$5K promotion on 2015 RCF through Lexus Finance

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-16, 08:39 PM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by omnikey
IMHO, the RC F is targeted at those who want a sports car that is capable of sub-5 second 0-60, with Lexus quality, and who like the look of the Lexus spindle grille, etc. I think the RC 350 has killer looks, just does not perform as well as the RC F.
Agreed... the RC F is a LUXURY Sports Coupe... If only it was about 300lb lighter and had about 50 more torque is would have been perfectly balanced.

The RC-350 should have been at least 350HP (backup the 350 up! LOL) , so its definitely under powered with the amount of weight it carries...
Old 01-06-16, 08:42 PM
omnikey
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
AGREED. I have been dead set in picking up an RCF for the past month and I had a buyer lined up for my RC350 but the takeover process was dragging on and so I got over it a few days ago and I'm just keeping the RC350. I will probably stick with the original plan and buy a GTR after my lease is up next April.

NOW IS DEFINITELY THE TIME TO BUY A 2015 RCF
I visited and called a bunch of dealers over the last week. I can tell you they really want to unload their 2015 RC Fs. Some of them initially did not want to deal much, but now they are calling me back with lower prices.
I think the $79 - $80K models are particularly hard to sell. If you are serious about purchasing a 2015, I would not fart around.
Old 01-06-16, 09:53 PM
jezwashere
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SethNaga
Yes I can afford it. I was looking at Brand new Boxster S at 75K. Little high price for me, so was looking RC 350

Any idea, how much I can negotiate on RC F? MSRP is 72K. Fully loaded is 78K. I don't lease it, but buy it outright.
I paid $70k for mine, fully optioned, brand new. Sticker price was $79k, so after taxes I effectively got $15k off.
Old 01-07-16, 04:33 AM
omnikey
Rookie

Which Customer RC F is targeted? It is a 8 cylinder Luxury sports car with poor mileage. I would love to buy RCF and use it as a 'daily driven car to office' if I get a better mileage. For me, RC 350 will serve the purpose.
Just curious, what is good mileage to you?

The RC F in "Eco" model gets somewhere in the mid-20's. Most of the RC line gets 28, as does the Lexus flagship RX crossover. Only the RC 200 gets above 30 highway. Someone who really wants mileage should look at the Es 300h, its pretty phenomenal at nearly 40 MPG.

I can see how someone who looks at mileage as a major concern is driven away from the RC F, since it is going to have higher operating costs that the RC 350, with tires, brakes, and more frequent oil changes (assuming the RC 350 uses synthetic oil and goes 10K between changes, I don't actually know if this is true). Insurance is certainly higher too. This is the price of driving a high performance car. You are smart to look at it with eyes wide open.
Old 01-07-16, 04:52 AM
omnikey
Rookie

Yes I can afford it. I was looking at Brand new Boxster S at 75K. Little high price for me, so was looking RC 350

Any idea, how much I can negotiate on RC F? MSRP is 72K. Fully loaded is 78K. I don't lease it, but buy it outright.
Use cars.com and set a radius of 100 - 200 miles from you and find a bunch of dealers, and contact them by phone.
Telll them you are looking for a minimum of $10K off on their end.This does NOT include the $5K from Lexus finance. Remember, this $5K from Lexus finance costs the dealer nothing. The advantage of this approach is it forces them to raise their price. You are using "anchor bias" to YOUR advantage. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchoring)

Before making the call, check out the dealer inventory and see which car interests you, and refer to this car when you call them. Unusual cars like Molten Pearl or carbon fiber/TVD are harder to sell, and you should point this out to the dealer, if you take an interest in one of these cars.

Let them give you a price, and if it is not high enough, they will call back in a day or too. Quiet Lexus dealerships in January have a certain magic that works on these sales people. Sometimes you might encounter a total jerk on the phone. In this case, the follow-up call may be from someone else at the dealership.

Once you get a good price, use it to beat up other dealers, who might have cars that interest you more. Tell the other dealers "I got $15K off total from Lexus of Marin" or whatever.

If you run into a car with mileage on it, used as a demo car, I would not touch these cars for more than $58K. They are used, heavily used in most cases, and will probably need new tires in a few thousand miles.

Hope this helps!
Old 01-07-16, 05:23 AM
ghoffner
Driver

Use cars.com and set a radius of 100 - 200 miles from you and find a bunch of dealers, and contact them by phone.
Telll them you are looking for a minimum of $10K off on their end.This does NOT include the $5K from Lexus finance. Remember, this $5K from Lexus finance costs the dealer nothing. The advantage of this approach is it forces them to raise their price. You are using "anchor bias" to YOUR advantage. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anchoring)

Before making the call, check out the dealer inventory and see which car interests you, and refer to this car when you call them. Unusual cars like Molten Pearl or carbon fiber/TVD are harder to sell, and you should point this out to the dealer, if you take an interest in one of these cars.

Let them give you a price, and if it is not high enough, they will call back in a day or too. Quiet Lexus dealerships in January have a certain magic that works on these sales people. Sometimes you might encounter a total jerk on the phone. In this case, the follow-up call may be from someone else at the dealership.

Once you get a good price, use it to beat up other dealers, who might have cars that interest you more. Tell the other dealers "I got $15K off total from Lexus of Marin" or whatever.

If you run into a car with mileage on it, used as a demo car, I would not touch these cars for more than $58K. They are used, heavily used in most cases, and will probably need new tires in a few thousand miles.

Hope this helps!
^^^^ x 100.
I would not buy/lease any RCF without at least $10k off MSRP and the additional $5k from lexus financial. This is absolutely obtainable right now on 2015 models.
I leased my RCF in the beginning of November. The car had a MSRP of $73,074 and I managed to negotiate $9,100 off and an additional $3,000 from Lexus financial.
Old 01-07-16, 06:34 AM
MrPLP
Driver School Candidate

I'm actually working on a 2015 RC-F now, and would like to use the 5k to offset the negative equity of my current lease. Do you guys think it's unrealistic to obtain 12-13K off a 2015 RC-F with a MRSP of $73,450? What should the "bottom dollar" be?
(I've read that some of you obtained 9K-10K before, and the dealer discounted 8K as an initial "thank you for contacting us" quote)
Old 01-07-16, 07:46 AM
omnikey
Rookie

Originally Posted by MrPLP
I'm actually working on a 2015 RC-F now, and would like to use the 5k to offset the negative equity of my current lease. Do you guys think it's unrealistic to obtain 12-13K off a 2015 RC-F with a MRSP of $73,450? What should the "bottom dollar" be?
(I've read that some of you obtained 9K-10K before, and the dealer discounted 8K as an initial "thank you for contacting us" quote)
I think its totally realistic. The economy is not really looking good right now, especially with the news out of China. If your config is not novel, you should shop other dealers. What color are you looking for?

Also, one tactic that works with dealers is to indicate that you are looking at other car brands, and without a decent discount from the lower to mid $70K range on the RC F, you could just get a Porsche Cayman S with a double clutch transmission or a lower mileage used 911 Carrera. (The base on the Cayman S is only $63K, so this is a potent threat. BTW, this may actually be a good thing to consider. I am just too tall for the Cayman as a daily driver, but it is incredible to drive!)
It has been my experience that Lexus dealers simply do not know how to react to the word "Porsche" since it is such a gold standard. BMW and Audi are easier to criticize since they are more expensive, and of lower quality.
Old 01-07-16, 08:06 AM
MrPLP
Driver School Candidate

I think its totally realistic. The economy is not really looking good right now, especially with the news out of China. If your config is not novel, you should shop other dealers. What color are you looking for?

Also, one tactic that works with dealers is to indicate that you are looking at other car brands, and without a decent discount from the lower to mid $70K range on the RC F, you could just get a Porsche Cayman S with a double clutch transmission or a lower mileage used 911 Carrera. (The base on the Cayman S is only $63K, so this is a potent threat. BTW, this may actually be a good thing to consider. I am just too tall for the Cayman as a daily driver, but it is incredible to drive!)
It has been my experience that Lexus dealers simply do not know how to react to the word "Porsche" since it is such a gold standard. BMW and Audi are easier to criticize since they are more expensive, and of lower quality.
This is great advise, thanks. I'm stuck on black on black as a color combo(as my current and past vehicles have been). With that said, there's only one 1 2015 RC-F with this color combo in a 75 mile radius, and it's the one I'm negotiating...
Old 01-07-16, 09:26 AM
ohiois350
Pole Position

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Hope this helps!
Omnikey, did you end up got a deal at a local dealer? And which one you got it from? I saw one 15" black with red combo at easton dealer,
Old 01-07-16, 09:45 AM
finny76
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by MrPLP
This is great advise, thanks. I'm stuck on black on black as a color combo(as my current and past vehicles have been). With that said, there's only one 1 2015 RC-F with this color combo in a 75 mile radius, and it's the one I'm negotiating...
Its a buyers market at the moment for the RCFs. The only catch is that there are only a handful of RCFs left, so that means more than one person may be wanting to get a deal. Either ways, please post your deal once you are done
Old 01-07-16, 07:22 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

If rcf is a hard sell, what would happen to the gsf? Pricier and more exotic competition when a car enters six figure area.
Old 01-07-16, 07:57 PM
FSportDRM
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got an email from a local dealer, they are only offering a 5k discount, this is in Southern California though.
Old 01-08-16, 06:53 AM
omnikey
Rookie

Originally Posted by ssmoked
If rcf is a hard sell, what would happen to the gsf? Pricier and more exotic competition when a car enters six figure area.
This is a good point. I am perplexed as to Lexus is forcing the TVD on GSF buyers.
Old 01-08-16, 06:54 AM
omnikey
Rookie

Originally Posted by FSportDRM
I got an email from a local dealer, they are only offering a 5k discount, this is in Southern California though.
This is the most basic discount, but larger dealers may do this if they can stomach waiting around for months for other buyers.

Quick Reply: $5K promotion on 2015 RCF through Lexus Finance