Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Electrical Guru's, your help is needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-15, 06:02 PM
SpadedOne
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Guru's, your help is needed!!!

I have a 98 SC300. It had a remote start wired into it when I bought it, that I never used. One day just randomly, I came out from work and my parking lights and side markers where on but very dim. The car was off, locked, no key in it and was sitting for 8 hrs. I also noticed that my tail lights were not working when I turned my lights on and the parking lights and side markers were still very dim. The parking lights and side markers have LED lights in them, but not the tail lights. It was like they were getting just a little bit of power, enough for the LED's but not enough to power the regular bulbs in the tail lights. So, I decided to take out all the wiring for the remote start, thinking that was the issue. Got it all out and noticed the tail light fuse had blown. I replaced it and also found the wire to the tail lights in the kick panel below the fuse box, was cut from the remote start wiring splicing. I soldered that wire back together and tried it out. Turned on the head lights and they were slightly fliickering. Then, no more parking lights or side markers and still no tail lights. I turned the switch off, then back on and the head lights were flashing on and completely off really really fast. It also killed my battery in a matter of 10 seconds or so of this flickering fast. When they were flickering, I heard an electrical sounding clicking somewhere by the passenger side fire wall. There is still one wire I didn't unplug from the remote starter harness. It goes up in my steering column or up into my ignition somewhere. I can't find where it goes without tearing a lot more of my dash up. I'm at a loss right now and don't wanna take it somewhere and spend hundreds of dollars to have it checked out. If anyone has a clue what to do or try next, please let me know. Another thing, I do have HID's headlights. Cheap ones without a resistor. I did try the parking lights with them unplugged and still no power. Not sure what I did to make it go from a lil power to the parking and side markers, to now no power. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!
Old 03-07-15, 07:31 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

sounds like it goes to the starter. but best bet is too look for a wiring diagram.
Old 03-14-15, 09:33 AM
SpadedOne
Rookie

Can someone tell me where a remote start is connected to in the ignition and how to get to that wiring? I think some of the security/alarm wiring is still connected causing my issues.
Old 04-01-15, 02:54 PM
SpadedOne
Rookie

Can someone provide me a copy of the wiring diagram for a 1998 SC300? Looking for ignition switch harness, steering column harness, and wiring under drivers running board.