RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Secret button - guess what it is

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-15, 09:22 PM
Armitutz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was for the moon roof shade..we have the triple LED headlights here in Guam too but not that secret button. Good to know what that is, hehehe..
Old 07-29-15, 01:54 PM
njlexusguy
Driver School Candidate

Default Secret Button

I have the same button on my RC here in the US. It turns on/off interior lights. I know because I couldn't figure out why my floor lights did not go on when I opened the door. Contacted my dealer and they told me to press this button and wow the lights came on.
Old 07-29-15, 04:02 PM
Nightcrawl
Driver

Originally Posted by njlexusguy
I have the same button on my RC here in the US. It turns on/off interior lights. I know because I couldn't figure out why my floor lights did not go on when I opened the door. Contacted my dealer and they told me to press this button and wow the lights came on.
That would be the button on the right. I'm talking about the one on the left. It displays a status on the sliding gauge as well. Also note the lack of an SOS button on the Australian spec cars.

Old 07-29-15, 05:51 PM
AussieRC
Rookie

Originally Posted by Nightcrawl
That would be the button on the right. I'm talking about the one on the left. It displays a status on the sliding gauge as well. Also note the lack of an SOS button on the Australian spec cars.

And no garage opener on the rear vision mirror as well unfortunately....
Old 07-29-15, 06:58 PM
Nightcrawl
Driver

Originally Posted by AussieRC
And no garage opener on the rear vision mirror as well unfortunately....
I know. Isn't that a disappointment. I was thinking of disassembling my garage door remote ($20 from eBay) and installing the guts of it in the appropriate place, and then hooking it up to a button installed in one of the blanks down near the boot release button, below the steering wheel.
Old 07-29-15, 08:06 PM
AussieRC
Rookie

I know. Isn't that a disappointment. I was thinking of disassembling my garage door remote ($20 from eBay) and installing the guts of it in the appropriate place, and then hooking it up to a button installed in one of the blanks down near the boot release button, below the steering wheel.
That's keen! those blank plates look terrible in the RC - like a cheap bottom of the range car. A few other things I would like in the Aussie version are the foglights on the FSport, heated steering wheel and windscreen washer (you don't have to live in Canada or the US to have sub zero temps in Oz (eg Canberra!), and the remote start function...
Old 07-29-15, 09:32 PM
radcoupe
Driver

Our RC models here in Australia have a few anomalies. We get the tri-LED headlights, LED turn signals (in the DRL), power side mirrors etc. We also have this secret button near the sunroof controller. Can you guess what it does?

I don't get why the US RC's cant come with the simple features as the tri lights, DRL led turn signal, and power folding mirrors...It's not fairrrr haha jk. Those are the items I feel is lacking after driving my RC for 3 months. It's embarrassing having to manually fold in and out the windows sometimes! Especially if there are cute girls parked across from you :-(
Old 07-30-15, 04:51 AM
bubbleG
Driver School Candidate

Sadly, we miss out on individual tire pressure level on dash in Aus. There is TPMS for warning light when losing pressure but not the PSI level of each wheel.

Had it for 3 weeks, loving it!
Old 08-01-15, 07:53 AM
Chinky2
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i wish we had feature here