RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Not sure if water marks or the window itself...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-15, 09:22 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Not sure if water marks or the window itself...

Hi guys so I have a question...
When I clean my windows I usually use invisiglass,
Amazon.com: Stoner 91164 Invisible Glass Cleaner - 19 oz.: Automotive Amazon.com: Stoner 91164 Invisible Glass Cleaner - 19 oz.: Automotive

and it makes my windows very clean, streak free... but when it is either really sunny or if I just wiped my windows with a damp microcloth... I see dried water marks. For the damp cloth, after it dries up you can't see it, but knowing it is there on a 2 month old car is just irritating me. After seeing this I bought some clay bars hoping it would get rid of it... no effect. Going to follow up with vinegar+distilled water, but I am going to make a hypothesis that it will not work also. So in the case that it does not work... should I ask and does the dealer buff out imperfect windows? or does anyone else have some ideas? thank you!
Old 09-10-15, 10:54 AM
JamesEarl
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are your windows tinted? Water marks in between tint and glass, possibly?
Old 09-10-15, 10:54 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JamesEarl
Are your windows tinted? Water marks in between tint and glass, possibly?
Have not modded the car besides a bolt on CAI
Old 09-10-15, 11:08 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SRC350F
Have not modded the car besides a bolt on CAI
I have the same problem and it's on the windshield. I also tried the water/vinegar treatment and nothing. What ever it is really etched into the window. I'm going to try to polish it out with a DA, glass polish, and see if that helps.
Old 09-10-15, 11:14 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GearHead69
I have the same problem and it's on the windshield. I also tried the water/vinegar treatment and nothing. What ever it is really etched into the window. I'm going to try to polish it out with a DA, glass polish, and see if that helps.
Thank you for letting me know that the water+vinegar does not help. I am hoping that the dealership will do this free of charge, but that is being optimistic...Please keep me posted of whether or not you where successful. I have this problem on every single window of the car...
Old 09-10-15, 12:08 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by SRC350F
Thank you for letting me know that the water+vinegar does not help. I am hoping that the dealership will do this free of charge, but that is being optimistic...Please keep me posted of whether or not you where successful. I have this problem on every single window of the car...
WOW, I'm sorry to hear that as the windshield is bad enough. Only thing I can think of is the dealer washed the car and used a towel to dry the windows instead of a squeegee. The towel left water still on the windows and they parked the car in the sun which baked the water's impurities into the windows. .

I'm going to try it on Friday morning and I will let you know how it came out.
Old 09-10-15, 12:27 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GearHead69
WOW, I'm sorry to hear that as the windshield is bad enough. Only thing I can think of is the dealer washed the car and used a towel to dry the windows instead of a squeegee. The towel left water still on the windows and they parked the car in the sun which baked the water's impurities into the windows. .

I'm going to try it on Friday morning and I will let you know how it came out.
I am pulling the lazy card... can you provide me a link on how to properly execute this? lol
Old 09-10-15, 01:48 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Sure here it is:

Old 11-08-15, 05:59 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

While at SEMA last week I stopped by this booth that advertised it could take off water spots from most anything including windshields. I got a sample and this weekend I tried it and it works really well. If you are interested here is the link: http://www.bio-cleanproducts.com/
Old 11-08-15, 08:11 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

did you guys clean the inside of the glass?
Old 11-08-15, 10:32 PM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I use CarPro Waterspot remover with great results. Highly Recommend any of their products.
Old 11-09-15, 05:12 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by xbladex00
did you guys clean the inside of the glass?
Yes, that was the first thing I did. It was definitely on the outside, and now it is gone.
Old 11-10-15, 02:38 AM
Adoc
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what I have on my windshield. Just noticed it in heavy rain after 5 weeks of ownership

Old 11-10-15, 08:28 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What I've noticed are tiny dull cloudy spots on my windshield. Not sure if this is what some of you are experiencing, but this is from hard water. What I've done is to clay-bar the windshield, then put on a shiny slippery protective coating with my Optimum No Rinse diluted in a spray bottle.

For me, in my DRY climate, Stoner's Invisible Glass sucks, as it streaks and is over-priced.
Old 11-11-15, 07:31 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Adoc
Here is what I have on my windshield. Just noticed it in heavy rain after 5 weeks of ownership

ahhaha... i have on a smaller scale, the same notation, it has the #8705 or something like that - my assumption was the # of cars in the US? I do not know...

Quick Reply: Not sure if water marks or the window itself...