RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Leaning towards the RC F, have a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-15, 12:05 AM
milk242
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leaning towards the RC F, have a few questions

I have a few questions on the RC F or I guess Lexus in general. Performance is important to me, but so is technology.

1. How is the Lexus navigation system? Noticeable lag?
2. I use Spotify for my music source on my iPhone 6s, how well does it integrate with that? Does album art stream via BT to the navigation screen?
3. Are the voice controls fairly intuitive and any useful? Also along those lines, I'd like to confirm that Siri eyes free is available on the 2015 RCF? And if so, is it easy to activate?
4. Is there any hack available to keep the exhaust valves open?
5. If anyone is coming from an S4 or S5 with a 3.0 super charged V6 engine, how does the performance compare? Seems like my Stage 2 for 1/4 is close to the the trap speed and time for the RC F and on cold days, I could also do 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. Reason I ask is, it doesn't really make sense for me to go from a car with similar performance to another car with similar performance, I'd like a noticeable upgrade in terms of performance and I didn't really get to push the RC F too hard since it was raining that day.

Thanks everyone

Last edited by milk242; 12-13-15 at 12:19 AM.
Old 12-13-15, 06:14 AM
Santanas
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by milk242
I have a few questions on the RC F or I guess Lexus in general. Performance is important to me, but so is technology.

1. How is the Lexus navigation system? Noticeable lag?
2. I use Spotify for my music source on my iPhone 6s, how well does it integrate with that? Does album art stream via BT to the navigation screen?
3. Are the voice controls fairly intuitive and any useful? Also along those lines, I'd like to confirm that Siri eyes free is available on the 2015 RCF? And if so, is it easy to activate?
4. Is there any hack available to keep the exhaust valves open?
5. If anyone is coming from an S4 or S5 with a 3.0 super charged V6 engine, how does the performance compare? Seems like my Stage 2 for 1/4 is close to the the trap speed and time for the RC F and on cold days, I could also do 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. Reason I ask is, it doesn't really make sense for me to go from a car with similar performance to another car with similar performance, I'd like a noticeable upgrade in terms of performance and I didn't really get to push the RC F too hard since it was raining that day.

Thanks everyone
1. Navigation is great, no lags while in route.
2. I personally use Apple Music and it works great, now since Lexus uses Gracenote to populate album art sometimes it doesnt show the one coming up on your phone, other than that you should have full control off the app via BT.
3. Voice controls suck in every Lexus, it is extremely dumb, you will find your self repeating the same address thru voice commands several times before it gets it right if using navigation for example. Siri does works and you just need to have the iPhone connected thru BT, leave phone icon on the steering wheel pressed for a few seconds and Siri will come up, and thats it, you jist talk to Siri, your questions will be answered via speakers nothing on the screen.
4. No that I know off, reason why everybody would buy Joe Z, Apexi or Meister exhaust (our thing is quiet and when it does sound there is to much electronic sound fed in to it.
5. All I gotta say is that you are comming from Audi Quattro, dont think on a launch would compare to the RWD RCF, only complaint is that it is a heavy car, but other than that I would go for it since Audi is stuck in the past with their interior desing and exterior...well they all look alike, reason why I went from a VW CC 4Motion, to an S5, then onto Lexus and still here.
Old 12-13-15, 12:11 PM
milk242
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Santanas
1. Navigation is great, no lags while in route.
2. I personally use Apple Music and it works great, now since Lexus uses Gracenote to populate album art sometimes it doesnt show the one coming up on your phone, other than that you should have full control off the app via BT.
3. Voice controls suck in every Lexus, it is extremely dumb, you will find your self repeating the same address thru voice commands several times before it gets it right if using navigation for example. Siri does works and you just need to have the iPhone connected thru BT, leave phone icon on the steering wheel pressed for a few seconds and Siri will come up, and thats it, you jist talk to Siri, your questions will be answered via speakers nothing on the screen.
4. No that I know off, reason why everybody would buy Joe Z, Apexi or Meister exhaust (our thing is quiet and when it does sound there is to much electronic sound fed in to it.
5. All I gotta say is that you are comming from Audi Quattro, dont think on a launch would compare to the RWD RCF, only complaint is that it is a heavy car, but other than that I would go for it since Audi is stuck in the past with their interior desing and exterior...well they all look alike, reason why I went from a VW CC 4Motion, to an S5, then onto Lexus and still here.
Thanks for the reply, so album art exclusively comes from the built in grace note database? No way to pull it from your own song's data?

This will be my first RWD car, I've always driven AWD or FWD and I've been pampered by the AWD in slick conditions. I plan to lease my next car (since I seem to switch often) so I probably won't do any mods to it so I just wanted something someone faster than what I was coming from. I do agree, Audi's interior and exterior design is stuck on repeat, but for some reason, comparing an old Audi to an old BMW or any other make, the Audi still looks newer (probably due to having very subdued designs)
Old 12-13-15, 12:48 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Thanks for the reply, so album art exclusively comes from the built in grace note database? No way to pull it from your own song's data?

This will be my first RWD car, I've always driven AWD or FWD and I've been pampered by the AWD in slick conditions. I plan to lease my next car (since I seem to switch often) so I probably won't do any mods to it so I just wanted something someone faster than what I was coming from. I do agree, Audi's interior and exterior design is stuck on repeat, but for some reason, comparing an old Audi to an old BMW or any other make, the Audi still looks newer (probably due to having very subdued designs)
I drove various model AWD Porsche turbos as daily drivers for over 10 years. I too was used to AWD and a whole lot of low end torque. I find the RCF is a hoot to drive and am completely satisfied with it as my daily driver. Don't know anything about other stuff as I have never taken the time to figure out any of the features. My sole Audi experience was the very first TT225 ho AWD delivered in the Eastern US way back when. It sat and never got used, although I liked the looks of it when it first came out.
Old 12-13-15, 05:14 PM
7No
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do agree, Audi's interior and exterior design is stuck on repeat, but for some reason, comparing an old Audi to an old BMW or any other make, the Audi still looks newer (probably due to having very subdued designs)
Older perhaps, but the Audi MMI system is superior to the RC F track pad (which is abysmal).

RC F looks easily eclipse any Audi (except the R8).

The performance of the RC F and your Audi are similar, BUT the RC F rumbling/bellowing V-8 is a lot more fun to drive than the whiny supercharged V-6 you are used to. If the Audi sounded like the F-Type V6 Jag, it would be better, but it does not.