Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

The MOTHER of all ECU talk on or about the 2IS.

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-10, 01:36 PM
Gaugster
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SophieSleeps
Just for giggles and discussion:

I'm having a pissing match with someone on another forum about the ISX50.
He seems to think that the car is un-boostable by standard means. He claims that it's "so complicated" that even if the car is successfully boosted factory features and amenities will cease to work...that 12 ECU's talk to each other and every window has it's own flash memory blah blah blah. That a team of engineers from Falken attempted this and failed.
http://my.is/forums/f156/doing-custo...6-is350-401775
Not that it's any of my business but I would be very surprised if "Kurtz" and "Knightshade" aren't one in the same. Just an FYI

What I can add is this;

I have headers and if my sim does not work a CEL is thrown. The trouble code can be either P0606 ECU-PCM bad or P0173 O2 sensor voltage low(IIRC). Basically it is just like one of my 02 sensors went bad or was disconnected.

In either case, with the CEL illuminated and at least two systems are disabled.

System 1 VSC - the stability control system will not function. basic ABS and Brake assist are okay.

System 2 Dynamic Cruise Control - I can't use either the normal or dynamic cruise control functions.

Neither I am willing to live without but that's just me.

Windows, Cigarette Lighter, Nav are all okay.

Last edited by Gaugster; 01-29-10 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-29-10, 04:06 PM
SoDiezl350
Driver

Originally Posted by Gaugster
Not that it's any of my business but I would be very surprised if "Kurtz" and "Knightshade" aren't one in the same. Just an FYI

What I can add is this;

I have headers and if my sim does not work a CEL is thrown. The trouble code can be either P0606 ECU-PCM bad or P0173 O2 sensor voltage low(IIRC). Basically it is just like one of my 02 sensors went bad or was disconnected.

In either case, with the CEL illuminated and at least two systems are disabled.

System 1 VSC - the stability control system will not function. basic ABS and Brake assist are okay.

System 2 Dynamic Cruise Control - I can't use either the normal or dynamic cruise control functions.

Neither I am willing to live without but that's just me.

Windows, Cigarette Lighter, Nav are all okay.
Just out of curiosity, how long did it take before the CEL appeared? Have you cleared it before? How long did it take a second time?
Old 01-30-10, 05:21 AM
Gaugster
Advanced

Originally Posted by SoDiezl350
Just out of curiosity, how long did it take before the CEL appeared? Have you cleared it before? How long did it take a second time?
The P0606 code come on instantly once the engine is running. If the code is cleared, it comes back right away.

The O2 low voltage is less severe. This code will come on once and a while. Once cleared, it takes some time to come back. The car acts normal until the code pops up and the CEL turns back on. But I am sure it can vary for each vehicle and the actual sensor input condtion.
Old 05-25-12, 04:26 PM
2010Lex
Driver School Candidate

Talking Jet Performance

I just got off of the phone with them I was told that the ECU upgrade is a soft ware flash, and it would add 12 HP and 14 LB torque. I know this is an old thread but I am on night shift and ran across it. Oh yeah they also said they have no plans to release a "at home" flash unit for the IS vehicles. And they are the only ones in the states that have cracked the Lexus ECU code. Dont shoot the messenger.
Old 05-25-12, 05:45 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

1. way to bring back a thread from the dead. /sarcasm
2. right...
Old 05-25-12, 10:21 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010Lex
I just got off of the phone with them I was told that the ECU upgrade is a soft ware flash, and it would add 12 HP and 14 LB torque. I know this is an old thread but I am on night shift and ran across it. Oh yeah they also said they have no plans to release a "at home" flash unit for the IS vehicles. And they are the only ones in the states that have cracked the Lexus ECU code. Dont shoot the messenger.
Yes, and they're lying about it.

These are the same guys who have been known to take a stock ECU, slap a JET PERFORMANCE sticker on it, and ship it back untouched as a "reflashed" ECU (I think this was on a Honda- the owner actually did a checksum of the ECU flash and it was identical before and after- do some searches both here and on google and you'll find no shortage of threads on em).

Anyway, they haven't cracked the ECU, they're full of crap. They'll take your money and add 0 horsepower guaranteed.

(unless they do the 50-cent resistor trick to the relevant ECU wiring- then you might see 5-10 hp until the closed loop feedback tunes it back out in 50-100 miles... but either way they're doing exactly nothing to the actual ECU code)

Edit- Ah, didn't even take long to find a mention of it:
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ance-chip.html

has a link to the original thread there, but summary is:
The simplified version is this, the RSX ECU has a checksum called a CVN number that summarizes the state of the ECU programming. Whenever a change is made to the internal programming of the ECU, the CVN number changes.

Some guy bought a JET ECU and then compared the CVN # between stock ECU and a JET one using an OBD scan tool and found the CVN numbers are the same. This means JET didn't change anything when you send in the ECU. You send JET your ecu and $300+, they put a JET sticker on the ecu and send it back to you.

Last edited by Kurtz; 05-25-12 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-05-12, 12:52 PM
pepos
Driver

Hi guys
Anyone still running on MAP ECU3?
My ride still doing great, 30K with the charger and 8K with the piggy on.
But we need to say once more, up to 7.5 psi our engine's knock sensors do the job perfectly and tuning the timing just fine.
I have never notice fuel starvation, the high pressure pump and the injectors have a lot more to give even at 7.5 psi.
Toyota electronics and software rock.
Old 06-05-12, 01:11 PM
CANDYAPPLE
Driver

Originally Posted by pepos
Hi guys
But we need to say once more, up to 7.5 psi our engine's knock sensors do the job perfectly and tuning the timing just fine.
I have never notice fuel starvation, the high pressure pump and the injectors have a lot more to give even at 7.5 psi.
very nice i was thinking about either a charger or turbo not to sure yet. also have you looked into the J&s knock system, i have that installed on my other car, and when i detonate, it retards that one cylinder and gives power to the others. incredible system, gonna see if it can install on the lexus.also which charger do you have, i have the vortech supercharger.
Old 06-05-12, 03:15 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pepos
Hi guys
What duty cycle are your injectors running at 7.5 psi?

IIRC HKS350 found they were already running about as high as you'd want them to for any length of time around that level of boost (~80%) but maybe the 250 is different in this regard?