Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Suggestions on exhaust setups?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-15, 09:20 PM
Keo
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 604GSE21
well here it is ARK Performance DTS exhaust...

I gotta say not the best exhaust but also not the worst out there... imo it kinda not worth what they charged for on their website...

now on to the issues I had..
- tips are uneven one sticks out more than the other..
- mid-pipe will hit one of the floor brace but all u need to solve that is a hose clamp from home depot and clamp it on the axel back's front rubber mount...
- if you are buying this system PLEASE CHECK your drone/resonance cans by the front pipe cuz their is a flaw with whoever that welded that piece on cuz mine leak.. so I ended up taking it to a local muffler shop to get the weld fix...

here is a video i made:
ARK DT-S Exhaust for Lexus 2IS RWD - YouTube
Great Video ! I say your probably one of the very few 2IS who buys the Ark Exhaust. Most of the Ark are sold to the 3IS guys. imo. but it wasn't as much as I expected to sound. still good though. I say JoeZ is still a top one.
Old 07-08-15, 09:38 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 393 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Keo
Great Video ! I say your probably one of the very few 2IS who buys the Ark Exhaust. Most of the Ark are sold to the 3IS guys. imo. but it wasn't as much as I expected to sound. still good though. I say JoeZ is still a top one.
i didn't expect to sound any different or special either cuz like i said b4 I had Invidia + HKS Hi-Power and Invidia + Greddy SP Elite.. this kinda fits in between power wise and in terms of cabin noise... basically best of both worlds, but i kinda expect better quality from them...
Old 07-09-15, 03:18 PM
Gerb
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ark exhaust sounds great!
Old 07-09-15, 09:47 PM
604GSE21
Instructor

Received 393 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Gerb
The ark exhaust sounds great!
thanks!! seriously vancouver guys should hav a meet or something... i see quite a lot of mod Lexus around but no meets
Old 07-14-15, 07:08 PM
Heavyhitta
Driver School Candidate

well here it is ARK Performance DTS exhaust...

I gotta say not the best exhaust but also not the worst out there... imo it kinda not worth what they charged for on their website... Initial quality is good nice welds, nice bends and nice piping... they provide metal gaskets, nuts and bolts but SAE also no instruction manual some nuts and bolts do need to be reused like the one connecting to the header, and the spring bolts and nuts for the mid-pipe to the axel back but thats normal... so if you have some rusty bolts better buy some new nuts and bolts and bring out the torch or grinder cuz mine are rust to shxt!... but overall install was pretty easy...

now on to the issues I had..
- tips are uneven one sticks out more than the other..
- mid-pipe will hit one of the floor brace but all u need to solve that is a hose clamp from home depot and clamp it on the axel back's front rubber mount...
- if you are buying this system PLEASE CHECK your drone/resonance cans by the front pipe cuz their is a flaw with whoever that welded that piece on cuz mine leak.. so I ended up taking it to a local muffler shop to get the weld fix...

here is a video i made:
ARK DT-S Exhaust for Lexus 2IS RWD - YouTube
Thanks for the video and update. This is how exhaust videos should be done! Looks like great quality, however it sounds too quiet for me lol. Looks good though.
Old 07-15-15, 03:36 PM
Gerb
Pole Position

thanks!! seriously vancouver guys should hav a meet or something... i see quite a lot of mod Lexus around but no meets
I'll be down!