs.

The current F engine as the base LC 500's engine is telling of a more extreme engine for a future LC F.
Old 01-12-16, 08:29 AM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by toyotatom
I don't think so. By your logic, Chevrolet should cancel the Camaro since they have the Corvette. BMW should cancel M4, since they have M6. Also, the LC 500 is a high end luxury coupe which happens to be fast. It's aimed at the Mercedes S class coupe and BMW 6 series...not the AMG or M models...that will be s job for a LC F. LC is not meant to compete against M4 and S5.

Quick Reply: well the RCF is utter **** now