RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Question for RC-F/IS-F owners

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-16, 10:44 AM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Question for RC-F/IS-F owners

I have question for current RC-F owners who previously owned an IS-F. I am dying to get my hands on a V8 lexus and am on the fence of either purchasing a used IS-F and save some money or wait a year to find a nice used RC-F. What are your thoughts between the two? Would it be worth the wait for the RC-F? Thanks guys!
Old 01-08-16, 10:51 AM
CalboyF
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by geero
I have question for current RC-F owners who previously owned an IS-F. I am dying to get my hands on a V8 lexus and am on the fence of either purchasing a used IS-F and save some money or wait a year to find a nice used RC-F. What are your thoughts between the two? Would it be worth the wait for the RC-F? Thanks guys!
go with the RCF. it packs more tech and amenities and it handles and drives better than ISF
Old 01-08-16, 10:56 AM
Frog98
Lead Lap

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

I went to my local dealer to look at a used RC-F with 4000 miles on it. Used price was really high. Ended up with a new one for $1000 more than they were asking for the used one. Good deals to be had on new 2015 models if you can swing it. But later this year, I would think used prices should be coming down.

Last edited by Frog98; 01-08-16 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-08-16, 11:23 AM
metaleckz
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by geero
Ask that on the isf section, youll get a different answer. Lol.
Old 01-08-16, 11:49 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Received 144 Likes on 119 Posts

ask yourself if you want a 2 or 4 door. if it doesn't matter, next thing would be price. if you asked me now which i would choose, i would pic RCF jjust because its a newer car and i like new gadgets that come with new model anything. If i was looking for speed and somewhat on a budget, i would pick ISF because its around the same speed. This is if you want to stick to the lexus brand and want the v8.
Old 01-08-16, 12:11 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The ML sound system in my RC F is significantly better than the ML system in the 2011 IS F that I had. I also like the lane change warning tech in the RC F. RC F styling and oem wheels are better. The RC F infotainment track pad sucks, however.
Old 01-08-16, 12:17 PM
weswork
Intermediate

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
ask yourself if you want a 2 or 4 door. if it doesn't matter, next thing would be price. if you asked me now which i would choose, i would pic RCF jjust because its a newer car and i like new gadgets that come with new model anything. If i was looking for speed and somewhat on a budget, i would pick ISF because its around the same speed. This is if you want to stick to the lexus brand and want the v8.
THIS! ^^

10char
Old 01-08-16, 03:32 PM
JT2MA71

Received 1,518 Likes on 659 Posts

In traded my 2013 IS-F for a new 2015 RC-F. I love everything about the RC-F and don't miss anything from the IS-F.
But it all depends on what you want. I mainly did not need the 4 door anymore and the refinements on the RC-F is just a plus.
Old 01-08-16, 04:43 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

As mentioned, it's more about do you want a 2-door or 4-door. This is my first 2-door car "ever"......and I'll be honest, I miss having the extra two doors at times but I'd still do the RCF.

Another thought is whether or not Lexus will bring out a newly designed ISF? The new styling of the IS350 F-Sports are nice, and I can only imagine a newly designed 4-door ISF would look pretty badass as well.....but I have no idea if Lexus is even considering it, especially since they just released the GSF.

2015's are selling for stupid cheap right now, so you could get up to $10,000 off of MSRP if you find the right dealer. I got $6,000 off of mine, and wish I would have waited a few more months (oh well).

I bet you could find a good deal on a used ISF as well, but I wouldn't want to buy a used ISF as you don't know how the person before you drove it......think of how you drive rental cars, lol.
Old 01-08-16, 05:46 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

I had the 2012 IS F--a great car. I bought the carbon TVD RC F and have never looked back.

Old 01-08-16, 05:49 PM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by toystry
As mentioned, it's more about do you want a 2-door or 4-door. This is my first 2-door car "ever"......and I'll be honest, I miss having the extra two doors at times but I'd still do the RCF.

Another thought is whether or not Lexus will bring out a newly designed ISF? The new styling of the IS350 F-Sports are nice, and I can only imagine a newly designed 4-door ISF would look pretty badass as well.....but I have no idea if Lexus is even considering it, especially since they just released the GSF.

2015's are selling for stupid cheap right now, so you could get up to $10,000 off of MSRP if you find the right dealer. I got $6,000 off of mine, and wish I would have waited a few more months (oh well).

I bet you could find a good deal on a used ISF as well, but I wouldn't want to buy a used ISF as you don't know how the person before you drove it......think of how you drive rental cars, lol.
10k off of msrp? hmm, im sure you could squeeze a bit more out of that too. also if i traded back in teh ISF, that would be a pretty cheap payment for the RCF. damn why did you have to post this!
Old 01-08-16, 06:31 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ISFPOWER
10k off of msrp? hmm, im sure you could squeeze a bit more out of that too. also if i traded back in teh ISF, that would be a pretty cheap payment for the RCF. damn why did you have to post this!
Yep sucks for sure. I thought I did good with $6000 off, but they can't give the 2015 RCF's away right now.....sad to be honest.
Old 01-08-16, 10:09 PM
geero
Pole Position

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

thanks for all the responses! i love the look of the rc-f & if there performance is that much better then i definitely will be patient & find a nice rc-f. im currently leasing an IS350 fsport but the v8 is just calling my name. plan was to get isf/rcf & give my IS350 to wifee. guess isf is off the table
Old 01-08-16, 11:35 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,423 Likes on 1,744 Posts

I was exactly in that same spot. I was about to pull the trigger on a '11 or '12 ISF, but then decided to wait it out to get the RCF because of the higher revving (and more sonorous) engine, interior, exterior and more modern technology etc. The downside is, I want a 4 door because of the 17 month old baby daughter, but my theory is I will be able to make a coupe work. Ideally, I would like to get a 2nd gen ISF, but that might not happen due to the GSF so RCF is the only choice.
Old 01-09-16, 10:50 AM
ISFPOWER
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by toystry
Yep sucks for sure. I thought I did good with $6000 off, but they can't give the 2015 RCF's away right now.....sad to be honest.
you are right. ive got a quote today for 14k off of brand new 2015 with the options and color i want from florida (thats where i bought my ISF.) this is 14k before a bit more savings i know i can get. this leaves me at 55k for a brand new RCF. with my trade in which they offered me 27k, im looking at 28k loan at a 1.9 interest rate with a 0 money down.

Quick Reply: Question for RC-F/IS-F owners