RC F (2015-present) Discussion topics related to the RC F model

Paint Chips

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-15, 03:45 PM
boriii
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Paint Chips

Picked up my car from the dealer today after having the fuel pump finally replaced and noticed a couple paint chips on the rear bumper and the rear seat wasn't even clipped on because the retaining clips broke. They said they can send the car to a shop and have the bumper fixed but I'm really against having the car taken apart because it never comes back the same... Any recommendations on how to fix this? Seems like some of the bumper got dug out too. Don't mind living with it if the only way to fix it is to have it repainted.

Last edited by boriii; 06-19-15 at 04:08 PM.
Old 06-19-15, 04:08 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Wow, that Sucks & on the REAR Bumper on Top of that (don't guess i've ever seen any that Bad on the Rear)! I would Definitely let a Professional do it unless you Know what you're doing! Were they on there Before you left it with them, if Not i'd Raise some Hell & get them to take care of it!
Old 06-19-15, 04:21 PM
DougHII
Lexus Test Driver

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

I would get them to pay diminution of value if it happened at the dealer.
Old 06-19-15, 04:46 PM
boriii
Rookie

Originally Posted by johnnyreb
Wow, that Sucks & on the REAR Bumper on Top of that (don't guess i've ever seen any that Bad on the Rear)! I would Definitely let a Professional do it unless you Know what you're doing! Were they on there Before you left it with them, if Not i'd Raise some Hell & get them to take care of it!
Wasn't there before. When I picked it up, there was some white stuff smeared there and one of the service guys cleaned it off and that's what was underneath. Atleast the paint and bumper are both dark colors lol.
Old 06-19-15, 05:13 PM
Venturi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are too deep to be fixed by touch up or any type of wet sanding.

The only way to fix it is with "great" paint shop.

Find the best in your area and have the dealership pay the bill

There is no other way
Old 06-19-15, 05:18 PM
boriii
Rookie

Originally Posted by Venturi

There is no other way
Dealer has their own body shop. Probably safe to just have them do it? Their shop will take a look at it when I take it back in for the backseat clips.
Old 06-19-15, 09:12 PM
johnnyreb
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Venturi

There is no other way
^^^^This! Like V said, there IS NO OTHER WAY (if what you said)! GL!
Old 06-20-15, 05:54 AM
TheBatman
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boriii
Picked up my car from the dealer today after having the fuel pump finally replaced and noticed a couple paint chips on the rear bumper and the rear seat wasn't even clipped on because the retaining clips broke. They said they can send the car to a shop and have the bumper fixed but I'm really against having the car taken apart because it never comes back the same... Any recommendations on how to fix this? Seems like some of the bumper got dug out too. Don't mind living with it if the only way to fix it is to have it repainted.
Why do you think that? That's ridiculous. Maybe this is true on a Ford, but not a Lexus with its level of fit and finish.

Like others have said, the bumper needs to be repainted. I wonder what they were doing back there in the first place.

Also, you need to have a good rapport with your service advisor and impress upon them that your car is your baby and that you're OCD about it. They will translate this to the tech(s) that work on your car. Most customers don't give a crap about their cars, but when a service advisor knows you're a no nonsense person they will make the extra effort to look out for your car. Always do a walk around inside and out when you drop your car off with them. And make all checks when you pick the car up and don't leave the lot without bringing anything out of the ordinary to their attention.

The weakness with these guys is their reviews from corporate. 9 out of 10 dealerships will care about this bigtime b/c it affects their business since the dealerships compete with one another regionally. So when they do a good job make sure you tell them that when corporate calls/emails you will give them a stellar review. If they muck something up then let them know that you're dissapointed with the service and that it will be impossible for you to give them a good review when corporate calls/emals you. This will usually put a fire under their butts.

Last edited by TheBatman; 06-20-15 at 05:59 AM.
Old 06-20-15, 07:50 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm surprised nobody here said "I would ask the dealership for a new car." lol. What horrible conditions on a new car :/
Old 06-22-15, 07:38 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 48 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
I'm surprised nobody here said "I would ask the dealership for a new car." lol. What horrible conditions on a new car :/
Wheat's the real likelihood of this coming to fruition? Seriously.