RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

BlackVue DR650s-2ch Dashcam

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-17, 08:12 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Angry BlackVue DR650s-2ch Dashcam

So last Sunday I was a stop sign, exiting a parking garage (making a right turn) and a driver in a GMC Yukon was making a left turn into the garage. They made a very narrow turn and scratched and partially cracked my driver side front bumper. I took down their insurance of course and the driver admitted fault. After filing a claim with their insurance and waiting a week to hear back from them to admit fault… it turns out they changed their story stating that I was the one that hit them by inching forward from the stop. When I bought this car, one of my first purchases was going to be a dashcam, but I got caught up in other mods. I just ordered the BlackVue DR650s-2 CH system today. I was wondering if anyone else has one and knows more about it, and if you guys have any install tips for the RC. I have already charted the path for the wires behind the panels but for the motion activated parking mode, for when the car is off, I have to run a wire from an external power source that comes with the camera, into the fuse box. If anyone has any input on the easiest way to access that, that would be great. Overall I have seen mixed reviews on this dashacam, but supposedly it is the best one on the market compared to others.

I was at the stop, and the Yukon was making a left turn into the garage from the spot that I took this picture.
Damage to my car is minimal... but you guys know the feeling... 1500 to repair at Lexus as they will be doing a full OEM replacement of the bumper.
Old 01-13-17, 08:25 AM
aries7286
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ouch! thats like taking a sucker punch to the jaw!

sorry to hear about your scenario. hope everything works out with the insurance claim!
Old 01-13-17, 09:03 AM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

The best purchase I have ever made, has caught many thing happen If you want me to post the video I can of the quality. I promise you it would have caught the person wrongfully telling a lie. I'm guessing your insurance is doing 50/50 blame.
The following users liked this post:
forcaport7 (01-13-17)
Old 01-13-17, 09:08 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by bigblack06
The best purchase I have ever made, has caught many thing happen If you want me to post the video I can of the quality. I promise you it would have caught the person wrongfully telling a lie. I'm guessing your insurance is doing 50/50 blame.
Yea that would be awesome! And I just opened the claim with my own insurance yesterday, so they still need to get the other driver's statement and look over the pictures I have posted here. Hopefully the adjuster will notice that the turn is at an angle, and that her claim that I inched forward, just does not make any sense as to how I would have hit the other car. Also these turn lanes are very wide, the driver of that vehicle made a very stupid, narrow turn, even for a car as big as a Yukon. I have also been told that these adjusters have a good sense of what happened just by looking at the damage. I have contacted mall security to see if they have any possible footage of the event. Given that this was an entrance to the garage I am hopeful that it was caught on camera.