Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Transmission issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-17, 01:51 PM
Jaymila
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission issue

Hi all, my name is jordan. I've been using this place for my friends sc400 to help him and it's been real helpful, you guys are awesome. I picked up a sc300 for myself about two months ago and I've been fixing it up. She's at 158k now got her at 155. Aside from an annoying noise one of the tires makes its been doing real good, I changed the spark plugs, oil, coolant, power steering, fuel filter, you know the goods making purr and shine, anyways two days ago I had my radio replaced and I'm sure you all know to get it out, all the plastic stuff around the radio and the gearshift we has to come out and get unplugged blah blah. Now after it was put back together with the radio working now (yay) I hit the freeway and the sucker now won't shift into 4th gear. Rpms at 4k at 70mph. Max speed 100. Now I'm very sure it has to do with the fact that it was disassembled but I won't know until later in the week when I have time to go back. Od light not blinking the rest of the gears work flawlessly. Also it worked fine prior to my radio swap. Any ideas anyone?
Old 01-03-17, 02:19 PM
GTX580
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would check the wires and the plug for yr O/D plug if all yr gears are working fine.
Old 01-03-17, 02:46 PM
gerrb
Super Moderator

Received 430 Likes on 315 Posts

OP - Welcome to the forum !

I would suggest to read the stickied thread on the main page , it may lead you to answers to many of your questions. Many newbies tend to post or start a thread about issues or problems without doing research. A lot of things have already been covered when it comes to the Lexus SC300 and SC400.

Please do read the following :

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...intenance.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...tart-here.html

btw , help wanted thread goes to the Performance and Maintenance Section . And the more info you can give about your car , the better people can give you better advice.

Good Luck .
Old 01-03-17, 06:47 PM
Jaymila
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ross3857
I would check the wires and the plug for yr O/D plug if all yr gears are working fine.
are you able to tell me which wire that is
Old 01-03-17, 06:52 PM
Jaymila
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gerrb
OP - Welcome to the forum !

I would suggest to read the stickied thread on the main page , it may lead you to answers to many of your questions. Many newbies tend to post or start a thread about issues or problems without doing research. A lot of things have already been covered when it comes to the Lexus SC300 and SC400.

Please do read the following :

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...intenance.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...tart-here.html

btw , help wanted thread goes to the Performance and Maintenance Section . And the more info you can give about your car , the better people can give you better advice.

Good Luck .
thanks for the input. I'll read through all that it seems useful. I'm quite knowledge as far as repairing and working on cars just don't know the sc too well internally. I reaserched as much as i I can and couldn't find much about my issue specifically.