RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Not sure if water marks or the window itself...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-15, 07:35 AM
Adoc
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SRC350F
ahhaha... i have on a smaller scale, the same notation, it has the #8705 or something like that - my assumption was the # of cars in the US? I do not know...
I had it in the upper and lower left windshield. I used Meguiars M105 on a light cutting pad to rub it out. Once I noticed it I couldn't take me eyes off it lol.
Old 11-19-15, 08:08 AM
DanCoCo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a water spot issue as well. I tried everything even lemon/lime juice lol. I have a FLEX XC3401 VRG on my wish list i will try a product and a cutting pad & see if i can get them gone.

thanks to all my cleaning attempts i have put very small fine scratches on my glass(kinda like the swirl paint marks) you only see in direct sunlight. they aren't bad a few inches apart but being that i have 1 month with the car its pretty silly.
Old 11-19-15, 05:38 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by CoCoHimsel
I have a water spot issue as well. I tried everything even lemon/lime juice lol. I have a FLEX XC3401 VRG on my wish list i will try a product and a cutting pad & see if i can get them gone.

thanks to all my cleaning attempts i have put very small fine scratches on my glass(kinda like the swirl paint marks) you only see in direct sunlight. they aren't bad a few inches apart but being that i have 1 month with the car its pretty silly.
I have numbers on my windshield that show when its foggy. Invisible otherwise. It's the lot / locator number written on the windshield from the dealer while on the lot. Whatever they used doesn't fully come off. I thought someone wrote something on my windshield the first time I noticed in the rain until I made the connection. Tried polishing the glass and the "ghost" still appears when foggy. Point said: Lexus glass is very soft and porous. It is very delicate and blemishes easily. They need to change their glass or provide a coating that makes the glass more durable. Definitely most high maintenance out of any car brand I've had.

Last edited by FUZCO; 11-19-15 at 05:41 PM.
Old 11-20-15, 07:21 PM
xbladex00
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Since we're on the topic of wind shields, I have these streak marks that don't go away, also these tiny specks that reveal in the light. I have never replaced, waxed, clayed, or sealant the windshield. any idea? I heard i might have to polish the glass which is difficult.
Old 11-21-15, 04:17 AM
Adoc
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FUZCO
I have numbers on my windshield that show when its foggy. Invisible otherwise. It's the lot / locator number written on the windshield from the dealer while on the lot. Whatever they used doesn't fully come off. I thought someone wrote something on my windshield the first time I noticed in the rain until I made the connection. Tried polishing the glass and the "ghost" still appears when foggy. Point said: Lexus glass is very soft and porous. It is very delicate and blemishes easily. They need to change their glass or provide a coating that makes the glass more durable. Definitely most high maintenance out of any car brand I've had.
See my post above. I used Meguiars M105 on a non scratch pad on the wet windshield and it removed it without any issues. Good luck