RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

I finally got White RC F Sports. (Couple of questions!)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-15, 09:58 PM
yooin14
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I finally got White RC F Sports. (Couple of questions!)

Hi all,

I finally got a fully optioned White RC F Sports w/ rear spoiler. I love everything so far but I have couple of questions.

1) open the window with key fob.
- I heard the dealer needs to enable this feature. is this true? ( press unlock twice and hold it doesnt work right now.)

- is it possible to close windows back with key fob??

2) turning on the car with key fob.

- If my Lexus enform app is expired, this feature also doesnt work with key fob?
- the car shut off if I open the door after i turned on the car with key fob. is this normal? How do I change this setting so that the car does not shut off.
- does car try to match the inside temperature to 72 degree whether its cold or hot outside? ( After it is turned on with key fob)
- Is there any way to shut off the car with key fob? ( After it is turned on with key fob)

3) How to send an address I found or copied on my phone and send it to the navigation on the car? any instruction?

4) There is compass feature in the center mirror according to the RC manual. To enable or turn it off, i need to press down the button on the right for the 3 sec ( the dim button next to 3 home gate buttons). However, it doesnt work for me. am I missing something?

5) Is there any shorcut button to change music folders in USB instead of changing it manually in music screen.

While I really appreciate any helpful answers, if there are any hidden or very useful features that most of people might miss, feel free to answer below.

Thank you!

Last edited by yooin14; 05-25-15 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-25-15, 10:23 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Congrats on your new car! Post some pics.

1) Easiest way to get this feature working is to have the dealer program it. Alternatively, you can buy the Carista app and OBD plug and do the changes yourself. I have asked the dealer, and you can't close windows with fob.

2) Lexus Enform app is free forever. Lexus Safety Connect is the 1-year trial we have that allows remote start. The capability to start the car with your phone and key fob will be disabled when the subscription expires since it uses the data connection from Safety Connect. Car shutting off when door is open is normal and cannot be changed. Probably a safety feature so no one can steal your car. The car tries to bring the temperature down to the last climate setting before you left the car. I think you can shut off the car with fob by unlocking the car.

3) Saved Destinations through Enform App:
A) Download the Lexus Enform App Suite.
B) Setup an account (free) or login.
C) Then use the bing icon to make a search.
D) Select your destination and hit "Save."
E) Then go to your car and make sure Bluetooth on phone is on and Enform app is running.
F)Select "Saved Destinations" in Lexus App Suite on the car
G) Sync list and you should see your list of places
H)Click on the one you want and select "Go To".

It's easier than it looks once you get it. Saved Destinations feature remains free, unlike eDestinations which is tied in with Safety Connect (1-year trial).

eDestinations through Safety Connect:
A) Go to drivers.lexus.com
B) Setup an account (free) or login
C) Select eDestinations icon
D) Find your destination
E) Create a folder and save destination into it
F) Select sync with car
G) Go to car and select Destination, then POI
H) Select eDestinations and download
I) Click on folder, select your place, hit "Go to"

4) I don't think it has a compass in the mirror then. Maybe that's for a different region spec?

5) You might be able to use voice command.
Old 05-25-15, 10:27 PM
yooin14
Driver School Candidate

My previous Acura TL SH-AWD. I really feel how the tourgue vectoring worked really well after I drove my new RC F Sports but I love everything else in RC.

Last edited by yooin14; 05-25-15 at 10:32 PM.
Old 05-25-15, 10:33 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Great color combo! Planning any mods?

Some simple improvements would be changing doors, pedals, mirror puddles, trunk, and reverse bulbs to LED.
Old 05-25-15, 10:35 PM
yooin14
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dchar
Great color combo! Planning any mods?

Some simple improvements would be changing door, mirror puddle, trunk, and reverse bulbs to LED.
Hi,

Yes! Tints are on the way this week. I also changed out white led for the door courtesy lights and trunk. I will also change the footwell lights.
Old 05-25-15, 10:41 PM
yooin14
Driver School Candidate

Congrats on your new car! Post some pics.

4) I don't think it has a compass in the mirror then. Maybe that's for a different region spec?
it is said in the page 447 in the thick manual book.
Old 05-25-15, 10:42 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by yooin14
Hi,

Yes! Tints are on the way this week. I also changed out white led for the door courtesy lights and trunk. I will also change the footwell lights.
Nice! Idk if you noticed since the bulbs are so dim... but if walk up to your locked car with your key in pocket, there are puddle lights that shine from your mirrors. A lot of owners change them out to LED and difference is huge. Here's a link for some instructions: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...light-led.html
Old 05-25-15, 10:47 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

it is said in the page 447 in the thick manual book.
That's true...but there's an asterisk next to Compass in the manual, and the fine print below says "if equipped." I guess US-spec cars don't get it.
Old 05-25-15, 10:52 PM
yooin14
Driver School Candidate

That's true...but there's an asterisk next to Compass in the manual, and the fine print below says "if equipped." I guess US-spec cars don't get it.
lol. Thank you for all your answers. I love this car.
Old 05-25-15, 10:54 PM
yooin14
Driver School Candidate

Nice! Idk if you noticed since the bulbs are so dim... but if walk up to your locked car with your key in pocket, there are puddle lights that shine from your mirrors. A lot of owners change them out to LED and difference is huge. Here's a link for some instructions: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...light-led.html
hmm.. If i am not mistaken, the puddle lights shine the inside of the door handle.( Not the side mirror) They are already white and looks good.
Old 05-25-15, 11:10 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

hmm.. If i am not mistaken, the puddle lights shine the inside of the door handle.( Not the side mirror) They are already white and looks good.
Hmm...but I see the little indents where the puddle lights would be on the bottom of your side mirrors in your pics. Check when you have time.

How do you like it compared to your Acura?
Old 05-26-15, 12:10 AM
yooin14
Driver School Candidate

Hmm...but I see the little indents where the puddle lights would be on the bottom of your side mirrors in your pics. Check when you have time.

How do you like it compared to your Acura?
I love RC F Sports. Here are quick comparison that highlights between two cars.

- Acura TL ( SH-AWD) is more practical on every way. Seats are very comfortable. But the leather on the seats somehow becomes wrinkled very easily. RC F Sports Seats are not that comfortable compared to TL but the design is where they really shines and the most importantly, they do not get wrinkled very easily I think.

- ELS optional sound on TL is great. I could say Mark Levinson is slightly better than ELS sound in 2012 TL. ( They both sounds great). Not sure how new ELS in TLX would be.

- I love learning whole new stuff in Lexus. lol

- I am not the professional car guy but I do feel safe and solid when I do cornering in TL due to the torque vectoring. I love this feature in Acura. The acceleration is about to same ( I might be wrong, I didnt push hard on RC yet.) but RC F Sports feels more sportier.

- I love the design and the proportion of the RC much more and It looks very aggressive from the stock already while TL needs some mods to look aggressive.
Old 05-26-15, 05:46 AM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default red shoes

how about powder coat your rims to red.. here is a very bad representation.. lol
Old 05-26-15, 07:29 AM
tfischer

Received 203 Likes on 152 Posts

In my experience, the compass in the rear view mirror is usually added to cars without the NAV system installed. Also, a Compass readout is, I think, available on one of the info screens on the dash, but there are so many menus there it takes a while to learn all the windows and how to get to them.
Old 05-27-15, 05:25 PM
VMRWheels
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the new ride! Always love the red+white combo