Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Cat back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-05, 02:56 PM
TRDisGood
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cat back exhaust

I want to replace my stock exhaust with sometihng with better flow, i was thinking the team lexus borla cat back. But im open for sugstions. I really like the HKS carbon/Ti exhaust but its only the rear section...so its out Thanks for any help
Old 08-31-05, 04:46 PM
juniorsdad
Lead Lap

cat-backs - borla, tanabe, greddy, jic, etc...
axel-backs - hks, l-tuned, l-sportline, blitz, etc...

depends on your likes/dislikes
max hp out of them is 8-9 hp
all have diff sound quality (some have a drone, too)

also, depends on whether you're thinking about changing out the headers and y-pipe
Old 08-31-05, 04:53 PM
TRDisGood
Driver School Candidate

Im looking for an aggressive sound and i do plan on changing the header and y pipe, any sugestins for those....also have you heard the borla? Iv heard other cars with borla and they all sounded really good
Old 09-03-05, 05:13 AM
Benjamminz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TRDisGood
Im looking for an aggressive sound and i do plan on changing the header and y pipe, any sugestins for those....also have you heard the borla? Iv heard other cars with borla and they all sounded really good

borla is one of the best for tone in my opinion, though i'd like to hear what veilside's all titanium setup sounds like... i am VERY interested in that setup, looking for ways to reduce weight.
Old 09-03-05, 11:46 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I want to replace my stock exhaust with sometihng with better flow, i was thinking the team lexus borla cat back. But im open for sugstions. I really like the HKS carbon/Ti exhaust but its only the rear section...so its out Thanks for any help

Got the Team Lexus cat back just put on. Nice deep tone at low rpm take off. A low level rumble at freeway speeds, but I wouldn't call it a drone.

Over 3k rpm, watch this baby scream. The first time I jumped on it, it almost scared me. Very agressive at WOT. Sounds great, but you will definitely attract attention. Driving around normally, though is completely different. Low tone and pretty mellow.
Old 09-03-05, 07:19 PM
TRDisGood
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Got the Team Lexus cat back just put on. Nice deep tone at low rpm take off. A low level rumble at freeway speeds, but I wouldn't call it a drone.

Over 3k rpm, watch this baby scream. The first time I jumped on it, it almost scared me. Very agressive at WOT. Sounds great, but you will definitely attract attention. Driving around normally, though is completely different. Low tone and pretty mellow.
Thanks, i think i will go with the team lexus...its a little pricey though, only the best for the is. And how is the SRT intake and ecu upgrade? Iv heard a lto of good about it
Old 09-04-05, 01:32 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, i think i will go with the team lexus...its a little pricey though, only the best for the is. And how is the SRT intake and ecu upgrade? Iv heard a lto of good about it

I got the Team Lexus Exhaust on Ebay sold through Titan Motorsports for $450.

Do a search for IS300 Borla.
Old 09-23-05, 03:23 PM
lspower
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to go off topic on the thread but you will yield more power by getting a header or downpipe or both would b the best
catback is not the real prob the 3 cat converters are, 3 is tooo many one or none is all u need

my 2 cents put the money where u will notice a bigger difference
Old 09-23-05, 03:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by lspower
not to go off topic on the thread but you will yield more power by getting a header or downpipe or both would b the best
catback is not the real prob the 3 cat converters are, 3 is tooo many one or none is all u need
Hmm you're probably not knoweldgeable on the IS300 and the 2JZ-GE CEL issues with headers.
Old 09-27-05, 11:10 AM
sammer619
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flipside909
Hmm you're probably not knoweldgeable on the IS300 and the 2JZ-GE CEL issues with headers.
this CEL can be taken care of quite easily. Simulators abound for this particular problem. I've had the Pro1-headers quite awhile before I went F/I and no CEL thanks to a simulator...
good point though flipside.. but those who want to go headers and racepipe, don't get scared away..