Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Invidia Midpipe + Axleback

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-16, 08:50 AM
murfman89
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 604GSE21
the burn smell is probably what they use... something like wd40 to make the oem bolts easier to take off from the oem exhaust...
Ok, smell is gone but now I just realized I won't pass a smog test here in CA since the two cats are removed. That was my mistake for not paying attention to CA smog laws.

I plan to have the Lexus pipe reinstalled, remove the resonator and replace that with a glasspack resonator. And have Magnaflow mufflers installed. All this for $760

Or, should I just go with the Invidia Axelback instead? This part is $650 plus $120 install, unless I do that myself.

My concern is the Invidia Axelback may not have enough deep tone for the cost, where as the glasspack and Magnaflow will.

Thoughts?

Thanks.
Old 04-25-16, 09:01 PM
murfman89
Rookie

Anyone try the Invidia midpipe paired with the Megan Axle back exhaust?
Old 04-27-16, 09:02 AM
puhz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Icy350
I have a megan mid pipe paired with my F sport Exhaust.

What part of NY are you in? Im in Metro NY so if youre close youre welcome to check out the sounds before you make a purchase.

Idk how loud you want but Invidia is def louder than megan, Megan is more of a refined note.
I forgot to ask you Icy350, did you have any issue passing NYS (emissions) inspection with the Megan midpipe? I'm probably going to get the Invidia but I'll get whichever one will not fail emissions or cause a check engine light. Has anyone had issues with either of them as far as check engine lights or emissions failures outside of CA?
Old 04-27-16, 09:07 AM
murfman89
Rookie

Originally Posted by puhz
I forgot to ask you Icy350, did you have any issue passing NYS (emissions) inspection with the Megan midpipe? I'm probably going to get the Invidia but I'll get whichever one will not fail emissions or cause a check engine light. Has anyone had issues with either of them as far as check engine lights or emissions failures outside of CA?
Puhz, I may have an Invidia midpipe (used but like new) that I just installed and will need to remove this weekend since CA will not pass the smog since the two cats are removed.

I'll be asking $250 with free ground shipping or $225 if you pay shipping.

Not sure how other states will handle the smog check, I'd call your local smog shop and ask them.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 04-27-16, 09:39 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

neither midpipe will throw cel since its after the o2 sensors. in california im pretty sure neither will pass emissions, not sure about NY. There's always somewhere willing to pass you tho...
Old 04-27-16, 09:41 AM
Parsa
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by murfman89
Puhz, I may have an Invidia midpipe (used but like new) that I just installed and will need to remove this weekend since CA will not pass the smog since the two cats are removed.

Not sure how other states will handle the smog check, I'd call your local smog shop and ask them.

Thanks,

Mike
if you do end up wanting to sell, post it in the 2nd gen IS classifieds. it will be gone within a week
Old 04-28-16, 10:51 AM
puhz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by murfman89

Thanks,

Mike
PM me Murfman, I'll probably take it.