RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

ok.. just an observation...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-15, 05:51 PM
batdude
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ok.. just an observation...

been a long time since i have been here.

still have my 2008 USB F. 75k miles and still the best car I have ever - EVER owned. Thanks to Joe-Z this car still makes me smile every day I drive it.

seriously considering the RC-F this fall (moved back to Florida finally - no more Colorado winters!)

but

has anyone noticed how many RC-F's there are on the used market??

It's just an observation - i'm not implying anything... but honestly it's kind of scary to see 33 used RC-Fs sitting on cars.com so quick.

doug
Old 07-24-15, 06:01 PM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not surprising. Its economics 101. There's little demand for the RC-F. The buyers in this market segment flock to the M4. This means a couple of things. First, the RC-F is going to depreciate more rapidly than normal (about 17% deprecation per year is the standard) and second the used market for the RC-F will be a gold mine for a potential buyer b/c high supply will drive prices down.
Old 07-24-15, 06:05 PM
batdude
Driver

good point - but it's nice when i go and look up dealer trade value on my car and see it's worth 1/2 what I paid for it nearly 8 years ago (!)

i always liked the F because you didn't see yourself coming and going down the road.... i guess that's what really drives me to the RC-F.... just not very many.

Speaking of -- has anyone leaked production counts on the RC-F for 2015?

d
Old 07-24-15, 06:11 PM
ISF001
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBatman
Not surprising. Its economics 101. There's little demand for the RC-F. The buyers in this market segment flock to the M4. This means a couple of things. First, the RC-F is going to depreciate more rapidly than normal (about 17% deprecation per year is the standard) and second the used market for the RC-F will be a gold mine for a potential buyer b/c high supply will drive prices down.
Sorry my friend, but I disagree. This is called compulsive buying...folks not knowing what they are purchasing.

Flock to the M4? There are 91 2015 used BMW M4s for sale.

The RC F will hold value better than the M4.
Old 07-24-15, 07:56 PM
waynetech2
Pole Position

Default ok.. just an observation...

Originally Posted by ISF001
Sorry my friend, but I disagree. This is called compulsive buying...folks not knowing what they are purchasing.

^^^this.....
Old 07-24-15, 09:21 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

That is just the BM flying in the RCF Forum & Flopping his Wings as Usual!
Old 07-24-15, 09:46 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Would it surprise anyone if 3x more M4's have been sold than Lexus has sold RCF's? Or do you think there has been more? I know I just saw my RCF a couple weeks ago but I've seen M4s pretty regularly.

And let's not forget...the M4 had a 4-5 month head start in sales.

I think the discrepancy is normal...
Old 07-24-15, 10:06 PM
Ryanmcd
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus is known for it's poor resale.

http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-res...ds/best-brand/

Best Luxury Brand: Lexus
Unofficially, Lexus has created a Best Resale Value dynasty. Four straight years as our best Best Luxury Brand when it comes to holding resale value over time is an unprecedented achievement, one that should should inject a full measure of legitimate overconfidence in buyers.

Last edited by Ryanmcd; 07-24-15 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-24-15, 10:22 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

O
Originally Posted by Ryanmcd
Lexus is known for it's poor resale.

http://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-res...ds/best-brand/

Best Luxury Brand: Lexus
Unofficially, Lexus has created a Best Resale Value dynasty. Four straight years as our best Best Luxury Brand when it comes to holding resale value over time is an unprecedented achievement, one that should should inject a full measure of legitimate overconfidence in buyers.
Not sure a lot can be gleaned from that when we are talking about both companies' 'niche' offerings. For sure the RCF isn't gonna have the steep depreciation of the M5/E63's of the world.

I would be interested to know...what are the residual rates on the leases for the RCF? I know I almost backed outta our order when the rate dropped from 59% to 55% (36 month...15k mile a year) on the M4 from 2015 to 2016.

Those residual rates let you know what the car maker thinks that the car will be worth. Anyone who has leased the F wanna chime in on their rate?
Old 07-24-15, 10:34 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Never mind. I did a search on RCF leases. And if folks are getting a MF of .0026 ...then Lexus can give you whatever residual you want. They're making their money on the interest ...
Old 07-24-15, 10:49 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by DrRick
Never mind. I did a search on RCF leases. And if folks are getting a MF of .0026 ...then Lexus can give you whatever residual you want. They're making their money on the interest ...
I would think that's on ANY lease, Doesn't Matter WHO or WHAT Brand it is!
Old 07-24-15, 11:03 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I would think that's on ANY lease, Doesn't Matter WHO or WHAT Brand it is!
So you're ok with a Lexus interest rate being twice that of BMW's? Must be nice being absurdly rich...

Charging what amounts to 6% interest (do the math) on a lease is robbery. But hey...if you like it, I love it

Last edited by DrRick; 07-24-15 at 11:18 PM.
Old 07-24-15, 11:16 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Originally Posted by DrRick
So you're ok with a Lexus interest rate being twice that of BMW's? Must be nice being absurdly rich...
I could care less about their interest rate, i've Never been a big proponent of Any lease Vehicle, but yeah it IS Nice to have a lil' money (i guess it all depends on what you consider Rich to be) YOU'RE the Dr. & YOUR Wife is the one getting the OVER Priced BMW!
Old 07-24-15, 11:27 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
I could care less about their interest rate, i've Never been a big proponent of Any lease Vehicle, but yeah it IS Nice to have a lil' money (i guess it all depends on what you consider Rich to be) YOU'RE the Dr. & YOUR Wife is the one getting the OVER Priced BMW!
You've added so much to this convo. At least I've advised folks to try to get a better deal. You might as well have found another sentence to add an exclamation point on. Smh...
Old 07-25-15, 05:43 AM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course there are 91 used M4s for sale, BMW production numbers on the M4 are much, much higher than Lexus's production numbers for the RC-F. And this is with demand outstripping supply for the M4 in the top markets (US, Australia, etc). Those M4s are going to hold their value. But the RC-Fs are going to see a precipitous drop in value.

Quick Reply: ok.. just an observation...