Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Manual 93 Sc clutch stuck engaged after drifitng a bit....

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-16, 02:59 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 68 Posts
Default Manual 93 Sc clutch stuck engaged after drifitng a bit....

Hey guys,

My sc300 is running Ali's tt ecu mod and a single turbo at 14psi. Cars been running great. I put an ebay 375 rated clutch in it about 6 months ago. The other day after doing 4 good drift turns in a row the last one when i went to push the clutch in to get out of first gear, the pedal went to the floor but the clutch never disengaged and the pedal stayed on the floor. I was able to kick it again and pull it out of first then the clutch worked for the mile home.

I took the car out this morning just for a cruise to see if it was a fluke or what happened. Clutch was grabby it seemed then after a few miles and a decent little pull in second it did the same thing but now i couldn't get the clutch to work again it stays depressed and does not disengage(free the transmission from the engine). I was about to get the car home just but shifting at the right rpms no clutch... i didn't like it but i was close to home.

When i press the clutch it kinda moves the shift fork at the slave cylinder. i can't tell if maybe its not moving enough because i can move the fork with a pry bar another half inch but my girlfriend couldn't get it into gear with the engine running while i was doing this. so i guess i wasn't able to get the clutch to disengage with my pry bar either.

Right now i'm thinking of replacing the slave cylinder first. Anyone else have any experience with something like this?

I really don't want to tow it to work and i really don't want to drive it without a clutch to work either lol. so its just on jack stands the master cylinder reservoir is full as well didn't seem to see any leaks in the car by pedals or under near the slave.

Sorry if this should have gone in performance in maintenance. =\ cant figure out how to change it

Last edited by scsexy; 12-05-16 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-05-16, 03:37 PM
CatManD3W
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

If the pedal stays depressed to the floor it means that the clutch is done.

You need to put in a new clutch disk more than likely
Old 12-06-16, 01:01 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

I had the same issue with the clutch pedal staying depressed to the floor and not coming back up-I replaced the clutch master cylinder.
Old 12-21-16, 04:06 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Replaced the master first, no change.
Replaced the slave second and no change. I bled the system both times at the slave cylinder.

Ordered a clutch so i'm sure that will do it. I went the cheaper options first but well at least i know everything will be new and i have back ups in case i ever convert an auto to manual or buy a beat up manual sc

Last edited by scsexy; 12-21-16 at 05:45 PM.
Old 01-03-17, 05:54 PM
scsexy
Advanced

Clutch fixed it.. =)

I messed the clutch disc up pretty bad. I tore nearly all the material off of one side.